PDA

View Full Version : Crime in Progress: Inside the Steele Dossier and the Fusion GPS Investigation of Donald Trump

Placid
06-28-2020, 05:01 AM
I have read this book as one of many trying to gain some balance on the issues surrounding Donald Trump.

This gave an insight to that blatant politics behind many things and how Republicans willingly overlooked evidence.

Unless the truth may offend, I would honestly recommend reading it.

Click to download and eBook (epub) version here (https://b-ok.cc/dl/5296393/db6303)

DemonGeminiX
06-28-2020, 06:31 AM
No, the Steele Dossier was proven to be horseshit and Fusion GPS was working for Hillary Clinton and the DNC. Fusion GPS paid for the Steele Dossier to be produced, and it was openly discredited.

No one ignored it. In fact, federal prosecutors were looking into bringing charges against Fusion GPS. I don't know what happened with that, but apparently it was swept under the rug because nobody's talking about it anymore 2 years later. It must be because the Democrats have control of the House and won't allow any investigations to go forward.

It was a ploy. It failed.

None of this stuff is news to us. We've known all about it for quite some time. It's not what you think.

Placid
06-28-2020, 10:34 AM
No, the Steele Dossier was proven to be horseshit and Fusion GPS was working for Hillary Clinton and the DNC. Fusion GPS paid for the Steele Dossier to be produced, and it was openly discredited.

No one ignored it. In fact, federal prosecutors were looking into bringing charges against Fusion GPS. I don't know what happened with that, but apparently it was swept under the rug because nobody's talking about it anymore 2 years later. It must be because the Democrats have control of the House and won't allow any investigations to go forward.

It was a ploy. It failed.

None of this stuff is news to us. We've known all about it for quite some time. It's not what you think.

Not true - read the book.

Steele was a former British intelligence officer who did his research to Fusion. Yes, one of their clients was the Democratic party and the brief was to research candidate Trump. The evidence found many facts that Republicans chose to overlook in investigations because it did not suit their agenda. Devin Nunes appears to be nothing more than a Trump sycophant and his biography does not read well either. In his role in the House Intelligence chair, he collaborated underhandedly with other agencies outside the law and when threatened with a law suit and "discovery" he withdrew accusations. He must have something to hide. - this happened against Fusion and also another party.

Republican led committess subpoenaed ALL bank records of Fusion hoping to find Democratic collusion but changed tack when those records revealed associations with some very prominent Republicans - not what they wanted or expected to find so it was suddenly dropped.

As I have said, I have read several books in an attempt to get a "balance" on Trump but apart from one book by Doug Wead - "Inside Trump's White House", there is very little that is positive about the whole thing - man and associates and campaign. Wead's book I found to be very sycophantic of Trump and his whole family.

It has amazed me that Americans in the main have overlooked so much of Trump's shady past and overlooked his association with many proven criminals. Cohen and Manafort are only a very small sample of those characters. Reblublicans in government were also quite happy to overlook a lot of evidence.

It is true that his campaign did have associations with Russian business at least and with those businesses being associated with Putin. Wikileaks got all their Clinton material from Russians. Why was Donld Jnr so prepared to meet with Russions to get dirt on Clinton?

I want balance and I find it unbelievable that there are a myriad of books out there that are supposedly nothing but lies....!! Trump has demonised the American media because in the main they do not swallow all his lies and bluster. Seriously, a joke that he was suggesting people ingest disinfectant? Seriously, a joke that Covid is only so bad in USA because of the testing?

I get the impression that Trump supporters view him as the messiah and nothing he does could be a lie or anything but the truth..... sadly he believes that himself.

History will tell us the truth in due course but in the meantime, I will continue to read and if you can advise me of a serious book that is "balanced" and shows positive aspects I will attempt to find and read it. I am not prepared to accept an argument that is only a Republican hold onto government at any cost point of view.

These are are sample I suppose of supporters??

https://youtu.be/NzDhm808oU4

DemonGeminiX
06-28-2020, 10:43 AM
I don't need to read the book, I already know the story. And what I posted already is completely true.

KevinD
06-28-2020, 07:05 PM
Placid...the main thing you actually need to know about Trump is that he was famously supportive of the Democratic party and liberal ideals for decades before he decided to run for President. Personally, I cant stand the man. That said, he has been rather good for the country. And CERTAINLY better than Hillary could ever have been. The Clintons (mostly Hillary) are die hard snakes, globalists and killers.

Placid
06-29-2020, 02:54 AM
Placid...the main thing you actually need to know about Trump is that he was famously supportive of the Democratic party and liberal ideals for decades before he decided to run for President. Personally, I cant stand the man. That said, he has been rather good for the country. And CERTAINLY better than Hillary could ever have been. The Clintons (mostly Hillary) are die hard snakes, globalists and killers.

Thanks - I have gathered that information in my reading.

I have also gained the knowledge that Trump doesn't always believe what he says on some matters but he is playing to an audience that does want to believe and therefore vote for him.

Other world leaders from all politicalpersuasions do not like the man and I find that also hard to reconcile with what Americans (some) believe.

Help me out here Kevin, exactly what policies has he personally instituted that have benefitted all Americans.

Placid
06-29-2020, 02:56 AM
I don't need to read the book, I already know the story. And what I posted already is completely true.

No you don't need to read the book but as I have said, in the fairness of gaining balance, where does your understanding of the truth come from.

Can you advise books that are unbiased that I can read?

DemonGeminiX
06-29-2020, 03:56 AM
No you don't need to read the book but as I have said, in the fairness of gaining balance, where does your understanding of the truth come from.

Can you advise books that are unbiased that I can read?

In fairness, I live here. In the United States. It's my home. I've been here for the entire 45 years of my life. I've been highly active in American politics since the early to mid 1990s, after I graduated high school and went to college. I was once a Democrat, because my family were Democrats, but I have moved into Libertarianism/Republicanism since then. I've been paying close attention. I've been watching everything with a very close eye, looking at every piece of information that could be uncovered through live reports, news media, magazine articles - you name it, I've gotten it all live as it happened, in living color. If you can do this, and you can think for yourself, then you don't need anybody's books.

There is no such thing as an unbiased book when it comes to American politics. If there is a book that comes out with respect to a fairly recent political event, they are all trying to spin the story and convince you of their political position. They are all sheisters trying to sell you their point of view. And they are always leaving pertinent details out or blatantly misrepresenting them. The American media and everybody in it are full of shit. It's not what you know, it's what you can prove. It's not what the truth is, it's what you can convince people the truth is.

The only books about recent events that are gonna be worth a damn are the ones that are gonna be written 100+ years from now. History is the greatest equalizer. It's the greatest teacher. When we're all dead and gone, and our great great great grandchildren are being taught in schools, historians will look back at all of this stuff, sift through the garbage, and come out with the truth about what really happened. Hopefully.