PDA

View Full Version : Mike Ditka: 'If you can't respect our national anthem, get the hell out of the country'

Teh One Who Knocks
07-27-2020, 09:48 AM
By Vincent Barone - New York Post

https://i.imgur.com/JrQIlwbl.jpg

Hall of Fame NFL coach Mike Ditka said athletes who kneel during the national anthem should “get the hell out of the country.”

After strongly criticizing former NFL quarterback Colin Kaepernick and others for starting the solidarity movement with Black Lives Matter back in 2016, the Minneapolis police killing of George Floyd hasn’t changed Ditka’s outlook.

“If you can’t respect our national anthem, get the hell out of the country,” Ditka said during an interview with TMZ on Sunday.

“That’s the way I feel. Of course, I’m old fashioned,” the former broadcaster went on. “So, I’m only going to say what I feel … You don’t protest against the flag, and you don’t protest against this country who’s given you the opportunities to make a living playing a sport that you never thought would happen. So, I don’t want to hear all the crap.”

Floyd’s death on Memorial Day has sparked massive protests in cities across the country that have carried on through the summer.

As sports like the MLB and NBA return during the coronavirus pandemic, both leagues have granted players the opportunity to voice their support of the BLM movement through their uniforms and other apparel worn during warm-ups.

At the MLB’s Opening Day earlier this week, the entire rosters of the Washington Nationals and New York Yankees knelt for a minute while they clutched a single, long black cloth that stretched behind the foul lines. The teams did then rise for the anthem.

When the NFL does return, stars like Adrian Peterson said they will “without a doubt” kneel during the anthem.

President Trump, another major critic of athletes who knelt back in 2016, said last week that he hope[d] to see all professional athletes standing for the anthem this year.

“There are plenty of places you can protest,” he said during an appearance on Fox News at the time. “You don’t have to protest on the raising of our flag.”

RBP

Griffin
07-27-2020, 12:22 PM
:clap:

Hugh_Janus
07-27-2020, 09:13 PM
this should include the twats that disrespect your national anthem before the superbowl

Teh One Who Knocks
07-28-2020, 09:55 AM
By Daniel Canova | Fox News

Pittsburgh Steelers defensive end Stephon Tuitt said on Monday that he will not kneel during the national anthem this upcoming NFL season.

“Also I’m not kneeling for the flag and screw anybody who have a problem with that,” Tuitt wrote on Twitter. “My grandmother was a immigrant from the Carribean and ... worked her ass off to bring 20 people over the right way. She had no money and educated herself to be a nurse. She living good now.”
In six games last year, Tuitt finished with 22 tackles and 3.5 sacks. He missed the final 10 games of the season after tearing his pectoral.

Earlier in the offseason, Tuitt’s teammate, Cameron Heyward said that the team would protest in unity, however they choose to do so.

“I think we want to stay united in what we do and what we want to accomplish,” Heyward said during a conference call with reporters last month. “Coach T (Tomlin) always told me that if we win a Super Bowl, that's not enough for the city of Pittsburgh. We want to leave a lasting change on our community as well.”

If some of Tuitt’s teammates have different feelings about kneeling, it will be interesting to see how the Steelers approach the national anthem this upcoming season.

lost in melb.
08-04-2020, 02:52 AM
Kneel! :hitler: