PDA

View Full Version : UFC Fight Island: Octagon on the beach, world class facilities and the best fighters

Teh One Who Knocks
05-06-2020, 01:35 PM
By Joshua Peck - The Daily Star

https://i.imgur.com/ThECYph.jpg

UFC president Dana White has spoken about plans to host fight shows on a ‘Fight Island’ with hopes of having it up and running in June.

The rescheduled UFC 249 takes place this weekend in Jacksonville, Florida, with three more shows expected this month.

White plans to expand UFC are then expected to betaken to a whole new level with a proposed fight island with the chief saying: “Fight Island should be up and running in June. So I should be able to start running international events in June.”

It is unknown as to where the island will be, though White has revealed that setting an Octagon up on the beach is possible.

He added: “We really are putting an octagon on the beach. There's going to be training facilities there for people.

“There are hotels. And the whole island is going to be built, all the infrastructure is going to be built for the UFC to come do fights there.”

Top fighters are expected to fight at the complex, wherever it will be, with Conor McGregor and Nate Diaz both linked with potential bouts.

https://i.imgur.com/skcnc4i.jpg

The pair have already fought twice and McGregor is expected to fight again this summer having beaten Donald Cerrone in January.

Indeed White has revealed that McGregor wants to fight on the island, saying: “Conor's been ready to fight for a while. He's in shape. He's ready to go.

“First of all, 'Fight Island' is going to be very important in any of these fights that are happening with people from outside the country.

“He and I were texting. He's asking me what date can I fight on 'Fight Island' and will there be fans. Conor's asking me, Conor wants to fight.

https://i.imgur.com/3qm9piN.jpg

“It kills me to do a fight with Conor without fans. Kills me. This guy's doing almost $20million gates.

“We're not talking about a specific opponent but he wants to fight. He wants to fight, it sounds like he wants to fight in June and he's asking if there would be fans there.

“There would not be fans and the fight would be either mid-June or end of June.”

Tony Ferguson could also be set for a bout on the island though will first face Justin Gaethje this weekend.

Muddy
05-06-2020, 01:47 PM
Khabib.. Im not sure that guy can be beat.. Fuggin' Russians, you can beat them in the head over and over and they just wont go out..

PorkChopSandwiches
05-06-2020, 05:00 PM
outside of US regulations?

FBD
07-30-2020, 07:32 PM
Khabib.. Im not sure that guy can be beat.. Fuggin' Russians, you can beat them in the head over and over and they just wont go out..

Its disappointing seeing Khabib get on the "I want to beat Gaethje and then have GSP for my final match of my career" when 4 months ago he was sitting there saying he absolutely has to beat Tony Ferguson in order to cement his legacy as the best ever.

FBD
08-02-2020, 04:52 PM
Lando & Bobby, great fuggin match last night!

Shabazyan was looking really good until he got poked in the eye and took a shitload of huge shots from which his brain did not unfog.

FBD
08-09-2020, 06:12 AM
black beast becomes ufc heavyweight with most ko victories by beating down old man olenik..../joeydiazvoice "43's too old to be in there, dog".....black beast looked awesome and in the best shape I've ever seen him, withstood some of olenik's signature chokings at the end of the first before coming out with guns blazing in the second, once one lands its kinda basically all over in that situation.

speaking of old men, weidman got a win back at middleweight, he was smart not to strike with that dude, but not the most entertaining

pitolo vs stewart was excellent stand up but cut short by 1st round guillotine win from stewart....was hoping for more entertainments from that match

kunitskaya is absolutely boring to watch, leave the room and go do something interesting if she's on

dariush with the spinning backfist forearm ko, good shit, I like seeing jj guys go for broke because they dont care if they get taken down

kevin holland had a great mouthpiece spitting ko of buckley

haqparast got some fisticuffs too

sanchez had a good ko of turman, mullet power adds something to fists apparently

zalal landed this insane spin kick to the jaw of that boston guy, I cant believe barrett withstood that and went the distance. still lost, but man, it was such a sweet contact it was just shocking to see him not get tko'd

FBD
08-10-2020, 12:34 PM
its pretty funny that fighters are actually taking things from the UFC video games and using them...

