PDA

View Full Version : P.E teacher accused of sex with five students, pleads not guilty by reason of insanity

Teh One Who Knocks
07-20-2011, 12:45 AM
Attorney Says Students Took Advantage Of Schuler's 'Impairment'
WLWT Cincinnati

http://i.imgur.com/20Skr.jpg

MASON -- A former Mason teacher has changed her plea in a case where she is accused of having sex with students.

Stacy Schuler's attorney filed a motion Tuesday changing her plea from not guilty to not guilty by reason of insanity.

The 33-year-old Schuler was a physical education teacher at Mason High School when she was indicted in February on 16 counts of sexual battery and three counts of providing alcohol to a minor.

Prosecutors alleged the incidents involved five male students and took place between August and December of last year.

Schuler's attorney, Charlie Rittgers, said his client became "impaired and thereby unable to prevent the young men from taking advantage of her."

Rittgers said the young men involved in the case traveled across Warren County to take advantage of this unspecified impairment.

"Stacy Schuler's defense from a legal standpoint is based upon her inability to protect herself from the young men involved in this case," Rittgers said in a statement.

Warren County Prosecutor David Fornshell said Wednesday he thinks the plea change is interesting because Schuler earlier denied that the alleged offenses occurred.

"For a period of six months what we've heard are outright denials that these events ever happened, basically that the allegations made by these juvenile students were false," Fornshell said.

Former Butler County assistant prosecutor Jason Phillabaum said the timing of the change will probably require explanation.

"They can file these at any time, but they're going to have to show good reason why it was filed this late," Phillabaum said.

"Sex crimes are very difficult to talk about from both victim and defendant's point of view," Phillabaum said. "Maybe she disclosed something only recently that (her attorney) was able to act upon. Maybe the defense had a private evaluation done first to see if it would warrant an official filing."

Phillabaum said only 2 percent of all defendants file an insanity plea, and only a third of those are successful.

"Most of those cases are usually in some type of violent crime or something of that nature," Phillabaum said. "Having a sex crime is pretty rare."

Schuler was scheduled to go on trial in May, but her attorneys asked for more time to prepare her case. It is now scheduled for Aug. 8.

Schuler resigned shortly after she was indicted. She remains free on bond and is on house arrest at her parents' home.

RBP
07-20-2011, 12:51 AM
:facepalm:

This one might piss me off because you know they will go after the victims as "perpetrators."

Teh One Who Knocks
07-20-2011, 12:54 AM
They took advantage of her :nono:

Southern Belle
07-20-2011, 12:57 AM
Oh ffs. She's supposed to be a mentor and the adult in the situation.

RBP
07-20-2011, 01:14 AM
They took advantage of her :nono:

:-s

pepo
07-20-2011, 01:19 AM
Stacy Schuler's attorney filed a motion Tuesday changing her plea from not guilty to not guilty by reason of insanity.

wtf??? she crazy for young boys????

guilty.

next!!!!

Southern Belle
07-20-2011, 01:23 AM
wtf??? she crazy for young boys????

guilty.

next!!!!Exactly!

Loser
07-20-2011, 03:48 AM
I'd hit it :lol:

RBP
07-20-2011, 04:16 AM
I'd hit it :lol:

:slap:

Loser
07-20-2011, 04:55 AM
I nailed two of my hot teachers in my highschool.

"Can you come over and mow my lawn?"
"But you live in an apartment..." O.o

:lol:

That was my english teacher.

JoeyB
07-20-2011, 05:30 AM

Lucky bastard.

Griffin
07-20-2011, 09:52 AM

that creepy 50 year old that lived with his mother? :-s

Teh One Who Knocks
07-20-2011, 11:29 AM
:-s

It says it right in the article :slap: