PDA

View Full Version : Thugs batter police in 'sickening' attack on London street – as people pose for selfies

Teh One Who Knocks
06-11-2020, 10:36 AM
By Simon Green, Video News Editor - The Daily Star

https://i.imgur.com/dx02tXG.jpg

Footage of two police officers being attacked in broad daylight has sparked widespread condemnation, with Home Secretary Priti Patel labelling it “sickening, shocking and disgraceful”.

The disturbing video was taken in Hackney, east London, yesterday. Police had stopped to help an apparent assault victim when they were set upon themselves, a Scotland Yard spokesperson said.

In the clip, one officer can be seen holding a man in a chokehold on the ground.

He starts struggling with the man as two people rush to the scene – only for them to take out their phones and start filming.

Another person then arrives brandishing a baseball bat but does not appear to use it.

Suddenly, a man in a grey tracksuit rushes in before another in blue tracksuit bottoms and a Puma sweatshirt appears to land a kick on the officer's head.

Another, dressed in black with a fur-lined coat, also seems to kick the officer.

A policewoman comes to his aid and screams at the mob to “get back” before shoving one of the men away and the pair start jostling.

As the scenes unfold, people continue to film and one man even takes a selfie.

https://i.imgur.com/o9glyLz.jpg

Two men, aged 20 and 38, were arrested on suspicion of assaulting a police officer following the incident, which left both officers with minor injuries but not needing hospital treatment, a Scotland Yard spokesman confirmed.

The video has gone viral after being shared online.

Home Secretary Priti Patel led the wave of anger over the incident, tweeting: “Sickening, shocking and disgraceful.

Mayor of London Sadiq Khan also condemned the “disgraceful attack on two Metropolitan Police officers”.

https://i.imgur.com/Xyxwd5J.jpg

"These brave officers were doing their duty and assisting the public,” he said. "We owe them a debt of gratitude and I wish them a full and speedy recovery.”

A spokesperson for the Metropolitan Police said in a statement: "At approximately 15:30hrs on Wednesday, 10 June, officers on patrol in the Frampton Park Road area of Hackney were flagged down by a member of the public.

"They informed officers that they had just been assaulted and directed the officers towards the alleged suspect.

"As an officer attempted to speak with those involved, one of the men resisted and a struggle ensued.

"A number of other people became involved whilst the officer was on the ground"

"Two officers – a male and female police constable – were injured; they suffered minor injuries but did not require hospital treatment.

"Additional officers attended the scene and two men – aged 20 [A] and 38 [B] – were subsequently arrested on suspicion of assault on police. They were taken to an east London police station where they remain in custody."

The Metropolitan Police Federation, which represents rank-and-file officers, said attacks on officers seem to be increasing.

"Yet again this starkly shows the dangers Met Police face and the bravery they show each and every day keeping Londoners safe," they added.

lost in melb.
06-11-2020, 11:50 AM
Sid Vicious would be proud of the New England

Muddy
06-11-2020, 01:26 PM
This is why our cops carry guns. #fuckyou

Goofy
06-11-2020, 01:37 PM
This is why our cops carry guns. #fuckyou

Yeah, your cops are doing a stand-up job right now :roll:

Muddy
06-11-2020, 01:41 PM
Yeah, your cops are doing a stand-up job right now :roll:

https://i.imgur.com/JWlbsWU.jpg

Goofy
06-11-2020, 01:46 PM
https://i.imgur.com/JWlbsWU.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/FOSmBIH.mp4

Muddy
06-11-2020, 01:55 PM

There's definitely an excessive over-use of force these days it would appear.. But you shouldn't be able to just lawlessly attack towns and law enforcement and have them not be able to protect themselves..

Teh One Who Knocks
06-11-2020, 02:01 PM

375 million interactions between cops and civilians in the US every year, 99.99% of them go off without issue. There are ALWAYS going to be bad people in any profession.

Goofy
06-11-2020, 03:13 PM
There's definitely an excessive over-use of force these days it would appear.. But you shouldn't be able to just lawlessly attack towns and law enforcement and have them not be able to protect themselves..

I totally agree.

375 million interactions between cops and civilians in the US every year, 99.99% of them go off without issue. There are ALWAYS going to be bad people in any profession.

I totally agree with that too. Thing is, attacks like this in the UK are few and far between, and rarely result in serious injury or death. Saying "This is why our cops carry guns. #fuckyou" is just a stupid thing to say - do you really think that shooting/killing these people would have been a better outcome? What if one of the perps had managed to wrestle the gun away from the cop?

