PDA

View Full Version : Americans have gargled bleach, applied it to their skin, survey shows

lost in melb.
06-07-2020, 02:15 PM
By Brian Niemietz
June 7, 2020 — 12.21pm

New York: A new Centres for Disease Control and Prevention report indicates Americans are putting household disinfectants including bleach into their bodies because they believe such practices can ward off coronavirus despite such "preventive" measures being ineffective and dangerous....

According to the CDC, 4 per cent of those surveyed admitted they'd drank or gargled household agents including bleach. A staggering 18 per cent of participants confessed they'd applied cleaning agents to their skin. Nearly 10 per cent inhaled fumes from potentially toxic household disinfectants.

"COVID-19 prevention messages should continue to emphasise evidence-based, safe practices such as frequent hand hygiene and frequent cleaning and disinfection of high-touch surfaces," the report said.

https://amp.smh.com.au/world/north-america/americans-have-gargled-bleach-applied-it-to-their-skin-survey-shows-20200607-p5509a.html

lost in melb.
06-07-2020, 02:17 PM
I have a seesaw in my head. 4-18% of Americans vs. President Trump :-k

lost in melb.
06-07-2020, 02:24 PM
The more stupid the people are, the more critical it is their leader is not.

:shhh:

Griffin
06-07-2020, 02:24 PM
I prefer using Wild Turkey 101 myself. [-(

lost in melb.
06-07-2020, 02:28 PM
I prefer using Wild Turkey 101 myself. [-(

When in New York, do as New Yorkers do :hand:

Griffin
06-07-2020, 02:35 PM
I stay away from the liberal wastelands. :bye:

DemonGeminiX
06-07-2020, 02:53 PM
By Brian Niemietz
June 7, 2020 — 12.21pm

New York: A new Centres for Disease Control and Prevention report indicates Americans are putting household disinfectants including bleach into their bodies because they believe such practices can ward off coronavirus despite such "preventive" measures being ineffective and dangerous....

According to the CDC, 4 per cent of those surveyed admitted they'd drank or gargled household agents including bleach. A staggering 18 per cent of participants confessed they'd applied cleaning agents to their skin. Nearly 10 per cent inhaled fumes from potentially toxic household disinfectants.

"COVID-19 prevention messages should continue to emphasise evidence-based, safe practices such as frequent hand hygiene and frequent cleaning and disinfection of high-touch surfaces," the report said.

https://amp.smh.com.au/world/north-america/americans-have-gargled-bleach-applied-it-to-their-skin-survey-shows-20200607-p5509a.html

I knew a girl who did drugs pretty regularly that ingested some bleach in an effort to pass a drug test for work. It didn't work.