PDA

View Full Version : George Floyd Hologram To Be Projected Onto Confederate Statues Throughout The South

Teh One Who Knocks
07-30-2020, 12:40 PM
By Jon Brown - The Daily Wire

https://i.imgur.com/Qio7If9l.jpg

A George Floyd hologram memorial will be touring Confederate monuments in the South after making its debut Tuesday night at the heavily graffitied statue of Confederate Gen. Robert E. Lee in Richmond, Virginia.

Members of Floyd’s family attended the public launch of the hologram, which depicts lights converging like fireflies into an image of George Floyd’s name and face. Created by the George Floyd Foundation and Change.org, the display is part of “A Monumental Change: The George Floyd Hologram Memorial Project,” which aims to “transform spaces that were formerly occupied by racist symbols of America’s dark Confederate past into a message of hope, solidarity and forward-thinking change.”
The hologram, which is actually a projection on a semi-translucent screen, will be overlaid onto Confederate monuments in five stops throughout North Carolina, Georgia, and other states, following a path roughly the same as the 1961 Freedom Rides, in which civil rights activists rode interstate buses into the South to protest racial segregation and register black voters.

According to local ABC affiliate WRIC, George Floyd’s brother, Philonise Floyd, said at the unveiling, “My brother was executed in broad daylight. They still won’t get their feet off of our necks. So, we have a problem right now because I’m not going to stop. I was a truck driver, I’m going state to state. I’ve been to Virginia before but I haven’t been here to testify for my brother.”

Floyd’s other brother, Rodney Floyd, said in a statement, “Since the death of my brother George, his face has been seen all over the world. Now by partnering with Change.org, the hologram will allow my brother’s face to be seen as a symbol for change in places where change is needed most.”

The Lee statue over which the Floyd hologram was projected is the last Confederate monument standing along the historic Monument Avenue in Richmond, the former Confederate capital. In the wake of George Floyd’s death while in Minneapolis police custody in May, protesters tore down a statue of Confederate President Jefferson Davis along the tree-lined thoroughfare, and the mayor of Richmond later ordered all Confederate statues on city property be removed on July 1. The Lee statue remains because it is on state property, and a judge temporarily blocked Democratic Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam’s order to take it down in June.

George Floyd has become a symbolic figure after a Minneapolis police officer knelt on his neck for more than eight minutes until he died. Since then, Floyd’s death has become a rallying cry for those protesting police brutality and systemic racism in demonstrations that have often degenerated into violent riots throughout the country. The ongoing violence in cities such as Portland, Oregon, has strained the relationship of state and local authorities with the federal government.

Muddy
07-30-2020, 01:26 PM
That thing was terrifying..

Teh One Who Knocks
07-30-2020, 01:29 PM
Isn't it nice to see that they are trying to make a hero/saint out of a career criminal/abuser? :)

Muddy
07-30-2020, 01:41 PM
I've disavowed Richmond at this point. They're out of control down there.. The Beautiful City of Richmond is being destroyed by about 200 people and the mayor is allowing it.

Teh One Who Knocks
07-30-2020, 03:36 PM
Is it just me or does it look like he has a HUGE freaking open mouth? :rofl:

Muddy
07-30-2020, 04:27 PM
Is it just me or does it look like he has a HUGE freaking open mouth? :rofl:

That and the "Floyd" looks like a gun pointing at his head.. :lol:

FBD
07-30-2020, 05:27 PM
So when does the world acknowledge the fentanyl overdose? :dance:

I originally figured that the dirty merc cops smeared him with enough fentanyl to kick off the race wars, but then there's that little admission from George himself about having been hoopin' (as in, carrying drugs in your ass)...but either way it doesnt really add up that he was spending the money from their counterfeiting operation and the place where it was all happening as well as the precinct that would have had any investigations on it, both places absolutely torched.

Pony
07-30-2020, 07:39 PM
So when does the world acknowledge the fentanyl overdose? :dance:

Never. It's doesn't fit the narrative.

Whats up bro!

FBD
07-30-2020, 07:46 PM
Never. It's doesn't fit the narrative.

Whats up bro!

hehehe, of course it doesnt! I would have almost expected it when it was Eric Garner, but this one was just...all too politically expedient!

good to see ya man!