06-13-2020, 02:05 AM
:redx:

:beerchug: fixed

KevinD
06-13-2020, 02:08 AM
??

Griffin
06-13-2020, 02:15 AM
Do they have anything in a White Chocolate Mocha with a shot of Baileys Irish Cream?

lost in melb.
06-13-2020, 02:26 AM
??

You now have Band-Aids to match your Texan tan :dunno:

lost in melb.
06-13-2020, 02:27 AM
Do they have anything in a White Chocolate Mocha with a shot of Baileys Irish Cream?

Nr. 2 :-k.

Though technically cultural misuse/appropriation

lost in melb.
06-13-2020, 04:15 AM
Tucker Carlson: advertisers desert Fox News host after he attacks protesters (https://amp.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/jun/13/nsw-police-officer-appears-to-make-white-power-salute-near-sydney-black-lives-matter-protest)

T-Mobile and Disney say they will no longer advertise on show
Carlson said protests were ‘definitely not about black lives’

lost in melb.
06-13-2020, 04:17 AM
I think if Trump falls, your team is finished. It will be a series of rolling irresistible changes that will sweep the US.... a 'cultural revolution'

Where have we heard that before :-k

DemonGeminiX
06-13-2020, 04:18 AM
Tucker Carlson: advertisers desert Fox News host after he attacks protesters (https://amp.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/jun/13/nsw-police-officer-appears-to-make-white-power-salute-near-sydney-black-lives-matter-protest)

T-Mobile and Disney say they will no longer advertise on show
Carlson said protests were ‘definitely not about black lives’

There's a little bit more to what he said than just that. Fucking cancel culture bullshit.

RBP
06-13-2020, 10:44 AM
I think if Trump falls, your team is finished. It will be a series of rolling irresistible changes that will sweep the US.... a 'cultural revolution'

Where have we heard that before :-k

"Your team". I would love to hear you describe what "team" I am on.

Goofy
06-13-2020, 11:55 AM

Heterosexual? :-k

RBP
06-13-2020, 12:07 PM
Heterosexual? :-k

:triggered:

lost in melb.
06-13-2020, 12:20 PM

Give me a day or two, you'll get your description.

But..

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRqSoZHsib8hMCiWobtYj919WZ4q2U TP6f8fZlN3uNihOIs5xYH&usqp=CAU

DemonGeminiX
06-13-2020, 08:25 PM

The racist, sexist, homophobic, elitist white male team?

RBP
06-13-2020, 08:53 PM

Add fascist... and that was my guess.

Teh One Who Knocks
06-13-2020, 08:59 PM
Add fascist... and that was my guess.What about Colonizer?

RBP
06-13-2020, 09:03 PM
What about Colonizer?

Sigh. Yes. I can't afford a house, but I'm a colonizer. I feel nothing but shame.

Griffin
06-13-2020, 09:27 PM
Sigh. I feel nothing but shame.

could just be indigestion :-k

RBP
06-13-2020, 10:30 PM

https://i.imgur.com/qtCvst3.gif

lost in melb.
06-23-2020, 08:07 AM
Nestlé to rename Red Skins and Chicos lolly products (https://amp.9news.com.au/article/4b8bc1c6-b26d-4f65-b400-4224922f898c)

https://imageresizer.static9.net.au/7u8JiC8jtkSjdobKMytYkqdtkhY=/1200x0/https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2Ffs%2Fc1bc0ee5-7061-441a-8515-181553290367

lost in melb.
06-23-2020, 08:16 AM

Give me a day or two, you'll get your description.

But..

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRqSoZHsib8hMCiWobtYj919WZ4q2U TP6f8fZlN3uNihOIs5xYH&usqp=CAU

Add fascist... and that was my guess.

What about Colonizer?

Sigh. Yes. I can't afford a house, but I'm a colonizer. I feel nothing but shame.

https://i.imgur.com/qtCvst3.gif

Red team

https://infobeautiful4.s3.amazonaws.com/2015/05/1276_left_right_usa.png

These charts may have been created by liberals. Sorry :oops:

RBP
06-23-2020, 12:52 PM
There's a lot to agree and disagree with there, but it's actually not that bad.

Griffin
06-23-2020, 01:00 PM
The red and blue arrows at the top of the chart need the word FAR above them.

Contrary to how I may be construed here, I actually fall dead center with traits from both sides.

KevinD
06-23-2020, 04:08 PM
I'm actually more towards the middle too. Of the so called parties in the US, I normally align the most with libertarian.

Griffin
06-23-2020, 04:23 PM
I've never aligned myself with any of the parties, I gauge the candidates on their own merits.
With that being said it's been a long time since the Democrats have produced anyone worthy of my vote.

RBP
06-24-2020, 06:06 PM
The Bias Embedded in Algorithms
by Pocket, Posted on June 18, 2020

Articles

Google Has a Striking History of Bias Against Black Girls
Safiya Umoja Noble • Time

My first encounter with racism in search was in 2009 when I was talking to a friend who causally mentioned one day, “You should see what happens when you Google ‘black girls.’” I did and was stunned. (An excerpt from Algorithms of Oppression.)

Machine Bias
by Julia Angwin, Jeff Larson, Surya Mattu and Lauren Kirchner • ProPublica

There’s software used across the country to predict future criminals. And it’s biased against blacks.

There Is a Racial Divide in Speech-Recognition Systems, Researchers Say
Cade Metz • The New York Times

Technology from Amazon, Apple, Google, IBM and Microsoft misidentified 35 percent of words from people who were black. White people fared much better.

Technology Can’t Fix Algorithmic Injustice
Annette Zimmermann, Elena DiRosa, and Hochan Kim • Boston Review

We need greater democratic oversight of AI not just from developers and designers, but from all members of society.

Why Algorithms Can Be Racist and Sexist
Rebecca Heilweil • Recode

A computer can make a decision faster. That doesn’t make it fair.

Social Inequality Will Not Be Solved by an App
Safiya Noble • Wired

We need more intense attention on how artificial intelligence forestalls the ability to see what kinds of choices we are making.

Racial Bias Skews Algorithms Widely Used to Guide Care from Heart Surgery to Birth, Study Finds
Sharon Begley • STAT

Algorithms used by hospitals and physicians to guide the health care given to tens of millions of Americans are shot through with implicit racism that their creators are often unaware of, according to a study.

Can Racist Algorithms Be Fixed?
Beth Schwartzapfel • The Marshall Project

A new study adds to the debate over racial bias in risk assessment tools widely used in courtrooms.

Human Biases Are Baked into Algorithms. Now What?
Marketplace

The Apple Card debut stumbled as good credit scores didn’t help boost womens’ credit limits.

15 Books by Black Scholars the Tech Industry Needs to Read Now
UCLA Center for Critical Internet Inquiry

From the way search engines reinforce racism to how digital culture has reshaped the way Black identity is expressed.

The Underworld of Online Content Moderation
Isaac Chotiner and Sarah T. Roberts • The New Yorker

How the work of content moderation takes a psychological toll.

Videos

Black Future Month
Sasheer Zamata • Full Frontal with Samantha Bee

Is the future more Black Panther or Black Mirror? Guest correspondent Sasheer Zamata investigates Afrofuturism and the journey to make Snapchat filters actually work.

Before Algorithms: A History of Bias and Oppression in Computing
Harvard Kennedy School

A conversation about the underlying systems of power, privilege, and oppression as they relate to present-day conversations about algorithms.

Ruha Benjamin on ”The New Jim Code? Race, Carceral Technoscience, and Liberatory Imagination“
Othering & Belonging Institute

From everyday apps to complex algorithms, technology has the potential to hide, speed, and even deepen discrimination, while appearing neutral and even benevolent when compared to racist practices of a previous era.

Surveillance and the Public Sphere: Confronting a Democratic Dilemma
LSE’s Media Policy Project

The increasingly precise segmentation and targeting of commercial messages has been enabled in large part through the analysis of massive amounts of transaction-generated-information.

Technologies of Control and Our Right of Refusal
Dr. Seeta Peña Gangadharan • TEDxLondon

Most of us don’t realize how much digital systems govern access to our basic public services, like education, health and housing. Even more terrifying is how much data is collected about us and used without our knowledge.

Examining Black Feminism in the Digital Era
Kishonna L. Gray • The Berkman Klein Center for Internet & Society

It is important to examine the digital manifestations of misogynoir – or what it means to be a Woman of Color existing in the hegemonic spaces of digital technology. But our conceptual frameworks fail to capture the everyday practices that Women of Color exhibit online.

About the curator

Safiya Umoja Noble is an Associate Professor at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) in the Department of Information Studies, where she serves as the Co-Director of the UCLA Center for Critical Internet Inquiry. She is the author of a best-selling book on racist and sexist algorithmic bias in commercial search engines, Algorithms of Oppression: How Search Engines Reinforce Racism (NYU Press).

Griffin
06-24-2020, 06:23 PM
They should just rename that study to "I'm Black and I'm Mad for No Discernible Reason, So Fuck You Racist!"

Teh One Who Knocks
06-24-2020, 06:24 PM
Algorithms of Oppression :facepalm:

Griffin
06-24-2020, 06:27 PM
The problem with my title is everyone would know there was an editor involved because the use of the word "Discernible".:spy: