PDA

View Full Version : Michelle Obama says these Americans responsible for Trump's 2016 victory

Teh One Who Knocks
05-05-2020, 10:23 AM
By Louis Casiano | Fox News

https://i.imgur.com/R89f4Rc.jpg

Former First Lady Michelle Obama lamented about the lack of voter turnout for Hillary Clinton in the 2016 presidential election during an upcoming documentary, blaming those who stayed home for the election of President Trump.

Obama voiced her frustrations in the Netflix documentary "Becoming," which will be made available Wednesday. The film chronicles her 34-city book tour followed by the release of her memoir of the same name, The Daily Beast reported.

The documentary, directed by Nadia Hallgren, followed the former first lady as she went around the country speaking at community events and fielding questions from everyday Americans, sharing what she learned after her and her husband’s two terms in the White House.

During the tour, Obama reflected on those who sat out the 2016 election, saying they could have swayed the results in Clinton's favor.

"So, the day I left the White House, and I write about how painful it was to sit on that [inauguration] stage," she said. "A lot of our folks didn’t vote. It was almost like a slap in the face.

"I understand the people who voted for Trump," she added. "The people who didn’t vote at all, the young people, the women, that’s when you think, man, people think this is a game."

Obama went on to explain the apathy of citizens didn't just impact the presidential race, but also the midterm elections during her husband's presidency.

"Every midterm. Every time Barack didn’t get the Congress he needed, that was because our folks didn’t show up," she said. "After all that work, they just couldn’t be bothered to vote at all. That’s my trauma.”

The Obamas announced in 2018 that they partnered with Netflix to produce new films and shows with diverse content, including the Oscar-winning documentary “American Factory,” about an Ohio auto glass factory run by a Chinese investor.

RBP
05-05-2020, 10:31 AM
:haha:

Griffin
05-05-2020, 01:44 PM
By Louis Casiano | Fox News

During the tour, Obama reflected on those who sat out the 2016 election, saying they could have swayed the results in Clinton's favor.

Or there would have been a lot more votes for Trump.
When will these people admit, America didn't vote for Trump. They voted against Hillary.

Teh One Who Knocks
05-05-2020, 10:25 PM
www.draftmichelle.org

RBP
05-05-2020, 10:47 PM
www.draftmichelle.org

Why stop there?

A Hillary Clinton-Barack Obama ticket to replace Joe Biden? Is it even possible?

Who might be in consideration to become the new nominee — and who would be selected as the vice presidential running mate? Several likely combinations come to mind, starting in many minds with New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, but one particular, truly out-of-the-box combination stops the discussion in its tracks: Hillary Clinton as the nominee and Barack Obama as her running mate.

The 12th Amendment states that no one “ineligible to the office of President shall be eligible to that of Vice President of the United States.” The 22nd Amendment — the “not Franklin Delano Roosevelt again” amendment — states that “no person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice.”

The operative word here might be “elected.” If Obama were selected as Clinton’s running mate, and she had to leave office for any reason, then Obama would succeed her. At least one constitutional expert is on record saying there is nothing to prevent such a scenario.

lost in melb.
05-06-2020, 12:41 AM
Whoever takes the reins in November is going to wish they were never born.

perrhaps
05-06-2020, 09:10 AM
Whoever takes the reins in November is going to wish they were never born.

What makes you say that? Trump knows his actions over the past 3+ years have been absolutely perfect, and he accepts no responsibility for anything that's gone wrong.

Griffin
05-06-2020, 11:29 AM
What makes you say that? Trump knows his actions over the past 3+ years have been absolutely perfect, and he accepts no responsibility for anything that's gone wrong.

Kinda like how Obama has taken credit for all that has improved.

Teh One Who Knocks
05-06-2020, 11:51 AM
Why stop there?

A Hillary Clinton-Barack Obama ticket to replace Joe Biden? Is it even possible?

Who might be in consideration to become the new nominee — and who would be selected as the vice presidential running mate? Several likely combinations come to mind, starting in many minds with New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, but one particular, truly out-of-the-box combination stops the discussion in its tracks: Hillary Clinton as the nominee and Barack Obama as her running mate.

The 12th Amendment states that no one “ineligible to the office of President shall be eligible to that of Vice President of the United States.” The 22nd Amendment — the “not Franklin Delano Roosevelt again” amendment — states that “no person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice.”

The operative word here might be “elected.” If Obama were selected as Clinton’s running mate, and she had to leave office for any reason, then Obama would succeed her. At least one constitutional expert is on record saying there is nothing to prevent such a scenario.

That would be challenged in court and I am pretty sure (75%) that the SCOTUS would rule that a President that has already served 2 terms would be ineligible to become Vice President because of the 22nd Amendment.

Griffin
05-06-2020, 11:56 AM
They allowed him to be president with no proof of citizenship.

lost in melb.
05-06-2020, 02:02 PM

Surely he must have some kind of breaking point?

RBP
05-06-2020, 10:13 PM
I'm still waiting for the list of all the things that went horribly wrong. Everything was booming.

DemonGeminiX
05-06-2020, 11:49 PM
Until this pandemic hit, everything was booming. We can't blame the pandemic on Trump, no matter how much the critics/leftists want to. It wasn't his fault. That blame lies with the Chinese government.

RBP
05-07-2020, 10:54 PM
I'm still waiting for the list of all the things that went horribly wrong. Everything was booming.

:bump: