PDA

View Full Version : Woman tells BLM supporter, ‘I will teach my grandkids to hate you all’

Teh One Who Knocks
06-23-2020, 07:22 PM
By Joshua Rhett Miller - New York Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvD55ppDJSw

A Missouri woman draped in a Confederate flag told a Black Lives Matter supporter she intended to pass on her bigotry to her grandchildren, vile video shows.

Kathy Bennett, of Branson, was among a group of nearly 50 people who stood outside a Dixie Outfitters store Sunday in support of the Confederate flag and the store, which was targeted by Black Lives Matter supporters due to a 2015 news story about its owners’ reported history with the Ku Klux Klan, the Springfield News-Leader reports.

“I will teach my grandkids to hate you all,” Bennett told one demonstrator during a heated exchange, video shows.

Bennett then stood up and said, “Suck on this” before waving and draping the Confederate flag on her back. That prompted the BLM demonstrator to tell Bennett that “hating is not a way to live,” according to the footage.

Bennett proceeded to shake her fist while extolling her “KKK belief,” the video shows.

The exchange — which went viral on social media, catching the attention of rapper-actor Ice T — prompted Branson’s mayor to denounce Bennett’s “hate speech” as the southwest Missouri town trended on Twitter, OzarksFirst.com reports.

“The city of Branson does not condone any type of hate speech,” Mayor Ed Akers said in a statement. “The majority of the people of Branson are welcoming, open and neighborly citizens. Many here have strong moral background with servant’s hearts and a spirit of hospitality.”

Branson has been the site of seven demonstrations since May 30, all of which have been peaceful without incident, Akers said.

“We welcome all to come and experience our friendly town,” the mayor’s statement concluded.

Teh One Who Knocks
06-23-2020, 07:23 PM
It's going to keep getting worse before it gets better. Did BLM really think there wouldn't be Whitey's out there that are fed up with their shit? Getting called racist 24/7 just because you're white? Pushing their revisionist history on everything?

RBP
06-23-2020, 07:40 PM
And why is nothing BLM says deemed "hate speech"?

Teh One Who Knocks
06-23-2020, 07:43 PM
And why is nothing BLM says deemed "hate speech"?

:facepalm:

We've been through this before, only white people can be racist :nono: The oppressor cannot be oppressed :hand:

RBP
06-23-2020, 07:52 PM
:facepalm:

We've been through this before, only white people can be racist :nono: The oppressor cannot be oppressed :hand:

I get the SJW definition, but is it legally defined that way?

Teh One Who Knocks
06-23-2020, 07:53 PM
I get the SJW definition, but is it legally defined that way?

:dunno: But there must be a reason you only see white people arrested/cited/harassed for "hate speech".

RBP
06-23-2020, 07:59 PM
:dunno: But there must be a reason you only see white people arrested/cited/harassed for "hate speech".

I think I an confusing terms a bit. There are legal penalties for "hate crimes" but you cannot limit "hate speech" in the US until it reaches the level of criminal acts. That could include speech that incites violence.

So hate speech is not legally limited.

Griffin
06-23-2020, 08:07 PM
I wonder if that woman is really that ignorant or if she's just poking the bear?

RBP
06-23-2020, 08:08 PM
I wonder if that woman is really that ignorant or if she's just poking the bear?

Or responding in kind.

RBP
06-23-2020, 08:12 PM
If you listen to the video, the woman on the truck is being berated and responding. Her opinion is just as permissable as anyone else's whether you like it or not. You want your speech to be respected? Respect others, even when you disagree.

Griffin
06-23-2020, 08:34 PM
Oh I get all that. What I don't get is why people have to behave like this. Abusing the right should lead to personal responsibility for your actions.
Like Fred Phelps and his inbred Westboro Baptist Church. They had the constitutional right but used that right to impede on others.

On a side note I believe with all my conviction that ol Fred is riding satans bone for his behavior here on earth.

Muddy
06-23-2020, 08:38 PM
Oh I get all that. What I don't get is why people have to behave like this. Abusing the right should lead to personal responsibility for your actions.
Like Fred Phelps and his inbred Westboro Baptist Church. They had the constitutional right but used that right to impede on others.

On a side note I believe with all my conviction that ol Fred is riding satans bone for his behavior here on earth.

If Satan wants you to sin then why would he be punishing a sinner? Phelps may be walking around with a crown on... If Satan punishes the bad, then is Satan really bad himself..?

Griffin
06-23-2020, 08:52 PM
Because it's his job to punish those sent to him. ( I know I just assumed gender):rolleyes:

Griffin
06-23-2020, 08:52 PM
A few minutes before the services started, the townspeople were sitting in their pews and talking. Suddenly, Satan appeared at the front of the church. Everyone started screaming and running for the front entrance, trampling each other in a frantic effort to get away from evil incarnate.

Soon everyone had exited the church except for one elderly gentleman who sat calmly in his pew without moving, seeming oblivious to the fact that God's ultimate enemy was in his presence.

So Satan walked up to the old man and said, "Don't you know who I am?" The man replied, "Yep, sure do."

"Aren't you afraid of me?" Satan asked.

"Nope, sure ain't," said the man.

"Don't you realize I can kill you with a word?" asked Satan.

"Don't doubt it for a minute," returned the old man, in an even tone.

"Did you know that I could cause you profound, horrifying, physical AGONY... for all eternity?" persisted Satan.

"Yep," was the calm reply.

"And you're still not afraid?" asked Satan.

"Nope."

More than a little perturbed, Satan asked, "Well, why aren't you afraid of me?"

The man calmly replied, "Been married to your sister for the last 48 years!!..