PDA

View Full Version : Trump blasts ‘radical left’ Dems in Seattle, says ‘domestic terrorists’ take hold of city

Teh One Who Knocks
06-11-2020, 10:06 AM
By Edmund DeMarche | Fox News

https://i.imgur.com/ko3FXWyl.jpg

President Trump tweeted late Wednesday that “domestic terrorists” have taken over an area in Seattle amid George Floyd protests and blamed the city’s “radical left Democrats” for contributing to the unrest.

"Radical Left Governor @JayInslee and the Mayor of Seattle are being taunted and played at a level that our great Country has never seen before," Trump tweeted. "Take back your city NOW. If you don’t do it, I will. This is not a game. These ugly Anarchists must be stooped (sic) IMMEDIATELY. MOVE FAST!"

His tweet did not go unanswered. Mayor Jenny Durkan, a Democrat, took a swipe at Trump, and responded, "Make us all safe. Go back to your bunker. #BlackLivesMatter."

Attorney General William Barr told Fox News that on May 29, the unrest was tense near the White House and "the Secret Service recommended the president go down to the bunker. We can’t have that in our country.”

Gov. Jay Inslee also fired back at Trump on Twitter, posting, "A man who is totally incapable of governing should stay out of Washington state’s business. “Stoop” tweeting."

Hundreds of protesters stormed Seattle's City Hall Tuesday night to demand Durkan's resignation, just days after seizing a six-block downtown zone that includes a shuttered police precinct. Demonstrators remained peaceful, without reports of violence or injuries, but are pushing Durkan to step down if she refuses to defund the city's police department.

https://i.imgur.com/QdcQuH6l.jpg

The city just suffered a weekend of unrest, where officers used tear gas and pepper spray to disperse demonstrators in the area after they say they were assaulted with projectiles. Several city councilmembers say police overreacted and needlessly exacerbated tensions.

The Seattle Times reported Wednesday that the area in the Capitol Hill section of the city has been called CHAZ and it is “free of uniformed police.” The paper reported that the nearby police precinct that was shuttered during the protests had a new sign on Tuesday that read, “THIS SPACE IS NOW PROPERTY OF THE SEATTLE PEOPLE.”

House Judiciary Committee member Matt Gaetz, R-Fla., told "Hannity" Wednesday that "Antifa has now designated Seattle their capital" after the protesters declared a six-block neighborhood around the precinct a "Cop Free Zone."

Assistant Chief Deanna Nollette said barriers were removed from the front of the precinct after it became a flashpoint between officers and protesters. Police also have remained scarce in that area and in the several nights since, protests have continued peacefully.

Nollette said police want to discuss reopening the precinct and noted officers are responding to 911 calls in the area, the report said. She said protesters have set up their own barricades, which are intimidating to some residents.

“We are dedicated to working with peaceful protesters on a way to move forward,” Nollette said. “There’s a whole citywide effort to try to identify who the leaders are. It’s just a matter of establishing a dialogue so we can take down the plywood and welcome people back into the lobby.”

This is not the first time that Trump has called out state and city leadership in dealing with protests.

Last month, while looting and arson raged in Minneapolis, Trump tweeted, “I can’t stand back & watch this happen to a great American City, Minneapolis,” Trump tweeted. “A total lack of leadership. Either the very weak Radical Left Mayor, Jacob Frey, get his act together and bring the City under control, or I will send in the National Guard & get the job done right."

Trump appears intent on positioning himself as the law-and-order candidate in 2020. There is a push among some Democrats to defund police which has put Joe Biden in a tough position of trying to bring together the moderates of the party and liberals about the best approach on policing.
Biden was interviewed by Trevor Noah, the host of “The Daily Show,” and was asked, “If you were to become president, do you think that there would be a world where defunding the police would be a solution?”

“Well I think there are a lot of changes they can take place, period, without having to defund the police completely,” Biden said. He continued, “I don’t think the police should be defunded. But I think that conditions should be placed upon them where departments are having to take significant reforms."

Teh One Who Knocks
06-11-2020, 11:20 AM
By Ryan Saavedra - The Daily Wire

https://i.imgur.com/XiK8hN9l.jpg

Washington Democrat Governor Jay Inslee claimed on Wednesday that he has “not heard anything about” extremists declaring an autonomous zone in his state’s largest city, despite widely shared images and photos that circulated on social media and a decent amount of media coverage.

Inslee was asked during a press conference, “Governor, I’d like to ask you about what’s going on Seattle, there’s this thing called the capital autonomous zone, what’s your thought about the fact that the protesters have taken that over and are not allowing people to come and go freely?

“Well that’s news to me,” Inslee claimed. “So, I’ll have to reserve any comment about it. I have not, I have not heard anything about that from any credible source, not that you’re not credible, it’s just like before I espouse an opinion, I should know of which I speak.”

WATCH:
What is going on in Seattle is real, despite Inslee’s claim that he has not heard anything about it.

President Donald Trump weighed in on the matter late on Wednesday evening, writing on Twitter: “Domestic Terrorists have taken over Seattle, run by Radical Left Democrats, of course. LAW & ORDER!”
The state’s top newspaper, The Seattle Times, reported earlier in the day:

Welcome to the CHAZ, the newly named Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone, where most everything was free Tuesday.

A new protest society — centered on a handful of blocks in Seattle’s quirky, lefty Capitol Hill — has been born from the movement to push the Seattle Police Department out of its East Precinct building.

On Tuesday, demonstrators hung a banner on the police station: “THIS SPACE IS NOW PROPERTY OF THE SEATTLE PEOPLE.” Teenagers passed a bottle on the exit ramp for police vehicles. A young man carried a long rifle down the sidewalk, despite the mayor’s ban on weapons in Capitol Hill, which has not been clearly enforced.

Christopher F. Rufo, Filmmaker and Director of Discovery Institute’s Center on Wealth & Poverty, wrote in the City Journal that the “hard-Left” was behind the latest events in Seattle:

For the past week, Black Lives Matter and Antifa-affiliated activists have engaged in a pitched battle with Seattle police officers and National Guard soldiers in the neighborhood, with the heaviest conflict occurring at the intersection of 11th and Pike, where law enforcement had constructed a barricade to defend the Seattle Police East Precinct building. Hoping to break through the barricade, protesters attacked officers with bricks, bottles, rocks, and improvised explosive devices, sending some officers to the hospital. At the same time, activists circulated videos of the conflict and accused the police of brutality, demanding that the city cease using teargas and other anti-riot techniques.

The rioters later declared a “cop free zone” in the area after “police boarded up and seemingly abandoned their East Precinct building Monday night,” Fox News reported.

Seattle-based conservative radio host Jason Rantz responded to Inslee’s remarks on Wednesday by writing on Twitter: “Wow. @GovInslee said he had no clue about the #SeattleAutonomousZone. Antifa, anarchists and community activist took an entire 6-block radius of his biggest city, have roaming armed guards doing ID checks, and Inslee has no clue. WHAT ARE YOU DOING, INSLEE?!”

Teh One Who Knocks
06-11-2020, 11:49 AM
VARUN HUKERI, REPORTER - The Daily Caller

https://i.imgur.com/0Ts2GzGl.jpg

An activist who claimed to have helped establish the self-declared Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone (CHAZ), a six-block area in downtown Seattle, took to Twitter to complain about the community’s food being stolen.
The 18-year-old activist appears to be a transgender woman and a self-described “lesbian anarchist,” according to her now-private Twitter account. The activist tweeted Wednesday that CHAZ had invited homeless people into the zone, who promptly stole all of their food.

The activist pleaded on Twitter for people to bring an assortment of foods, including vegan meat substitutes and soy products, stating that they would “need more food to keep the area operational.”
CHAZ, which is described as a “police no go zone,” is the latest development after two weeks of protests and riots nationwide in response to George Floyd’s death in Minneapolis. Protests in Seattle turned violent over the weekend as rioters threw glass bottles and rocks at police, who responded with tear gas and pepper spray, according to Fox News.

Seattle Police Department’s East Precinct building was boarded up and surrounded by masked protestors Monday night, and CHAZ was established around the building after the police abandoned the building. Protestors set up campsites and shelters in the area and are currently using it as a base of operations for protest groups, according to a pro-activist blog.
Hundreds of protesters, with the help of a sympathetic City Council member, entered Seattle’s City Hall Tuesday night demanding that Mayor Jenny Durkin resign if she did not defund the city’s police department, Fox News reported.

Seattle Police Chief Carmen Best met with protestors Tuesday and said that law enforcement was committed to creating a dialogue with the protestors camping out at CHAZ. During a conversation with a protestor, Best added that the path forward is to focus on “how we can keep people safe, first of all, but also how we might find some resolution.”
It is currently unclear what CHAZ and the protest group in support of the zone will do in the future. Currently, the area does not have a police presence and protestors have set up street vendors, a makeshift movie theater in the middle of an intersection, and even a designated smoking section.

lost in melb.
06-11-2020, 11:55 AM
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQF6UEbqkcIlNWo23veoKUasI30kzo OdU5CjsgPsVS9QS6PK8hH&usqp=CAU

DemonGeminiX
06-11-2020, 04:16 PM
:hand:

Seattle's not relevant anymore. All of their awesome vocalists have died. Let it burn.

Teh One Who Knocks
06-11-2020, 04:17 PM
I love that they invited the homeless into their police-free "utopia" and that they promptly stole all their food :rofl:

RBP
06-12-2020, 03:45 AM
The Seattle Mayor called it "Summer of Love". She's insane. Clearly.

DemonGeminiX
06-12-2020, 06:03 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q6Jp4CX_kw

Teh One Who Knocks
06-12-2020, 10:53 AM
By David Aaro | Fox News

https://i.imgur.com/mBAiYk5.png

The leadership in Seattle appeared to be in disarray on Friday after the city's embattled mayor called the protesters who took over an "autonomous zone" in the city "patriotic" while the official who ordered police to flee the nearby precinct has refused to come forward.

Despite the slow-moving disaster and protesters calling on Mayor Jenny Durkan and Chief Carmen Best to resign, the mayor resisted the call and raised eyebrows when she joked about considering a "Thelma & Louise" moment in an interview, referring to the 1991 movie about two women on the run from the law.

At Thursday's news conference, Best told reporters it wasn't her decision to leave the precinct, while Durkan also denied responsibility, according to The Stranger, a Seattle-based newspaper.

"We were asked to do an operational plan in case we needed to leave," Best said. "The decision was made. We're still evaluating about how that change came about but it didn't come from me."

Despite the fact that police cannot gain full access to the police station, Durkan tried to downplay the situation on the ground. She claimed that Trump was wrong to call the protesters "domestic terrorists."

“It’s simply not true. Lawfully gathering and expressing first amendment rights, demanding we do better as a society, and providing true equity for communities of color is not terrorism. It’s patriotism,” she said.

Durkan has tweeted that the protest is "a peaceful expression of our community's collective grief and their desire to build a better world."

KIRO 7 reported, citing police, that demonstrators moved barricades near the police station and threw rocks and “improvised explosives” at officers on several occasions. Best reportedly said that 25 cops were injured since the protests began.

“You fought for days to protect (The East Precinct). I asked you to stand on that line. Day in and day out, to be pelted with projectiles, to be screamed at, threatened and in some cases hurt. Then to have a change of course nearly two weeks in, it seems like an insult to you and our community,” Best said in a video, according to the station.

On Thursday, the crowd continued to occupy the six-block downtown area, named the “Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone” (CHAZ) because of its location in the city's Capitol Hill neighborhood.

A few police officers re-entered the so-called “cop-free zone” on the way to the boarded-up, abandoned East Precinct building.

“Tensions are high in the CHAZ after some officers came in to enter the East Precinct,” Town Hall journalist Julio Rosas tweeted Thursday, along with a two-minute video of the encounter. “Some in the crowd wanted to make sure nothing happened to the officers. Others wanted to prevent the officers from entering the zone.”

An officer can be overheard in the video telling a protester that “our 911 response time has tripled from what it was before we had officers not working out of this precinct.”

President Trump told Fox News' Harris Faulkner in an exclusive interview Thursday that his administration is "not going to let Seattle be occupied by anarchists."

"If there were more toughness, you wouldn't have the kind of devastation that you had in Minneapolis and in Seattle. I mean, let's see what's going on in Seattle," Trump told Faulkner. "I will tell you, if they don't straighten that situation out, we're going to straighten it out."

Durkan has insisted that CHAZ was "not a lawless wasteland of anarchist insurrection," but a peaceful expression of the community's grief following the death of George Floyd in police custody on May 25 in Minneapolis.

Teh One Who Knocks
06-12-2020, 01:09 PM
By Vandana Rambaran | Fox News

https://i.imgur.com/iddN2V4l.png

Law enforcement officials are urging the Seattle Police Department to retake control of the East Precinct after hundreds of demonstrators overtook Monday the six-block area that surrounds it.

Officers effectively abandoned the area during violent clashes with demonstrators calling to defund the police.

Demonstrators have since set up occupancy in that section of downtown Seattle and have renamed it “Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone” (CHAZ).

“It can’t continue like that,” Jim Fuda, a law enforcement expert and the director of law enforcement services for Crime Stoppers –* which works with SPD –* told Komo news.

“Some action is going to have to be taken. Is there federal laws broken? Does the FBI need to come in? But at some point, arrests and these people are going to have to be removed, if they don’t move.”

https://i.imgur.com/mrfs4vH.png

Photos of the area show protesters have remained peaceful –* pitching tents, painting, watching outdoor movies and holding gatherings with music and speeches –* but police have also said they have received numerous complaints about armed guards surrounding the perimeter and asking residents who live in the area to show ID.

Police have also alluded to the potential extortion of local businesses and citizens.

Despite concessions by the city, including a 30-day ban by Mayor Jenny Durkan on officers deploying tear gas to disperse large crowds, as well as police officers shuttering the Third Precinct and retreating from the area, protesters have not shown signs of allowing police back in.

https://i.imgur.com/YBL433n.png

“Where are the rest of the citizens and their need for service?” Fuda said, pointing to the fact that police have limited their activity completely and are only responding to 911 calls.

The SPD is working on a strategy to negotiate with protesters but has been unable to identify the leaders of the group.

Michael Solan, president of the Seattle Police Officers Guild, told Fox News' Laura Ingraham on Wednesday that the occupy-style demonstrations have gone too far and "is absolutely unreasonable activism."

"We lost a precinct, now, what’s next? Are we going to lose another precinct? The city council has removed our ability to have less lethal ammunition for us to properly protect those facilities and protect ourselves,” Solan said.

Teh One Who Knocks
06-12-2020, 01:09 PM
https://i.imgur.com/mrfs4vH.png

Wait....wait...I thought they hated the cops and the military. But they have armed guards at the entrance to their utopia? :confused:

lost in melb.
06-12-2020, 01:27 PM
Well I'm not surprised since the police have been behaving like brutal thugs. I say leave them alone for a while

Muddy
06-12-2020, 01:55 PM
Yeah, so this has become an armed militia.

Teh One Who Knocks
06-12-2020, 01:57 PM
Yeah, so this has become an armed militia.

Funny how the left flipped out when it was the conservatives protesting (actually) peacefully carrying guns and it was the end of the world. But this is okay, armed militia people taking control of an entire section of a major city.

lost in melb.
06-12-2020, 02:33 PM
I'm surprised they got hold of a gun. Must have borrowed one from a right-wing mate :lol:

Griffin
06-12-2020, 02:38 PM
Plenty of rooftops around. That guy looks to be in prime position for a clean head shot.

Teh One Who Knocks
06-12-2020, 02:49 PM
Plenty of rooftops around. That guy looks to be in prime position for a clean head shot.

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and ...

Griffin
06-12-2020, 02:55 PM
The constitution is dead and being buried a handful of dirt at a time by the democrats.

Teh One Who Knocks
06-12-2020, 10:05 PM
By Vandana Rambaran | Fox News

https://i.imgur.com/nYO3MYl.png

A Seattle councilwoman has positioned herself at the forefront of the movement to permanently oust city police officials from the downtown area that thas now been designated the "Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone" (CHAZ).

As law enforcement officials struggle to identify the leaders of the movement who are calling to defund the police, and broker negotiations with them to allow officers to return to the now boarded-shut East Precinct, Kshama Sawant, on Thursday, urged protesters to hold strong to the six-block region they've designated a "no cop" zone.

Sawant has said she will introduce legislation to convert the precinct into "a community center for restorative justice."