I very rarely comment on any thread that's posted regarding US gun laws, and that's purely out of respect for all you guys. I'm happy our gun laws are tight as fuck, i'm happy no-one is allowed to carry a firearm over here, and i'm happy our regular on-the-beat Policemen and Women don't carry guns - i personally feel safer that way and i've never ever felt any direct threat to my life no matter what city i've visited in the UK (walking the backstreets of London at 2am may have been a bit scary if i was sober right enough :lol: ).

Lance is a bawbag

I don't want to fall out with any of you over this, i respect your opinions and rights as US citizens and i hope you respect mine too.

Teh One Who Knocks
06-11-2020, 03:30 PM
Why would there be a falling out? :-k Unless...is there some hidden Scottish insult about me in that post you typed? :x

Goofy
06-11-2020, 03:32 PM
Why would there be a falling out? :-k Unless...is there some hidden Scottish insult about me in that post you typed? :x

Would i do that? 8-[

Muddy
06-11-2020, 03:33 PM
I totally agree.

I totally agree with that too. Thing is, attacks like this in the UK are few and far between, and rarely result in serious injury or death. Saying "This is why our cops carry guns. #fuckyou" is just a stupid thing to say - do you really think that shooting/killing these people would have been a better outcome? What if one of the perps had managed to wrestle the gun away from the cop?

I very rarely comment on any thread that's posted regarding US gun laws, and that's purely out of respect for all you guys. I'm happy our gun laws are tight as fuck, i'm happy no-one is allowed to carry a firearm over here, and i'm happy our regular on-the-beat Policemen and Women don't carry guns - i personally feel safer that way and i've never ever felt any direct threat to my life no matter what city i've visited in the UK (walking the backstreets of London at 2am may have been a bit scary if i was sober right enough :lol: ).

I don't want to fall out with any of you over this, i respect your opinions and rights as US citizens and i hope you respect mine too.

Things are very tense over here right now... We have a huge group of under 25 year olds running berserk in the streets destroying everything and our officials refuse to bring them under control... So, my comment is a reaction of whats going on over here right now because I am about totally done with these little brats..

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/BitterIncredibleGopher-mobile.mp4

DemonGeminiX
06-11-2020, 04:06 PM
I totally agree.

Lance is a bawbag

:-k

I can't see anything.

RBP
06-12-2020, 03:37 AM

Copaganda

Pony
06-12-2020, 10:33 AM
I totally agree.

No offense but sometimes I really get annoyed at the "what if" game.

What if the kick to the officers head killed him? What if the guy with the baseball bat started swinging? Often violent people outnumber cops and they don't play "fair" or by the unspoken "rules" I feel police need a way to even the odds. and yes, if you blindside and attack a cop for no reason, you deserve to get shot. Actions have consequences.

Goofy
06-12-2020, 05:35 PM
No offense but sometimes I really get annoyed at the "what if" game.

What if the kick to the officers head killed him? What if the guy with the baseball bat started swinging? Often violent people outnumber cops and they don't play "fair" or by the unspoken "rules" I feel police need a way to even the odds. and yes, if you blindside and attack a cop for no reason, you deserve to get shot. Actions have consequences.

Fair point, but those examples rarely seem to happen over here, and if they do, they rarely result in death.

Sorry, i just hate guns - a gun plus a scared cop equals a dead person. You guys do it your way, we do it our way.

DemonGeminiX
06-12-2020, 05:57 PM
Lance is a bawbag

Nope. Still not seeing anything. I've got no idea what Lance was talking about earlier. :idk:

Goofy
06-13-2020, 11:28 AM

Nope. Still not seeing anything. I've got no idea what Lance was talking about earlier. :idk:

I'd never say a bad word about Teh One Who Knocks :angel:

RBP
06-13-2020, 11:39 AM
I'm not sure what the guns have to do with this. False narratives and bullshit arguments being used as an excuse to attack the people who preserve civil society. There's no walking that back. If allowed to continue, and be supported, there is no civil society left to preserve.

Goofy
06-13-2020, 11:49 AM
I'm not sure what the guns have to do with this.

Nothing really - Muddy brought it up and i gave my thoughts on it as a UK native.

RBP
06-13-2020, 12:05 PM
Nothing really - Muddy brought it up and i gave my thoughts on it as a UK native.

Fair enough.