Baneil Dariush: My friend told me that my guy in the game has a really good spinning backfist, just try it a couple times and see if you can KO...

....he goes and spinning backfist KOs a motherfucker :lol:

Muddy
08-10-2020, 04:38 PM
"Black Beast".. :lol:

FBD
08-10-2020, 05:01 PM
"Black Beast".. :lol:

Derrick Lewis is fkn awesome and absolutely hilarious! He fkn crotch thrusts the canvas when he wins and always says something great....like walt harris tweeted "I'm just here for the Derrick Lewis post fight interview" :lol:

https://www.instagram.com/thebeastufc/?hl=en

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_E6jXHMPs4

Muddy
08-10-2020, 05:30 PM
I'm familiar with him, his nickname just hits my funny bone.

FBD
08-11-2020, 12:42 PM
Luke Rockhold is coming back again....cmon bro the last time I saw you, you had such an old man chin it wasnt even funny

FBD
08-13-2020, 04:18 PM
will be interesting to watch Sean OMalley vs Cheeto Vera on saturday

dont really care about stipe vs cormier, cormier got lucky in their first match and stipe showed him what's what in the second one, I expect their trilogy match to be much like the second, cormier will start getting punched in the face a lot once he starts bringing his hands down to protect from his huge gut getting punched.

FBD
08-16-2020, 02:32 PM
first 2 matches were awesome, always good to see dudes trying to prove themselves. Yoder did a good job against that she-blanka from brazil. then I fell asleep and caught the last 3 matches...

Rozenstruik's matches tend to go like this:
outstruck outstruck outstruck outstruck outstruck outstruck outstruck outstruck outstruck outstruck outstruck ROSENSTRIKE match over

sugar sean vs cheeto was disappointing - Sean did some shuffle step attacks and one of them he caught up his foot on the canvas and wound up completely stepping on the top of his own foot, rolled it up shitty, and was unable to really move or fight, it was so bad that he couldnt even defend himself on the ground. Disappointing. and eye roll at cheeto for being all "yeah I kicked his ass"

cormier showed some great heart but didnt have it in him - he won the first round after poking stipe in the eye and towards the end of the round half dropped him with a punch, but in the second stipe took over and he rocked cormier hard and the bell saved him from defeat right there. third round cormier was fucked and stipe beat the shit out of him, and accidentally poked him back in the eye (or was that second rd, lol)....so of course when cormier gets on the mic with joe rogan its all about I cant see, all I see is black out of my eye right now....well buddy if it was that bad, the docs would have called the fight!

FBD
08-28-2020, 07:50 PM
https://www.dailywire.com/news/ufc-president-dana-white-goes-all-in-for-re-electing-trump-unloads-on-those-demonizing-police

UFC President Dana White Goes All In For Re-Electing Trump, Unloads On Those Demonizing Police

“I spoke at this convention four years ago, and I’m back because I believe we need President Trump’s leadership now more than ever,” White said. “Before the pandemic, President Trump built the greatest economy in our nation’s history and created opportunities for all Americans like no one before him. Financial markets hit all-time highs, unemployment was at an all-time low, and we weren’t facing the lawless destruction that now is occurring in a few of our great cities.”

“It blows my mind how quickly some of the leadership in this country has forgotten the critical role first responders play in our society,” White continued. “Police departments, and other law enforcement, even some fire departments have faced opposition from many in this country, but they are always the people who are asked to step up when things are at their worst, and put themselves at risk. That has certainly been the case during this ongoing pandemic. Come on, America. Defunding these vital positions is not the answer. The first responders have always taken care of us, and now more than ever, we need to take care of them.”

“Now, let’s talk about COVID, and let’s be very honest about it. No one person and no one place could have anticipated the challenges that COVID would bring,” White continued. “But President Trump has faced all these obstacles head on. He immediately put protective measures in place, and he reached out to the best and the brightest leading American businesses across all industries to discuss what he and his administration could do to get the economy back up and running safely.”

“Let me give you more detail,” White continued. “In early April, President Trump organized a task force of business leaders across the country, and I was fortunate enough to serve on that task force. Firsthand, I had the opportunity to witness how hardworking and determined President Trump was to solve unprecedented problems our country was facing. I personally observed his ability to listen and understand the issues impacting Americans of all backgrounds. It was clear. His highest priority was always the health and safety of everyone in our country—not just Republicans, not just supporters, but every single American. President Trump recognized that one of the small ways to instill a sense of normalcy in people’s lives was to bring back entertainment options.”

“The President went above and beyond to help all sports leagues involved figure out a way to overcome the challenges of staging live professional sporting events in the middle of a pandemic,” White said. “And you know what? We did it. The UFC was the first to do it, and we are continuing to do it. Now, other sports have joined us, and some of the lessons learned are being used to help re-open other types of businesses and schools.”

“Make no mistake about it. We still have a long way to go,” White continued. “And that is why we need a leader with President Trump’s unique attributes at this critical time. I have said it before, and I will say it again. He is one of the most loyal human beings I have ever met. The man has unstoppable energy. No one, and I mean no one, is going to outwork this guy. But most importantly, he truly loves and believes in our country. He believes in the people of this country. America is a place everyone wants a solid job. They want to take care of their family, they want to support the community, assist the less fortunate, and enjoy the freedom this country has provided to all of us. While we have certainly experienced a ton of negativity in 2020, President Trump’s mindset is to work tirelessly, to find solutions to problems, and help restore America.”

“I’d like to close with this,” White concluded. “While it’s critically important to re-elect President Trump, this pandemic has also taught us to be very, very careful who you select as your next governor, senator, congressperson, and mayor. It is so important to vote. And don’t think that your vote doesn’t matter, because to be honest with you, it has never mattered more than it does right now.”

FBD
09-15-2020, 02:39 PM
heh, no shit

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc/photos-nick-diaz-in-phenomenal-shape-ahead-of-planned-return/

https://twitter.com/espnmma/status/1305287005572603905

FBD
09-20-2020, 01:58 PM
some good matches last night

khamzat chimaev, holy shit...kicked meerschart once, blocked....then 1 punch knocks him the fuck out...matter of fact, here, watch the whole fight, they played it over again in its entirety once it took place :lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25g6qALTd5Y

randa markos vs mckenzie dern was like watching a fish fight a crab

I like watching Kevin Holland, he's entertaining and shit talks while he fights

VERY satisfying to watch Colby beat the shit out of Woodley for 4 straight rounds. Dana's right, its time for Woodley to hang it up.

Cowboy too...we love ya brother, now put them gloves down

I love Colby's shit talking, its hilarious
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr4GSsOEdy4

https://i.imgur.com/6ktInCE.jpg

Hugh_Janus
09-20-2020, 07:55 PM
pow! Right in the kissah

FBD
09-28-2020, 03:16 PM
man, I was expecting paulo costa to have put up more of a fight. I was still expecting a full dismantling either way, but I thought he'd have been swinging more...he literally hit adesanya with 1 jab and a handful of kicks.

that was an easy finish to call = costa swings, adesanya dodges it and nails him with something he doesnt see that sits him down.

Blachowich is a beast...when they did the staredown, looked like he had 3 helmet sizes on Reyes. I thought reyes would have done a little better, but I didnt make a prediction for that one.

FBD
10-11-2020, 12:49 PM
ko fest last night!

daukas started it off, then tom breese has a ko right after, tom aspinall, dricue de plessis

second round spinning heel kick ko, ground & pound win for sandhagen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hRMlr4ucMs

but joaquin buckley stole the show with perhaps the best knockout in ufc history....dana white was talking about that was so impressive he might give him all the bonuses for the night

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTwO2o7_kFk

FBD
10-18-2020, 02:08 PM
Brian Ortega 2.0, holy shit did he make some improvements in his stand up game. He straight up dis fucking mantled the Korean Zombie. Ortega said after the fight that he's a different fighter now than when he fought Max Holloway, and I absolutely believe him.

wild that TKZ survived this one, that's a TKZ quality move that ortega pulled on him!

https://twitter.com/ufc/status/1317637278408298499

PorkChopSandwiches
10-19-2020, 04:18 PM
Korean Zombie got rocked this past weekend

FBD
10-25-2020, 03:21 PM
Well, Khabib beat the shit out of Gaethje and then retired. I'm disappointed, both in Gaethje's absolute lack of scramble, and at Khabib's ducking out on Tony again. That said, Khabib's stand up was pretty impressive, he took it right to him.

Sam Alvey got absolutely robbed with that split decision,
was expecting more from Canonier and frankly Harris too.
Tai Tuavasa with the KO and shoey celebrations afterward. (man that's disgusting, lol) Glad to see the aussie get back in the win column, he's definitely improved his game.
jfc lauren murphy is just insanely ugly, she is the ugliest bitch in ufc hands down. her opponent this weekend really should be fighting at 115, the girl had no strength compared to ugly.

PorkChopSandwiches
10-26-2020, 03:39 PM
That fucking triangle was awesome, ref should have stopped it. He was tapping out long before sleepytime

FBD
10-26-2020, 04:17 PM
That fucking triangle was awesome, ref should have stopped it. He was tapping out long before sleepytime

def, that transition was lightning fast! cant believe ref did not see that tap...

did you catch any of the early matches, that little maverick girl looks pretty good, I love it when they realize they're close enough to throw dem bows. like everyone else in that division though....they all got a LOT of work to do before they can even think about steppin to valentina. I laughed that lauren murphy thinks she's got a chance :haha:

FBD
11-08-2020, 04:47 PM
old men representin last night!

andrei arlovski with a decision win over tanner boser,
and
glover texiera chokes out thiago santos for the #1 lhw spot! (too bad for Texiera, Adesanya is already set to fight Blachowicz)

FBD
11-12-2020, 06:41 PM
What's up with Michael Chandler thinking he deserves a top spot in the UFC lightweight division? He's a Bellator champ and the level of competition there I would have expected him to get a top 10 or a top 7 shot, MAYBE a shot at #5...

....but since Dana was hard up for an on deck replacement for Khabib vs Gaethje and tapped Chandler on the shoulder, now Chandler thinks he's top 3 material without ever having fought in the UFC and basically only wants to fight Tony, Justin, Connor.....turned RDA down because Islam Machachev apparently doesnt know how to keep his ass clean....I already dont like this guy!

FBD
11-15-2020, 03:08 PM
baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam I always love it when someone gets punched right off their feet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iI2Hv8D6iLg

the 21 year olds were great to watch, those girls really went at it (Kay Hansen vs Cory McKenna)
what else do I remember watching, lol

Sean Strickland, if I wasnt a fan after all his shit talking last fight, I'm more of a fan after his tko this fight

Muddy
11-16-2020, 02:36 PM
Any of you guys done any training?

FBD
11-16-2020, 02:48 PM
Any of you guys done any training?

I grew up wrestling and I've trained a handful of martial arts like wing chun, tai chi, bagua, xingyi

Muddy
11-16-2020, 03:51 PM
I did Gymkata for a few weeks.

FBD
11-16-2020, 03:53 PM
:lol:

FBD
12-13-2020, 04:32 PM
Rafael Fiziev, holy shit that guy can throw down

Cub Swanson showing he aint over the hill yet with another KO

Gyril Gane stomping JDS, wow

And Kevin Holland doing same to Souza, damn, nice 5-0 2020

It didnt seem like the old Tony showed up...he was mediocre in round 1 and it was pretty much even but then olivera was able to get a takedown and with 10 seconds left had Tony in a bad arm bar, it was so bad he was barely able to use his left arm in rd 2, and then round 3 was more of the same. At this point, :rip: tony vs khabib, its never happening now. Fuggin bad luck Tony, I tell ya.

Figuredo vs Moreno was an absolute war and it would have been #1 fight of the year ahead of Weili vs Joanna, except rd 5 they were both tired and it was tactical. If not for a super groin shot, Figuredo would have won, but instead it was a majority draw. Usually 1 groin strike doesnt equate to a point taken...and 1 judge gave moreno the 5th? get that bullshit out of there, that's insane. not much happened, but fig clearly had more strikes.

FBD
12-20-2020, 02:33 PM
:lol: Greg Hardy goes from Prince of War on his feet, to absolutely useless as a fish flopping around on the beach once it goes to the ground. Cmon bro that was pathetic.

