PDA

View Full Version : Huge spider greets family new to San Antonio

Teh One Who Knocks
06-23-2020, 10:17 AM
Erica Hernandez, Digital Journalist - KSAT 12

https://i.imgur.com/o3sLef2h.jpg

SAN ANTONIO – Teouna Thomas and her husband moved to San Antonio about eight months ago from the Dallas-Fort Worth area and last week they got a huge surprise.

“I hear my husband yell, ‘OMG what in the heck is that?‘” Thomas said.

What she was seeing was a huge spider crawling up the outside of her patio door.

“I mean we are in Texas and not in the jungle somewhere,” Thomas said.

They knew they had to capture it because their puppy was outside trying to get it as well.

Thomas’ husband was the true hero and captured the spider in a plastic container.

https://i.imgur.com/ijE4I50.jpg

They called the front office of their apartment complex and a worker there said she would take it and she later released it back into the wild.

KSAT 12 asked the San Antonio Zoo for details about the arachnid and the ectotherms team believes it’s a Texas Tan Tarantula, a common species in Texas.

The experts at the zoo tell us they are harmless to humans. All spiders have venom, but you’d have to try hard to get bit by one of these spiders, they said.

The Texas Tan Tarantula can grow up to four to six inches long and right now it is mating season for the spiders, which is why the Thomas family may have seen one.

They do have a benefit, they keep the pest population down by eating roaches and crickets.

lost in melb.
06-23-2020, 10:54 AM
Not bad :obama:

Griffin
06-23-2020, 12:34 PM
Not bad :obama:

You guys use small ones like this for fish bait don't you?

lost in melb.
06-23-2020, 01:17 PM
You guys use small ones like this for fish bait don't you?

Probably need a couple at least...

Muddy
06-23-2020, 01:18 PM
Whats the big deal? It's a tarantula. tar-an-toola

Teh One Who Knocks
06-23-2020, 01:19 PM
Whats the big deal? It's a tarantula. tar-an-toola

My kid is afraid of spiders that are barely the size of a dime, she would keel over and die if she saw a huge tarantula like that. :lol:

Griffin
06-23-2020, 01:22 PM
When I die I want to be reincarnated as a spider. So that just once I can hear a woman scream " OH MY GOD IT'S FUCKING HUGE!"

Muddy
06-23-2020, 01:23 PM
My kid is afraid of spiders that are barely the size of a dime, she would keel over and die if she saw a huge tarantula like that. :lol:

I'm lucky in that regard... Now snakes.. another completely different story.

Griffin
06-23-2020, 01:26 PM
I'll pick u a snake and beat a spider to death with it.

Teh One Who Knocks
06-23-2020, 01:27 PM
I'm lucky in that regard... Now snakes.. another completely different story.

Exact opposite at my house :lol: While I DO NOT like snakes at all, the kid that runs away from a tiny spider is not afraid of snakes at all.

lost in melb.
06-23-2020, 01:32 PM
The only creature I'm genuinely petrified of is the shark

Griffin
06-23-2020, 01:35 PM
The only creature I'm genuinely petrified of is the shark

You apparently haven't come home drunk at 2:00 in the morning and find your wife waiting up for you.

Muddy
06-23-2020, 01:39 PM
You apparently haven't come home drunk at 2:00 in the morning and find your wife waiting up for you.

I came home like that when I had a live at home girlfriend and I also had fingernail marks down my back... :shock:

Griffin
06-23-2020, 01:42 PM
Me --- "sure I can explain the lipstick on my collar... I used my shirt to wipe it off my dick"

lost in melb.
06-23-2020, 01:42 PM
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRUSdByLcaKcz1nacBH2Xej6lsTE9Y hqvINL2dLPsHvES7oEtiI&usqp=CAU