PDA

View Full Version : the fastest you've been on 2 or 4 wheels

redred
07-20-2011, 04:28 PM
following on from this news thread http://tehbasement.com/showthread.php?10502-Motorcyclist-hits-311-mph-to-set-record&p=122859#post122859 whats the fastest you've been in a car or bike on a track or public road

mine i think was about
170 mph (which i think is 273kph ) on a track
140mph (225kph) on a public road

oh and i've hit a solid steel race wall at 60mph :mrgreen:

sorry forgot to say all on 4 wheels

Hal-9000
07-20-2011, 05:03 PM
118 mph in a '73 corvette and 16 mph on my ten speed bike :thumbsup:

Teh One Who Knocks
07-20-2011, 05:08 PM
I've never been out on a track before, but the fastest I probably have been is somewhere around 120 mph (give or take) in a buddy's Nova back in high school

Hugh_Janus
07-20-2011, 06:35 PM
car.... I'm not sure cos the speedo only went to to 150mph :lol: but taking wheel size, engine speed and gear ratios, I think it worked out at about 160 actual mph not speedo indicated

motorbike.... I can't remember, but it was at least 100mph

pushbike.... on the flat 29mph downhill 37mph

and all those speeds were scary as fuck :lol:

Hal-9000
07-20-2011, 06:52 PM
that's what I was going to say...call me a pussy, but anything over 100 mph in a car and I feel the pee squirting out :oops:

PorkChopSandwiches
07-20-2011, 07:27 PM
120mph in my G35, then my wife got scared. Handled like a dream though

minz
07-20-2011, 07:31 PM
127mph in a golf GTI, It was my first car and I took it on the motorway flat out :lol: I’m not so reckless now, on a bike probably around 60-70mph

Acid Trip
07-20-2011, 07:35 PM
183 mph in a Porsche 911 Turbo on the Autobahn. My uncle was driving and believe it or not we got passed a few times.

Muddy
07-20-2011, 07:56 PM
120 or 30 in a Beamer.

Loser
07-20-2011, 10:14 PM
How about falling off a jetski doing 74mph? That hurt, did cartwheels across the surface for like 15 feet before I fell into the water. :lol:

Motorcycle 137 on suzuki gsx r1000

Car was roughly 110 in 89 3.1L camero

Snowmobile was over 80, didn't have the balls to look down after the first time :oops:

And last was 4x4, Raptor 700R, which I maxed at 85mph.

Foxdana
07-20-2011, 10:22 PM
115mph on a freeway in England in a Ford Mondeo. I love English roads! You could never, ever get away with that in Australia.

minz
07-20-2011, 10:36 PM
115mph on a freeway in England in a Ford Mondeo. I love English roads! You could never, ever get away with that in Australia.

Jeeezus, a ford mondeo, it muxt have been rattling :lol:

golfer
07-21-2011, 12:12 AM
120mph in my G35, then my wife got scared. Handled like a dream though
135+ Bmw 3 series... loved the speed and then remembered how much the ticket would be so i stopped following the porche and other car... Car handled like a dream as well as got incredible gas mileage... :lol:

Southern Belle
07-21-2011, 12:14 AM
I'm not a speeder, I'm a lover.

Tank
07-21-2011, 11:44 AM

errm, you cant strickly get away with it here either ;)

for me -

Car
Me driving = 140mph before i bottled it, was beginning to rain and the car was on semislicks

Passenger ride = 180mph (sat nav readout) in a heavily modified sierra cosworth. (gotta love a dead M4 motorway at 3am ;) )

Not done a track but on a few rallies ive been passenger/co driver to a max of 150/160mph in a wrc Impreza, that was fuggin scary too, feeling the car 4wheel shift over the muddy stage. anything over 70mph in a RWD car on gravel is sphynctertighteneing :huh:

Bike – only done 110mph. Was one of them times you do it without realising, jumped on my mates Yamaha R1 to have a quick blast. I’ve not got a great record on bikes so decided that was good enough for me before i spilled it! :)

Noilly Pratt
07-21-2011, 06:07 PM
I'm not a speeder, I'm a lover.

I'm a speedy lover! :) Or I can be, if asked! :D [ Oh god would you please HURRY UP! :mrgreen: ]

When living in England in the 80's I took a Ford Sierra (had I think a Cosworth in it) up to an indicated 130mph on a Welsh motorway. It had more in it but I chickened out to do any more.

In my car when I first bought it, I got it up to 100MPH and my nerve gave out. Canadian roads aren't as smooth as UK Motorways.

I finally lived a dream and drove on the German Autobahn...trouble was, it was in an old first generation Golf diesel and I think I barely made 80mph. That puts you in the slow lane with all the grannies!

On a track in an RX7 (1st gen) on the straights I got to nearly 120mph - I was busy watching the rev counter more - I didn't want to grenade a friends new rebuild.

My most fun was driving a tricked out Mini Cooper around for a scavenger hunt at only 70mph tops. It felt like double that in that small beast. You felt like you were a wired in part of that car.

SmoothBob
07-21-2011, 07:11 PM
Used to work for a guy wi a tuned 911, speedo was over 150 mph before we ran out o road

SmoothBob
07-21-2011, 07:13 PM
Only 2 wheel would be a moped hired on holiday so top speed would have been, meh, 30-40 mph..

I couldnae handle more on a bike, be crappin it!

SmoothBob
07-21-2011, 07:17 PM
How about falling off a jetski doing 74mph? That hurt, did cartwheels across the surface for like 15 feet before I fell into the water.

Jings! Did yi break anythin?

AntZ
07-21-2011, 07:29 PM
I've done more then 240+ KPH in our old Audi A6 Quattro Sport many many times in Germany, but not for any legenth of time because I always had to slow for traffic.

Last year, I did 110 MPH in my Skoda with the cruise control set for over an hour uninterrupted, outside Munich.

Almost forgot, I did 55 mph twice in a full tuck position on my road bike. It was coming down a long strait portion of Mt. Baldy road in Calif. I tried many times to do it and would always hit 52.5 mph. The next step jumps to 55 on the wheel censor computer.

Goofy
07-21-2011, 08:04 PM
Hit the limiter in an M5 on the A9 north of Perth.......... 155mph supposedly............ been a passenger at around 170mph in a Porsche 996 (or 997, not sure which)............ no cops on this board are there? 8-[

Never been on the track :(

Loser
07-22-2011, 01:06 AM
Jings! Did yi break anythin?

Well, when my head eventually hit water, it was face first. It looked like I went 2 rounds with tyson.

Other then that I was fine :lol:

Arkady Renko
07-28-2011, 02:07 PM
four wheels: about 170mph in a souped up BMW 850 on the autobahn at 4 am (in an unrestricted stretch, though)

two wheels: maybe 40 mph going downhill and with tailwind...

lotsa wheels: over 200mph in a french high speed train.

Muddy
07-28-2011, 02:08 PM
high speed train... thats wild..

Arkady Renko
07-28-2011, 02:32 PM
actually there are a lot of lines in france and spain as well as some in germany where the trains run at this kind of speed regularly. Spain and France encouraged the public railway monopolies to build new highspeed lines dedicated to the express trains, so there is an almost straight line each from Madrid to Barcelona Madrid to Seville, Barcelona-Valencia etc. domestic flights down there really took a hit once those lines were opened. Same in France, maybe even more so.

Anyway, it's an amazing sight when the landscape flies by you if you look outside at a right angle, might even make you a little dizzy.

Muddy
07-28-2011, 02:40 PM
I hope they put a fence around those things... I dont see at those speeds how they dont just fly off the tracks...

Arkady Renko
07-28-2011, 02:50 PM
the high speed lines in france and spain are fenced off from station to station, not least to keep wandering animals off the tracks. Butas far as flying off the tracks is concerned, keep in mind how heavy the trains are. Some experimental lines in France and Japan allow for speeds well over 300mph, the main safety issue is vibration. In a regular passenger configuration, all you'll feel is a minute vibration and a dull droning sound. I like to take the train whenever it's not much longer than flying because you can get some work done in there.

Muddy
07-28-2011, 03:15 PM
It has to be special tracks... I cant see one of those things doing 200 on this...

http://www.readingshrimp.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/trainTracks.jpg

Godfather
07-28-2011, 04:02 PM
My first car was a 1989 Mazda 626. It was a piece of shit and a half. My brother and I both learned to drive on it, and probably should have died in it on several occasions.

But I got her up to 170km/h which is a little over 100mph. And that thing had speed-wobbles like a mother-fucker :lol:

KevinD
07-28-2011, 04:14 PM
Car: about 165 (indicated) in a bone stock Z28
Moto: 140 if I remember correctly (back when I was young, on a borrowed crotch rocket)
cycle: dunno, never rode one with a speedo
boat: 95 (by GPS) in a skinny water center console.

Hal-9000
07-28-2011, 04:33 PM
I once had the Lambo up to 696 mph....just when I was about to break the sound barrier, a dog jumped out into the street so I put the car up on two wheels (by leaning hard) and narrowly avoided hitting Spot.I saw a moving van with a ramp so I decided to hit it (while still on two wheels) and I jumped over 3 houses and a gas station on the corner.

When I landed, I matted it, put in my ZZ Top dvd and broke the sound barrier.The sonic boom propelled me even faster, causing a massive heart attack.While dead and clamoring towards the light I managed to gear down and brought the vehicle to a respectable 450-470 mph, allowing me to give myself open heart massage (using a Bic pen to open my chest cavity).After flatlining and saying hello to some dead relatives, I regained consciousness only to notice that I had burned off all of the rubber on my tires....I was driving on rims only, going over 300 mph at this point.

The ensuing sparks heated the pavement to such a degree, that I cut a 10 foot groove in the road for over a mile.It was intense let me tell you......

AntZ
07-28-2011, 04:53 PM
f

lotsa wheels: over 200mph in a french high speed train.

Forgot about that! I've also been on the TGV a few times. The first time was to Paris, and we did top speed!

Muddy
07-28-2011, 05:00 PM
I once had the Lambo up to 696 mph....just when I was about to break the sound barrier, a dog jumped out into the street so I put the car up on two wheels (by leaning hard) and narrowly avoided hitting Spot.I saw a moving van with a ramp so I decided to hit it (while still on two wheels) and I jumped over 3 houses and a gas station on the corner.

When I landed, I matted it, put in my ZZ Top dvd and broke the sound barrier.The sonic boom propelled me even faster, causing a massive heart attack.While dead and clamoring towards the light I managed to gear down and brought the vehicle to a respectable 450-470 mph, allowing me to give myself open heart massage (using a Bic pen to open my chest cavity).After flatlining and saying hello to some dead relatives, I regained consciousness only to notice that I had burned off all of the rubber on my tires....I was driving on rims only, going over 300 mph at this point.

The ensuing sparks heated the pavement to such a degree, that I cut a 10 foot groove in the road for over a mile.It was intense let me tell you......

You just made like a years worth of posts in one hit... :razz:

Hal-9000
07-28-2011, 05:01 PM
it was for yoooooo :dance:

Muddy
07-28-2011, 05:02 PM
I wonder where that fella is?

Hal-9000
07-28-2011, 05:03 PM
oh probably moving a tectonic plate somewhere :lol:

Tank
07-28-2011, 06:09 PM

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r150/MuyThaiFighter/Funny%20Pics/joker.jpg

:mrgreen:

Goofy
07-28-2011, 09:56 PM

You stole Andy's answer :hand:

Arkady Renko
07-28-2011, 11:09 PM
It has to be special tracks... I cant see one of those things doing 200 on this...

http://www.readingshrimp.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/trainTracks.jpg

this is more like it:

http://www.trainweb.org/tgvpages/images/construction/trvxln1aig.jpg

http://www.pandrol.co.kr/html/english/img/img_02.jpg [-(

minz
07-28-2011, 11:58 PM
I once made Manchester to Bathgate (Scotland) in just over 2 hours. :huh:

KevinD
07-29-2011, 12:45 AM
Best long distance time: Rapid City, South Dakota to Las Cruces, New Mexico, 1100 miles, 17hrs and 40 mins. This was back when the national speed limit was 55 mph.

dmni
07-29-2011, 09:46 AM
I once made Manchester to Bathgate (Scotland) in just over 2 hours. :huh:

Were you in a helicopter???