Jose Aldo still got what it takes, I was glad to see Cheeto lose, he thinks he's better than he is

Deron Winn....its like watching a midget fight when you're watching someone whose like 5'6 fight at light heavyweight. Dudes who only wrestle and just about nothing else are boring to watch, so I dont want to see people like Winn, winning. Fuck off to the wrestling mats.

Anthony Pettis looked good as always, always love watching him fight

Rob Font embarrassed Marlon Moras

Pereria vs Kaos Williams was a really good match, very very close.

Geoff Neal, couldnt lay a hand on Wonderboy

FBD
12-28-2020, 01:56 PM
Wow, Anthony Pettis left the UFC and is going to PFL. Probably a good move for him and he'll make more money, knowing its such a log jam at the top of his division @ufc

FBD
01-17-2021, 03:37 PM
UFC picked a hell of a bout to headline their ABC debut - Max Holloway threw what was it, 639 total strikes, landed 140 in the 4th. Absolute insanity. Kattar has a hell of a chin, and this bout left me VERY interested in seeing Holloway vs Ortega 2 - they've both REALLY upped their game! 50-43, 50-43, 50-42. Gotta say I've never seen a 50-42 scored before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-UugsCGvmA

one of the best funniest parts, in the 5th Max yelling at the commentators saying I'm the BEST, looking straight at them, while ducking punches from Kattar, yells freshman at him

jjjjjjjjeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesus....I just rewatched the 4th round, I cant believe Kattar hung in there for that

:lol: MMA world has the greatest endings to their vids

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rVEIAeY2yM

DemonGeminiX
01-24-2021, 06:12 AM
McGregor lost last night.

lost in melb.
01-24-2021, 06:26 AM
Tko

lost in melb.
01-24-2021, 06:30 AM
Literally impossible to get footage, of course

DemonGeminiX
01-24-2021, 07:01 AM
Literally impossible to get footage, of course

There was a video up on youtube. Just the 4 or 5 minutes of the in-ring intros and the fight. I watched it about an hour ago, but went back to find it just now and it was gone. MMA jumps all over that junk.

lost in melb.
01-24-2021, 12:15 PM
There was a video up on youtube. Just the 4 or 5 minutes of the in-ring intros and the fight. I watched it about an hour ago, but went back to find it just now and it was gone. MMA jumps all over that junk.

Yep, understandably, since that's how they make their money. They must have a full-time team stamping on this s***

FBD
01-24-2021, 03:17 PM
:lol: my buddy was funny last night, he made a hundred on betting up until the mcgregor fight, two were my picks I told him to bet on.....he's about to slam down money on mcgregor and I'm like dude, dont sleep on porier.....so he checks and he's like fuck, if I bet 25 and lose then I'll have to pay like 50 or 60, but if I bet on porier I'll win 65. I said that sounds like a bet you might wanna take, then he jokes with me that he should take his extra 200 and slam it all down on porier.....then he gets all jittery and doesnt bet at all.

he was jumping up and down kicking himself :lol:

Mcgregor came out like gangbusters but Porier kept him at bay - then slowly began dodging and getting shots in, kept pointing at mcgregor.

And then, we discovered Mcgregor's got no chin left :lol:

Speaking of no chin, Hooker joined that club too

Fights we should see now,

Chandler vs Porier
Mcgregor vs.....Ferguson?!

lost in melb.
01-24-2021, 03:25 PM
Oh my God. I don't know how many links I've clicked that say "livestream" and it's a video of people f****** commentating :maniac:

FBD
01-24-2021, 03:48 PM
Oh my God. I don't know how many links I've clicked that say "livestream" and it's a video of people f****** commentating :maniac:

make sure you type full fight in your search ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCC_PJRbv8c

FBD
01-25-2021, 02:04 PM
Fights we should see now,

Chandler vs Porier
Mcgregor vs.....Ferguson?!
Porier vs Oliviera
Chandler vs Gaethje
Connon & Tony

is what should happen next

Teh One Who Knocks
01-25-2021, 02:26 PM
Is McGregor done now? Do you think he'll retire?

FBD
01-25-2021, 03:19 PM
Is McGregor done now? Do you think he'll retire?

Who knows with him, he's retired like 5 times now :lol: But I do think the days of Mcgregor hype are waning, he's had his time and its past.

deebakes
01-25-2021, 03:53 PM
i think he still is a big draw regardless and the answer to all of life's questions: money $

FBD
02-15-2021, 02:39 PM
I hate it when a fighter gets a really good shot in, stuns their opponent, then they go....ok....if I just sit here and watch for a minute, I should be able to get another good shot in

This happened with Usman vs Burns, first round Burns stuns the fuck out of Usman, doesnt go after him, when he halfass does, winds up on his back and Usman is standing....for the next two entire minutes. All I wanted was for Usman to lose :lol: I dont bet on this shit, I just dont like that fookin guy

PorkChopSandwiches
02-15-2021, 05:48 PM
https://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/conor-mcgregor-knocked-out.jpg

FBD
02-15-2021, 07:24 PM
https://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/conor-mcgregor-knocked-out.jpg

sad, sad, sad that Dana White is even thinking about doing Dustin vs Connor 3. who the hell wants to see that, aside from Connor?

/khabib laugh.jpg

PorkChopSandwiches
02-15-2021, 08:20 PM
sad, sad, sad that Dana White is even thinking about doing Dustin vs Connor 3. who the hell wants to see that, aside from Connor?

/khabib laugh.jpg

He wants that money. But, I would watch another match, they are at 1 to 1.

FBD
02-15-2021, 08:54 PM
He wants that money. But, I would watch another match, they are at 1 to 1.

They should just feed Connor to Charles Olivera....I dont see how his performance against Porier in any way shape or form would call for a rematch, and their first meetup was so long ago and in a different weight class, its entirely irrelevant. I see that as newb Connor KO newb Porier, but seasoned Porier so thoroughly put "seasoned" Connor to shame that fuggin Mcgregor should just be hanging his head in shame instead of asking for a rematch. Everyone should be laughing at him asking for a rematch!

but yeah, moneys

FBD
02-21-2021, 12:28 PM
Black Beast adds another KO to his UFC KO record! That was one hell of an uppercut, goodnight Curtis! Biggest main event upset (+350) since Bisping beat Rockhold at ufc199 (+400.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0A2hh1EWtZ4

that Zahabi dude had a great ko also

Ozzy Casey Oneil goes 8-0 for her UFC debut

Tom Aspinall looked really good against Arlovski....+1600 on Aspinall winning via sub, lol

Chris Daukus is a beast, and that dude's a cop, pity da foo that doesnt pull over for him :lol:

FBD
03-07-2021, 05:51 PM
3 champ matches:
In the 4th, looked like Yan was trying to time Sterling getting up, but since 2 seconds before, ref warned Yan that Sterling was downed with 1 knee and 1 hand on the ground...Sterling picks up his hand, but not quite his knee, before eating Yan's knee.

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/91/2021/03/petr-yan-aljamain-sterling-illegal-knee-ufc-259-screengrab.jpg

ref treats this as intentional and dq's yan, gives belt to Sterling even though Sterling was getting his ass absolutely whipped. Sterling won rd 1 on volume, but every time Yan hit him, he went flying 3 feet back. You heard these little taps for Sterling's hits, Yan's were these mad cracks that reverberated around the Apex. Sterling was going to get TKO'd in the 5th, no question. Rematch is not going to go well for Aljo.

this one wasnt even close, as expected :lol: the look on her face after taking that first big shot from Nunes....priceless :lol: (cant find that pic tho)

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2021/03/07/05/40137718-0-image-a-14_1615095863448.jpg

adesanya vs blachowicz was a good, close match. I cant believe the judges only gave adesanya one round, just about everyone had it tied going into the 5th, and its absolute insanity that a 10-8 was handed out. like Dana said in the afterstuff, 10-8s are for ass whoopins....we didnt get any of that here. Blachowicz took Adesanya down halfway through the 4th after Adesanya appeared to be winning that rd, but Izzy couldnt get up from it. In the 5th, Blachowicz was able to do it again and take Izzy down - did enough to keep the ref from standing them up, kept busy enough that the ref never threatened to - but the handful of shots he landed while keeping Adesanya in half guard werent anything deserving of a 10-8.

https://cdn.newsday.com/polopoly_fs/1.50175449.1615099468!/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/display_960/image.jpg

Oh, and Thiago Santos.....is simply not the fighter he once was before his knees were destroyed fighting Jon Jones. Its a pity because without that injury, Santos was going to beat Jones. But now, the way he moves...just not there anymore, neither are his kicks.

