PDA

View Full Version : America's Failed Social Experiment: Are You On Team Red or Team Blue?

DemonGeminiX
06-08-2020, 03:14 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRPo_cNfOM8

lost in melb.
06-09-2020, 12:31 AM
Nah, partisan hogwash. It's not that simple.. there most definitely are structures in place that keep you in your place

lost in melb.
06-09-2020, 12:38 AM
Oh my God, I got up to about 6 minutes and I literally wanted to puke.... Yeah it's all because of those hopeless, hungry masses pulling you down that the Reaganomics experiment hasn't succeeded huh? :lol:

DemonGeminiX
06-09-2020, 09:46 AM
Nah, partisan hogwash. It's not that simple.. there most definitely are structures in place that keep you in your place

Keep believing that.

lost in melb.
06-09-2020, 10:28 AM
Keep believing that.

We do and Aus doing well with its (relatively) compassionate social, health and ed systems...

lost in melb.
06-09-2020, 10:39 AM
Watched the rest of it to indulge you. Wonder if you'd give the blue team 13 minutes of your time ;)

He makes some points, but I maintain that the system is not so black and white. Many people need looking after, sad but true.

Also, I'm on the red team - but know that most won't make it.

DemonGeminiX
06-09-2020, 04:17 PM
We do and Aus doing well with its (relatively) compassionate social, health and ed systems...

Population Australia: 25-26 million
Population USA: 328 million

There's this thing called economies of scale. You should learn what that is.

You are bordered by no one. We are bordered by Canada and Mexico and a lot of people from those countries and many other countries that don't border us are coming to our country for our superior medical expertise (don't even try to argue that point). We have to deal with the medical care of illegal immigrants, who don't pay one single penny for the care they receive in our country. Guess who pays for it? We the taxpayers. Can you say that about your country? No.

The same thing goes for our social and educational systems.

We take in god knows how many refugees every year that uses all of the systems we have in place on our dime as well.

So don't sit there and be all arrogantly smug about your systems since your country would completely fall apart under the weight of our demand.

You've got a lot of open spaces in your country. Come back and talk to me when your population is at least half of ours and your generosity starts taking people from other countries and y'all have to pay for the care of those people as well.

Muddy
06-09-2020, 05:34 PM
Population Australia: 25-26 million
Population USA: 328 million

There's this thing called economies of scale. You should learn what that is.

You are bordered by no one. We are bordered by Canada and Mexico and a lot of people from those countries and many other countries that don't border us are coming to our country for our superior medical expertise (don't even try to argue that point). We have to deal with the medical care of illegal immigrants, who don't pay one single penny for the care they receive in our country. Guess who pays for it? We the taxpayers. Can you say that about your country? No.

The same thing goes for our social and educational systems.

We take in god knows how many refugees every year that uses all of the systems we have in place on our dime as well.

So don't sit there and be all arrogantly smug about your systems since your country would completely fall apart under the weight of our demand.

You've got a lot of open spaces in your country. Come back and talk to me when your population is at least half of ours and your generosity starts taking people from other countries and y'all have to pay for the care of those people as well.

https://i.imgur.com/CDnCtS2.gif

lost in melb.
06-10-2020, 12:16 AM
Ok, I take your points. But economy of scale works both ways..

I am not 'sitting smugly' fyi :roll:

My further point is this is kind of divisive like you're either one or the other. Nonsense imo