PDA

View Full Version : 'White mansplaining': Don Lemon coins term for those denying systemic racism

Teh One Who Knocks
06-12-2020, 03:06 PM
by Anthony Leonardi - Washington Examiner

https://i.imgur.com/EwoAWiYl.jpg

CNN host Don Lemon created a new term for people he thinks are "ignorant" about racial issues.

As CNN transitioned its prime-time lineup from host Chris Cuomo to Lemon, Lemon asserted President Trump, White House economic adviser Larry Kudlow, and others who deny systemic racism engage in "white mansplaining."

"I call it 'white mansplaining.' You know how you do mansplaining to women? This is white mansplaining the injustices that people they have no idea about are facing. That’s all it is," Lemon said. "The very simple thing is, if you really want to understand racism in America, just think about your phone. Right? Or your car or your computer. When you — the factory reset in America is whiteness, is two cars, the American Dream, which was built on what? On whiteness."

Cuomo argued that Trump does not see a political advantage from participating in the Black Lives Matter movement, but Lemon asserted Trump and others who deny systemic racism are "ignorant."

"I think they're old, and they don't want to change. And they're set in their ways," Lemon said, later calling them "dinosaurs."

"We are at a different point now where white people actually are saying, 'I want to change. I want to do better.' They're not denying that there is racism anymore. The only people who are denying it are the relics, are the people like Trump and Larry Kudlow. And I don't really give a damn what Larry Kudlow thinks about race."

Lemon further argued Trump's position on race is irrelevant because he is "the birther-in-chief, the sons-of-bitches-in-chief. He is the shithole-countries-in-chief."

On Thursday, Trump met with faith leaders, law enforcement officials, and other senior administration officials in Dallas to discuss racial disparities, warning the public not to refer to millions of "decent Americans" as "racists."

"We have to work together to confront bigotry and prejudice wherever they appear but will make no progress and heal no wounds by falsely labeling tens of millions of decent Americans as racist or bigots," said Trump.

RBP
06-12-2020, 10:59 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss2hULhXf04