Islam Machachev is looking to be pretty much Khabib II....he was calling Tony Ferguson out after the win, saying he's crazy and he wants to help him retire.

Good opportunity for Tony though....he should tell the russians sure I'll fight Islam, and if I win, then Fathead comes to the octagon with me!

FBD
03-21-2021, 12:42 PM
I hate it when I'm irritated that I even bothered watching a fight. Fuck you Brunson, you are boring as fuck to watch and stop talking about your win over Shabazyan because that only happened because you poked the fuck out of his eye and the ref didnt see it. And fuck you too Kevin Holland, you're supposed to act like a professional and actually fight instead of just shit talk Bruson while he's laying on top of you holding you down the whole match.

2/3 of the time you're better off watching the prelims and fuck the main card, at least those people fight like their job is on the line.

FBD
03-28-2021, 12:53 PM
38 is too old to fight, both Stipe and Woodley showed that in spades last night. too bad I wasnt hanging out with my buddy who likes to bet, I would have told him to bet on a Luque submission at 8:1

Absolutely brutal KO by Sean Omalley...he almost KO'd Almeida in the first, and started to walk away from it, Almeida gets back up....this next time in the second, he blasts him down again and Omalley starts to walk away again and when he sees him start to get back up, pounds him one from orbit unconscious. Omalley is great to watch, very very creative.

FBD
04-25-2021, 03:56 PM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA CHRIS WEIDMAN!!!!!! He Anderson Silva'd his leg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And then stepped on it!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was the only one watching when it happened, and they all came running to see just what the hell actually made FBD yell :lol: My buddy got queasy and had to take 5 outside :haha:

Brutal night at the UFC last night, holy shit! Wild main card.

Anthony Smith kicks Jimmy Crute's leg retarded with 1 kick to the point he cant even walk on it for the next 5 minutes, TKO
Weidman's career ends
Valentina put the predicted absolute beating on the little Brazilian boy
Rose lands a beautiful kick to the jaw and shuts the chinaman's lights out
Masvidal sleeps on Usman, gets KTFO'd with a beautiful fake left right blast that reminded me of when Sean O'malley ko'd Eddie Wineland.

Here's weidman ending his career for the sick bastads out there
https://i.4cdn.org/xs/1619319351596.webm

Rose ko's weili
https://i.4cdn.org/pol/1619361806238.webm

deebakes
04-25-2021, 07:37 PM
that was gross :vomit:

Godfather
04-26-2021, 06:06 AM
What, you didn't get a kick out of watching that?

FBD
04-26-2021, 11:27 AM

:lol: I always loves me some good crackin humor!

its much more of a shock when you're watching it live

deebakes
04-26-2021, 02:42 PM

i did :oops:

PorkChopSandwiches
04-26-2021, 04:52 PM
that was gross :vomit:

So nasty

FBD
05-16-2021, 01:00 PM
I'm a huge fan of Tony Ferguson and I hate to say this, but Khabib was right, you dont come back from a beating like Gaethje gave him. Tony aint the same anymore, his effectiveness is half what it used to be, and he should retire and be a coach. He still went the distance and fought through another ridiculously painful sub that would have tapped anyone else (probably because they value their extremities and Tony's crazy and doesnt give af.)

Awesome KO by Edson Barboza last night....I thought Burgos was going to win and then Barboza gave him this 1-2, Burgos goes to like...get back into his stance dance for what seemed like an entire second, then involuntarily backs up and by the 3rd step back he's going down hard.

Not a good night for the old men :lol: Jacare Souza got smacked around a bit and submitted in the first round also.

Andrea Lee put a good beating on Antonina Shevchenko as well.

Main event was pretty good, it ended early....Oliveira looked like he had Chandler, Chandler magically escapes and almost has Oliveira....then Oliviera KOs Chandler in round 2.