PDA

View Full Version : Nation That Revolted Over Three-Pence Tax On Tea Now 'Pretty Cool' With Government Locking Everyone In Their Homes

Teh One Who Knocks
05-28-2020, 11:36 AM
The Babylon Bee

https://i.imgur.com/nDFMGvhl.jpg

U.S.—The nation that once revolted over minor taxes on tea and stamps is now "pretty cool" with state and local governments locking everyone in their homes and robbing them of their livelihood indefinitely.

A new poll has confirmed that the country that threw crates of tea into a harbor because they'd have to pay a little more for their caffeinated beverages is fine with tyrannical states destroying everybody's lives, as long as they have their Netflix and Amazon Prime.

"A lockdown with no end in sight that destroys the economy, robs us of our constitutional rights, and probably doesn't stop the virus at all? Yeah, that's tight," said Bernard Humphrey of Portland, Maine. "Tight, tight, tight."

Most people polled were fine with paying many months of their income to the government every month in exchange for their rights being trampled as well. "Yeah, 30% of my income goes to the government, once you calculate income tax, sales tax, payroll tax, property tax, and a few hundred others," said Mike Bunson of Los Angeles. "Sounds fair."

When asked what it would take to get them to revolt, most people agreed that if something really important were threatened like easy access to their favorite Starbucks beverages, they would be the first to start the revolution.

DemonGeminiX
05-28-2020, 12:53 PM
This actually sounds kinda true, if you listen to some people.

lost in melb.
05-28-2020, 01:45 PM
I honestly don't know how lockdown or any of this became so damn politicized in the US. You are a bunch of retards sometimes (said lovingly) :empathy:

DemonGeminiX
05-28-2020, 02:12 PM
I honestly don't know how lockdown or any of this became so damn politicized in the US. You are a bunch of retards sometimes (said lovingly) :empathy:

Because the country was founded on the principles of individual liberty and freedom. No government is supposed to be able to shut shit down like this, regardless of what's going on.

lost in melb.
05-28-2020, 02:36 PM
Because the country was founded on the principles of individual liberty and freedom. No government is supposed to be able to shut shit down like this, regardless of what's going on.

So it's your constitutions fault :-k

Hikari Kisugi
05-28-2020, 03:05 PM
ohh, don't say such horrible things, the constitution is perfect...… ;)

It is odd, did you not lock down during Spanish flu?
Were rules not introduced during the various world wars?
'Freedom' isn't defined by doing whatever the hell you think, else there would be no rule of law.

DemonGeminiX
05-28-2020, 04:50 PM
So it's your constitutions fault :-k

No, it's the fault of the people who wipe their ass with the Constitution.

ohh, don't say such horrible things, the constitution is perfect...… ;)

Were rules not introduced during the various world wars?
'Freedom' isn't defined by doing whatever the hell you think, else there would be no rule of law.

Actually, we haven't shut shit down like this for anything before 2020. We may have instituted rules, and diverted manufacturing for the war efforts in the past, but nothing was really shut down.

No, the Constitution's not perfect. There's a bunch of things I'd be for changing about it, if a Constitutional convention ever came up again. Stuff some of you more liberal guys would probably cry about, but who cares? It's not your country.

And I almost cussed at you for being a jerk. See, Lost and Perhaps? I'm trying. I'm getting better.

Godfather
05-29-2020, 03:59 AM
And I almost cussed at you for being a jerk. See, Lost and Perhaps? I'm trying. I'm getting better.

I'm not getting involved in this one, but this made me smile :lol:

perrhaps
05-29-2020, 09:12 AM
No, it's the fault of the people who wipe their ass with the Constitution.

Actually, we haven't shut shit down like this for anything before 2020. We may have instituted rules, and diverted manufacturing for the war efforts in the past, but nothing was really shut down.

No, the Constitution's not perfect. There's a bunch of things I'd be for changing about it, if a Constitutional convention ever came up again. Stuff some of you more liberal guys would probably cry about, but who cares? It's not your country.

Would you like me to send you $5.00 to put toward your second semester of Charm School?

RBP
05-29-2020, 10:15 AM
Would you like me to send you $5.00 to put toward your second semester of Charm School?

Don't poke the bear.

RBP
05-29-2020, 10:17 AM

We had a nearly full baseball season. :sad2: The only reason baseball was cut short was the dumb world war.