"The process for deciding East Precinct conversion must include those involved in CHAZ, black community organizations, restorative justice, faith, anti-racist, renter orgns, land trusts, groups, labor unions that have a proven record of fighting racism," Sawant wrote in a post on Twitter.
"Our movement needs to urgently ensure East Precinct is not handed back to police but is turned over permanently into community control," she wrote.

A possible leader behind the movement, Sawant has actively participated in demonstrations calling to defund the police and allowed over a thousand demonstrators into City Hall earlier this week in a late-night protest calling for Mayor Jenny Durkan to resign.

Protesters have sparred with police for weeks following the death of George Floyd in Minneapolis while he was in police custody. Demonstrations turned violent, with several shootings occurring-- one after a protester rammed his vehicle into a crowd and shot a bystander. Police, too, used tear gas and pepper spray to disperse the crowd, further agitating demands for cops to flee the area.

Earlier this week, East Precinct officers were told to abandon the area, in an effort to deescalate tensions between police and protesters. Since then, officers have faced off with protesters inside CHAZ who have used barricades and verbal protests to keep police out.

President Trump has repeatedly slammed Democratic lawmakers in Seattle, including Durkan and Gov. Jay Inslee, demanding that they "end this Seattle takeover now!"

Durkan, on Thursday, said Trump's input is unwanted, and said she will continue to work towards a peaceful solution between city officials and protesters.

Teh One Who Knocks
06-14-2020, 04:35 PM
By Danielle Wallace | Fox News

https://i.imgur.com/zgu1J0Ul.jpg

Is it CHAZ or CHOP?

In the six blocks seized by Seattle protesters, there was plenty of confusion this weekend as some seek to change the name of the self-proclaimed Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone to Capitol Hill Organized (or Occupied) Protest.

“This is not an autonomous zone. We are not trying to secede from the United States,” one protester, Maurice Cola, said Saturday afternoon in a video interview circulating on Twitter.

Some sidewalks showed chalk lettering featuring the new CHOP branding.

A group of people entered the perimeter Saturday carrying large American flags. A melee broke out and some protesters occupying the zone tried to rip the flags from their hands.

It was not clear what group those carrying the flags were affiliated with, but some in the crowd accused them of being white supremacists or members of the Proud Boys, a far-right neo-fascist organization.
On Friday, one video showed a protester – clad in a blue helmet and covering his face – climbing up to attempt to remove a sign that read “Welcome to the Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone,” which hung over Pine Street.

The video, posted by journalist Julio Rosas, showed the crowd below him shouting and arguing before the man eventually came down, leaving the sign intact.

“It appears the CHAZ street sign is staying for now as the man climbed off the ladder and a struggle broke out over control of the ladder. A woman asks, “Is anyone in charge?” Rosas tweeted.
[TWEET]1271694050471493633
Seattle police have asked the public for help identifying an arson suspect seen on video early Friday morning pouring liquid onto the exterior of the abandoned East Police Precinct before setting it on fire. People nearby can be heard shouting for water. They rushed to put out the flames before it spread to the rest of the building or nearby tents.
Seattle Mayor Jenny Durkan visited the CHAZ/CHOP on Friday to meet Marcus Henderson, "the person behind the new community garden popping up in Cal Anderson Park."
Durkan, who’s clashed with President Trump in recent days, joined the Black Lives Matter silent march Friday “to abolish the school-to-prison pipeline, end biased policing, and undo centuries of systemic racism in our country.”
“The march may be silent, but the message is loud and clear: #blacklivesmatter,” she wrote.

That same day, Trump tweeted: “Seattle Mayor says, about the anarchists takeover of her city, 'it is a Summer of Love'. These Liberal Dems don’t have a clue. The terrorists burn and pillage our cities, and they think it is just wonderful, even the death. Must end this Seattle takeover now!”
In what has been editorialized as a strained press conference Friday, the mayor and Police Chief Carmen Best attempted to put on a united front. But on Thursday, Best said the choice to abandon the East Precinct, which falls in the CHAZ/CHOP area, “was not my decision.”

“You fought for days to protect it,” Best said in a video address to Seattle police officers posted on YouTube Thursday. “I asked you to stand on that line. Day in and day out, to be pelted with projectiles, to be screamed at, threatened, and in some cases hurt. Then to have a change of course nearly two weeks in, it seems like an insult to you and our community.”

