PDA

View Full Version : Nancy Pelosi Gifts George Floyd’s Brother Folded American Flag; Outrage Erupts Online

Teh One Who Knocks
06-16-2020, 01:10 PM
By Amanda Prestigiacomo - The Daily Wire

https://i.imgur.com/BTajAXpl.jpg

On Wednesday, Democratic Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi (CA) gifted Philonise Floyd, the brother of George Floyd, a folded, encased American flag during a photo-op.

The House Speaker posted the images to her Facebook page and notified the public that the flag she gifted Philonise was “the flag that flew over the Capitol on the day of his brother’s murder.”

“Philonise Floyd’s heart-wrenching testimony to the House Judiciary Committee left its mark on us all,” the high ranking Democrat captioned the photo, along with two others. “May this flag, which flew over the Capitol on the day of his brother’s murder, serve as a symbol of our shared commitment to securing justice for George and all victims of police violence.”

https://i.imgur.com/42unf4k.png

Folded American flags, known as burial flags, are often given to the families of our fallen United States Military members or first responders.

“A United States flag is provided, at no cost, to drape the casket or accompany the urn of a deceased Veteran who served honorably in the U. S. Armed Forces,” the government website for Veterans Affairs says. “It is furnished to honor the memory of a Veteran’s military service to his or her country.”

According to the VA, here are some examples of who is eligible for the burial flags:

1. Veteran who served during wartime
2. Veteran who died on active duty after May 27, 1941
3. Veteran who served after January 31, 1955
4. Peacetime Veteran who was discharged or released before June 27, 1950 after serving at least one enlistment, or for a disability incurred or aggravated in line of duty
5. Certain persons who served in the organized military forces of the Commonwealth of the Philippines while in service of the U.S. Armed Forces and who died on or after April 25, 1951
6. Certain former members of the Selected Reserves

“Generally, the flag is given to the next-of-kin, as a keepsake, after its use during the funeral service,” the site adds. “When there is no next-of-kin, VA will furnish the flag to a friend making request for it. For those VA national cemeteries with an Avenue of Flags, families of Veterans buried in these national cemeteries may donate the burial flags of their loved ones to be flown on patriotic holidays.”

George Floyd died last month after a police officer had his knee on the 46-year-old’s neck for over eight minutes during an arrest, according to viral video footage. The officer at the center of the arrest, Derek Chauvin, has been charged with second-degree murder.

Not everyone was pleased with the photo-op, specifically the gifting of the flag. Pelosi’s Facebook post was riddled with comments ripping the Democrat. Here are some examples:

“All Veterans should be angry with this action and she should be voted out of office. After serving as the Noncommissioned Officer In Charge of a six and three man burial teams and having to present the Flag to a family member of the deceased, this is a disgrace to all Military personal who have passed in the serve to their country. This man, as far as I know, did not [serve] in the Military…”

” Proving you have no idea what a service flag represents.”

“So wrong….trying to get votes.”

“Pelosi You are a horrible woman. You have now trivialized the meaning of the US Flag. That presentation is for members of the US armed forces and veterans. Not a political game of pandering.”

Currently, many elected Democrats publicly support national anthem protests and the “defunding” of police departments, though the definition of “defund” apparently varies.

Griffin
06-16-2020, 01:19 PM
Did she take a knee as she gifted this symbol of oppression? :-k

DemonGeminiX
06-16-2020, 05:59 PM
:|

PorkChopSandwiches
06-16-2020, 06:06 PM
:suicide:

RBP
06-17-2020, 03:40 AM
Did she take a knee as she gifted this symbol of oppression? :-k

Looks like she took two knees.

lost in melb.
06-17-2020, 07:20 AM
I've lost complete understanding of what's going on.

DemonGeminiX
06-17-2020, 07:52 AM
I've lost complete understanding of what's going on.

There are rules as to who receive folded flags and for what reasons. There are also rules as to who gives them out. Usually, when a serviceman dies while serving our country or a veteran dies later on in life, the family members receive a folded US flag from the military branch that the deceased served in. My mother received a folded flag from the US Navy who attended my father's funeral because my father served in the Navy during the Vietnam War. There are other situations defined by US Flag Code, which is posted in the original article above. Pelosi crossed the line. She has no right nor authority to give out folded flags to anyone, and Floyd never served in the US military. The only thing Floyd served was time for being a criminal.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Floyd

Giving his family a flag where only families of deceased members or veterans of the US military should receive them is a slap in the face to all families of deceased military personnel. Lush Pelosi has crossed the line and has insulted the US Armed Forces and every patriot that knows the difference.

Placid
06-17-2020, 09:11 AM
Controversial but there are facts that should be noted.

We should never forget the manner in which George Floyd was unlawfully killed but there is no reason at all to remember the man.

9 June 2020
The article below was in the Brisbane Courier Mail newspaper this morning by veteran reporter Mike O'Connor.
Have a read all the way to the end. Interesting !!

<><><><><>

WITH a gun held at her stomach, the pregnant woman very likely thought that she and her unborn child were about to die.

She watched, terrified, as the gunman’s five accomplices ransacked her home looking for money and drugs. Finding neither, they fled, taking her mobile phone and wallet.

The man with the gun was George Floyd. He was later arrested and sentenced to five years in jail, adding another chapter to a lengthy criminal history, which included drug offences and armed theft.

This is the man now being hailed as a martyr to the cause of civil rights, a low-life drug-using criminal with scant regard for the lives of others, who when he died, was high on fentanyl and methamphetamine.

There is no excuse for the manner of his death, but before the hordes of local virtue signallers start organising another illegal protest march, a little perspective as provided by American black activist Candace Owens might be helpful.
“We are the only community that fights and screams and demands justice for the people in our community that are up to no good,” she says in an online posting.

“It has become fashionable for us to turn criminals into heroes. George Floyd was not an amazing person. Everyone is saying that this man lived a heroic lifestyle and he didn’t.

“I will not be part of the broken black culture that wants to martyr black criminals and make them out to be outstanding human beings.”

Owens maintains that racially motivated police brutality in the United States is a myth, saying that a violent white criminal has a 25 per cent higher chance of dying at the hands of a police officer than do violent black criminals.

“Last year a total of nine unarmed black men were killed by police officers while 19 white men were killed by police. White people represent 60 per cent of the population and black people only 13 per cent, but it doesn’t matter what percentage of the population you represent, it matters what percentage of the violent criminal community you represent and unfortunately the black community commits a disproportionate amount of crime compared to the white community.

“The 6 per cent of the population who are black men commit 44 per cent of the murders in this country, according to 2018 statistics. We commit 50 per cent of all violent offences and we are 13 per cent of the population,” Owens says.
She says that police officers have more to fear from the black community than the other way around with a police officer being 18.5 times more likely to be killed by a black person than a black person is to be killed by a police officer.
Owens dismisses the entire narrative of racially motivated violence by police as “complete smoke and mirrors”.

“It’s all made up. It’s white versus black because it’s an election year and not because black Americans are suffering at the hands of police officers more than white Americans.

“Do some police officers do the wrong things? Yes, but I am not going to stand for this bottom-feeding narrative of martyring people who have had five, six or seven stints in prison. I’m tired of it. I’m tired of having to pretend. It’s embarrassing,” she says.

Owens takes aim at what she describes as a toxic culture permeating the black community.

“That’s because nobody wants to tell the truth in black America. It’s so easy to be a victim. It’s so easy to ask white people to bow down and apologise to us. It’s crap, it’s a fake, it’s a farce. Our biggest problem is us. It’s why we don’t talk about it when black-on-black violence happens.

“We don’t talk about it when black people are being slaughtered by blacks because that would mean we’d have to be accountable. That would mean personal responsibility and we don’t do personal responsibility. We blame white people. We only point a camera at white people when they do something, even though we do it at a far higher rate to ourselves.

“How difficult is it not to spend multiple times in prison? Is that too difficult for us?” she asks.

“We have to do better. We have to teach our kids to do better,” she says.

This is not what the people who demonstrated in King George Square on the weekend want to hear.

They want to embrace the “white versus black” narrative, march and chant and then go back home and tell themselves what a great job they’ve done striking a blow for equality.

Here’s a thought. How about having a march next weekend protesting at the violence and sexual assaults perpetrated on Aboriginal children by other indigenous people?

Let’s protest about the poor or non-existent parenting in indigenous communities that sees kids fail to attend school and so get a chance at a better life. Hold that protest and I’ll march with you, but I’m not holding my breath.

That’s because nobody wants to tell the truth in black America. It’s so easy to be a victim.

https://scontent.fper8-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/104240064_10213697520152228_3519007119994763808_o. jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_ohc=OcHh2WqR4ScAX9P-0IN&_nc_ht=scontent.fper8-1.fna&oh=be953bb233d7c96344819e9b6896c718&oe=5F10AF08

Pony
06-17-2020, 09:57 AM
Candace Owen is an amazing woman.

lost in melb.
06-17-2020, 10:57 AM
There are rules as to who receive folded flags and for what reasons. There are also rules as to who gives them out. Usually, when a serviceman dies while serving our country or a veteran dies later on in life, the family members receive a folded US flag from the military branch that the deceased served in. My mother received a folded flag from the US Navy who attended my father's funeral because my father served in the Navy during the Vietnam War. There are other situations defined by US Flag Code, which is posted in the original article above. Pelosi crossed the line. She has no right nor authority to give out folded flags to anyone, and Floyd never served in the US military. The only thing Floyd served was time for being a criminal.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Floyd

Giving his family a flag where only families of deceased members or veterans of the US military should receive them is a slap in the face to all families of deceased military personnel. Lush Pelosi has crossed the line and has insulted the US Armed Forces and every patriot that knows the difference.

Thanks. Understand now