PDA

View Full Version : Texas police search for woman they say claimed on social media that she would spread coronavirus

Teh One Who Knocks
04-06-2020, 10:03 AM
By David Aaro | Fox News

Police in Texas announced on Sunday they are looking for a woman who claimed on Snapchat to have tested positive for COVID-19 and was "willfully spreading it."

Police identified the woman as Lorraine Maradiaga, 18. She stands to be charged with terroristic threat, Texas Penal Code 22.07, they said.

"We have no confirmation Maradiaga is actually a threat to public health," the department announced on Facebook Sunday night. "We are, however, taking her social media actions very seriously."

https://i.imgur.com/Qoy0j1i.png (https://www.facebook.com/CarrolltonTXPD/posts/10158397312772867)

The woman allegedly recorded herself shopping at what she claimed to be a local Walmart, according to Fort Worth's KXAS-TV.

"I'm here at Walmart about to infest every [expletive] because if I'm going down, all you [expletive] are going down," she allegedly said in the Snapchat video.

A police spokesman told the station that officers went to her home on Sunday, but she wasn't there. Police added that her family was cooperating with them.

Texas has 7,294 confirmed COVID-19 cases and 140 deaths as of early Monday, according to data from Johns Hopkins.

Anyone with more information is asked to call 972-466-3333 or email CrimeTips@CityofCarrollton.com.

lost in melb.
04-06-2020, 12:54 PM
F*** these spoilt, entitled little brats. joke or no joke

Teh One Who Knocks
04-06-2020, 12:58 PM
F*** these spoilt, entitled little brats. joke or no joke

It's a really sad commentary on our society that there are SO MANY of these types of stories out there right now. :|

lost in melb.
04-06-2020, 01:11 PM
It's a really sad commentary on our society that there are SO MANY of these types of stories out there right now. :|

A few years ago my partner's sister's daughter, an adolescent around 13 years old started stealing money from her mum's wallet. The daughter vehemently denied having stolen it. The mum pulled apart her entire bedroom, found the money then drove the daughter to the police station and left her there for a couple of hours. The daughter got the hint.

If there's no fear of consequences an adolescent will never become an adult.

Teh One Who Knocks
04-08-2020, 09:39 AM
By Vandana Rambaran | Fox News

An 18-year-old Texas woman is charged with making terroristic threats after she posted on social media that she tested positive for COVID-19 and was "willfully spreading it."

Lorraine Maradiaga posted a series of Snapchat videos of herself claiming to be at a local Walmart as Gov. Greg Abbot ordered all state residents to avoid going out in public and practice social distancing measures to stop the spread of coronavirus.

"I'm here at Walmart about to infest every [expletive] because if I'm going down, all you [expletive] are going down," she allegedly said in the video.

Maradiaga was arrested Tuesday and charged with the third-degree felony.

She told officers that she does not have COVID-19 and police said "we currently have no proof that Maradiaga has tested positive."

Her bond was set at $20,000 and she was taken to the Denton County Jail.

She has been ordered to quarantine for 21 days after she is released from jail as a precaution, police said.