“Although it might not seem true at this moment, your community cares about you,” Best said.

“Ultimately, the city had other plans for the building and relented to severe public pressure. I’m angry about how this all came about,” she continued. “We had solid information to believe that anti-government groups would destroy the precinct once we left through vandalism or arson.”

Best said the Seattle Fire Department was there to protect the precinct and the entire block from a real risk of a major fire.

Pony
06-14-2020, 10:25 PM
A War Just Broke Out In CHAZ Over Who Gets To Hold The Conch Shell
Babylon Bee

SEATTLE, WA--Well, this can't be good: infighting has begun to break out in Seattle's utopian paradise of free stuff and community gardening and love and peace as CHAZ leaders can't agree on who gets to hold the conch shell.

One warlord had suggested passing around a conch shell to determine who would be the leader of the group. The other warlords all agreed. This uneasy truce only lasted for about 12 seconds, however, as they began to bicker over who got to hold the conch shell first. One of the warlords was wearing glasses and suggested they attempt to create fire. The other warlords called him a nerd, though, and broke his glasses.

A rumor broke out that there was a monster in the park, though it turned out just to be a crazy homeless guy. "Maybe there is a beast… maybe it's only us," said warlord Raz Simone.

The most savage of the vegan warlords put a cabbage head on a spike in a bizarre ritual, warning the other groups that he was not to be messed with. A police officer arrived to rescue everybody just as they were about to murder each other and lectured them on being good boys and girls before loading them into his armored vehicle and taking them away from the strange foreign land.

Teh One Who Knocks
06-15-2020, 10:58 AM
By Paul Bois - The Daily Wire

https://i.imgur.com/IzqiYOwl.jpg

So how is Seattle’s Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone (The CHAZ) holding up after a week of total anarchy? According to the latest viral footage, the place has become a dilapidated wasteland where the anti-police graffiti reigns supreme along the sidewalks and buildings.

The footage, released on Sunday, reveals a section of The CHAZ overrun with anti-police graffiti. ACAB (All Cops Are Bad), Abolish SPD, Police Domestic Terrorist, Kill Cops, and F**k Racist Police all make an appearance alongside several Anarchy symbols and dead pig drawings. A floppy penis was also graffitied onto a window.

Take a look:
Since the anarchists commandeered six city blocks in Seattle last week, including a police precinct, local authorities have been entirely hands-off with the group, leaving them to freely roam without contest. Mayor Jenny Durkan has gone so far to describe the scene as a “block party” with the potential to become 2020’s “Summer of Love.”

“We’ve got four blocks in Seattle that you just saw pictures of that is more like a block party atmosphere,” she told CNN last Thursday. “It’s not an armed takeover. It’s not a military junta. We will make sure that we can restore this. But we have block parties and the like in this part of Seattle all the time. It’s known for that.”

When CNN’s Chris Cuomo asked how long it may take before The CHAZ finally disperses, Durkan simply said, “I don’t know. We could have the summer of love.”

President Trump roundly mocked Durkan for this level of ignorance in the face anarchy that is now destroying public and private property.

“Seattle Mayor says, about the anarchists takeover of her city, ‘it is a Summer of Love'” he tweeted. “These Liberal Dems don’t have a clue. The terrorists burn and pillage our cities, and they think it is just wonderful, even the death. Must end this Seattle takeover now!”

President Trump has warned Mayor Durkan and Governor Jay Inslee (D) that he will intervene if they fail to take action against The CHAZ.

“Radical Left Governor [Inslee] and the Mayor of Seattle are being taunted and played at a level that our great Country has never seen before. Take back your city NOW. If you don’t do it, I will. This is not a game. These ugly Anarchists must be stooped IMMEDIATELY. MOVE FAST!” the president tweeted on Thursday.

“Domestic Terrorists have taken over Seattle, run by Radical Left Democrats, of course. LAW & ORDER!” he later added.

Writing at The Hill, Jonathan Turley argued that Durkan has essentially abdicated her responsibility.

