PDA

View Full Version : Sex Offender Awarded Custody of 3-Year-Old Florida Girl

AntZ
07-19-2011, 05:32 PM
Sex Offender Awarded Custody of 3-Year-Old Florida Girl

Published July 18, 2011 | FoxNews.com

The family of a 3-year-old Florida girl is outraged after a judge awarded custody to the child's legal father, who is a registered sex offender, WJXX-TV reports.

Trista Crews Coleman, the child's mother, reportedly died in a car accident a month after her daughter, Miranda Wilkerson, was born.

Earlier this month, a judge gave custody to the child's father, Donald Coleman, a registered sex offender who impregnated Trista Crews Coleman in 1997 when he was 38 and she was 14 years old.

The two had three children together and Crews Coleman's mother, Rita Manning, said she only signed off on the wedding because a child was on the way.

"I signed for them to get married for that reason only," Manning told the station.

Coleman was arrested after the couple wed in 1997, and court records show he pleaded guilty to a sex crime involving a child under 16, the station reports. He was then ordered to register as a sex offender.

Manning said her daughter left Coleman in 2005, saying, "She couldn't afford a divorce (because) she was supporting three kids on their own."

After her daughter died, Manning said, Coleman filed for custody of Miranda and was awarded it.

"Her whole world is here," Manning told the station. "How could a judge do that?"

"She's been with me since she drew breath," Manning reportedly said.

PorkChopSandwiches
07-19-2011, 05:36 PM
So he's a sex offender for having sex with his wife.

AntZ
07-19-2011, 06:02 PM
So he's a sex offender for having sex with his wife.

Before she was his wife at the age of 14!

Hal-9000
07-19-2011, 07:28 PM
he's a registered sex offender for a crime to a minor...how could this happen?

PorkChopSandwiches
07-19-2011, 07:29 PM
hes a registered sex offender for having sex with his wife

Hal-9000
07-19-2011, 07:40 PM
could you post it one more time...I didn't quite get it yet :lol:

:doh:

Muddy
07-19-2011, 07:42 PM
Dirty Ol' man...

PorkChopSandwiches
07-19-2011, 07:43 PM
If this was a 38 year old women and a 14 year old boy the RBP would have something to say about it ;)

Muddy
07-19-2011, 07:44 PM
My people been persecuted!

http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/500/36705641/Ol+Dirty+Bastard+odb6.jpg

RBP
07-19-2011, 08:58 PM
If this was a 38 year old women and a 14 year old boy the RBP would have something to say about it ;)

This one is goofy because they got married with Mom's approval. The whole thing is fucked up.

I am not sure that it's fair to assume he'll molest his daughter though.

Yt Trash
07-19-2011, 09:33 PM
This one is goofy because they got married with Mom's approval. The whole thing is fucked up.

I am not sure that it's fair to assume he'll molest his daughter though.

Agreed, I think the mother in law is trying to use the sex offender charge to help her case, ie... get custody.

JoeyB
07-19-2011, 09:49 PM
Here's the deal...his future wife was fourteen and probably very adult in appearance...he's not a pedophile, he doesn't want to have sex with children. His crime was technical (statutory rape), not physical (being attracted to children). There is a massive difference between the two and I think we really need to recognize that as a society.

A pedophile is sexually attracted to children...most cases of statutory rape are about a man having sex with someone who is physically grown and appears adult. Think about it. This guy may be an idiot, but he is not a pedophile, nor is he a danger to his daughter.

PorkChopSandwiches
07-19-2011, 10:00 PM
http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lo8drmgJa91qmruhso1_400.png