“The government seems to have melted away, not just in Chaz but all of Seattle,” wrote Turley. “The support from Durkan for their ‘desire to build a better world’ ignores that she was elected to govern the entire city of Seattle. Withdrawing the police and giving in to mob control of even one small area is antithetical to the most basic concepts of governance. Indeed, unwilling citizens of Chaz could sue over that decision to surrender control of their precinct. The city could also be sued for damages caused by abandonment.”

Griffin
06-15-2020, 11:29 AM
I hope when they all get hungry and return home they find that their parents have changed the locks.

Or better yet moved without leaving a forward address.

Teh One Who Knocks
06-16-2020, 05:36 PM
By Emily Zanotti - The Daily Wire

https://i.imgur.com/s3i5j6Tl.jpg

Amid concerns that federal officials could storm an “autonomous zone” that had declared itself a separate nation from the United States, residents of Seattle, Washington’s “Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone” or “CHAZ” have changed their installation’s name to “CHOP” — the “Capitol Hill Organized Protest.”

“CHAZ” was also facing concerns that it was not fully “autonomous” as its name suggested after reporters documented the “independent” “demonstration” receiving pizza and food deliveries, calling the Seattle Fire Department to report a nearby dumpster on fire, calling Seattle Emergency Services for assistance in several medical emergencies, and having dirt, compost and plants trucked in for their “community garden.”

Organizers, though, indicated their primary concern was an invasion by what would be “foreign” police forces, according to the South Seattle Emerald, and further worries that their list of demands, which included changes to Seattle community services, would fall on deaf ears if they were, in fact, their own country inside Seattle.

“Roughly 10 to 15 informal leaders of the protest in Capitol Hill, including one protestor named Maurice Cola, met on June 13 to create a new name for the area: Capitol Hill Organized Protest or CHOP,” the local outlet reported over the weekend.

One organizer was concerned that “naming the space ‘CHAZ’ implies it is no longer a part of the U.S. That’s problematic, Cola argued, as he fears those in government may defend the use of greater force to remove protestors by calling them occupiers or Antifa.”

The group issued a list of demands last week that includes reparations for people of color from Seattle city coffers, as well as a free college education from Washington state universities, rent control, free health care from Seattle city services, and a full defunding and dismantling of the Seattle police force — demands that can only be made on Seattle by Seattle city residents.

“At the end of the day it can’t be an autonomous zone if we’re still demanding things from the government because that would mean we’re seceding from their establishment entirely,” the organizer told the Emerald. “None of us have denounced our American citizenship and we demand that they pay the fee.”

If they are no longer citizens of the United States, residents also don’t qualify for government social services, like welfare, food stamps, and unemployment, making it difficult to maintain a full-time presence in the Seattle “CHOP” zone.

Over the weekend and late last week, as Seattle’s so-called CHOP filled with protesters, journalists also noticed that the declared “autonomous zone” was autonomous in name only. The CHOP received several pizza deliveries and provided residents with free vegetables trucked in from outside the zone, as well as cans of Rockstar energy drink, soda, and orange juice.
On Friday, the CHOP established its own community garden using cardboard and scavenged dirt, but after their few meager plants wilted in heat the operation expanded considerably, and an outsider called in drops of what appeared to be potting soil, compost, and professionally grown vegetable starters.
They’ve also been taking advantage of Seattle’s city services, calling Seattle’s Fire Department to report a dumpster fire late last week and to attend to several residents who experienced medical emergencies over the weekend.

The residents who were not on the naming council seem fine with the change, gathering Sunday night to compare their demonstration to the start of the French Revolution.
That strategy did not work out well for the organizers of the French Revolution.

Griffin
06-16-2020, 05:53 PM
This is just embarrassing now... They could at least get some Seattle grunge bands to give concerts.

RBP
06-17-2020, 04:03 AM
Run along now children, the adults have work to do. Chop Chop.

lost in melb.
06-17-2020, 07:18 AM
Chop Chop.

:triggered:

Teh One Who Knocks
06-17-2020, 09:55 AM
Run along now children, the adults have work to do. Chop Chop.

https://i.imgur.com/Sc3QAE9.gif

Griffin
06-17-2020, 11:02 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HBGQAHnGNo

The sarcasm... :lol:

Griffin
06-17-2020, 11:28 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyRpO0uPTCs

RBP
06-20-2020, 03:17 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-lLoU2owi4

Griffin