PDA

View Full Version : Elementary school ‘whiteness’ lesson: Sympathizing with police is ‘racist’

Teh One Who Knocks
08-17-2020, 11:42 AM
DAVE HUBER, ASSOCIATE EDITOR - The College Fix

https://i.imgur.com/kW8Dq0n.jpg

An elementary school in one of the country’s wealthiest districts will require fourth and fifth graders to read a book which asserts sympathizing with law enforcement is “racist.”

Students at Gladwyne Elementary School in Pennsylvania’s Lower Merion School District will get “Not My Idea: A Book About Whiteness,” which also claims it’s “racist” to not watch the news and showcases Colin Kaepernick as a hero in the fight against racial injustice.

According to The Washington Free Beacon, the same curriculum uses “A Kid’s Book About Racism” for kindergartners and first graders.

It seems the four “cultural proficiency” lessons already in use by Gladwyne were deemed “insufficient” by the school’s (aptly named) Cultural Proficiency Committee. Principal Veronica Ellers noted in a June email that the school plans “to continue designing lessons that promote anti-racist actions in the upcoming 20-21 school year and beyond.”

District spokeswoman Amy Buckman added that Lower Merion “fully supports the ongoing implementation of an anti-racist curriculum in its schools.”

“A Kid’s Book About Racism” reads in part “[racism] happens all the time. Sometimes it shows up in small ways. Like a look, a comment, a question, a thought, a joke, a word, or a belief…. If you see someone being treated badly, made fun of, excluded from playing, or looked down on because of their skin color call it racism.”

One outspoken parent was angry enough about these developments to pull her children out of the school:

Elana Yaron Fishbein, a mother of two boys and a doctor of social work, penned a letter to the district’s superintendent, board members, and the school’s principal demanding the school remove its new “cultural proficiency” curriculum.

“The book teaches kids not only to defy parents but to hate themselves,” Fishbein told the Washington Free Beacon. “To hate their parents also because they are white. By default, [the kids] are white, and they’re privileged, and they’re bad. [The school] is teaching this to little kids.” …

If kindergartners can be called racist for asking questions, so can parents who question the “anti-racism” being taught to their children. Fishbein told the Free Beacon that parents privately message her echoing their disapproval of the cultural proficiency curriculum, but are scared to speak out for fear of being branded racist.

“If you say anything that’s racist according to the school or parent’s definition of racism, you’re out,” Fishbein said. “You’re called a racist. No wonder the parents don’t talk.”

According to Gladwyne’s website, the Lower Merion InterSchool Council Committee on Equity & Race will host a Zoom discussion later this month on the book “Just Mercy” by Bryan Stevenson. As founder of the Equal Justice Initiative, Stevenson looks into cases involving “wrongly convicted or harshly punished defendants from marginalized groups including juveniles, the poor, and the mentally ill.”

Despite this noble endeavor, the author believes slavery never ended after the Civil War — it “just evolved.” He told graduates at the University of Delaware just this four years ago.

More worrisome is that Gladwyne suggests Nikole Hannah-Jones’ “1619 Project” as “supplemental material” for the Stevenson discussion.

FBD
08-17-2020, 01:03 PM
Colin Kaepernick as a hero

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/charlie-murphy.gif

DemonGeminiX
08-17-2020, 04:25 PM
(fictional) Update to the article: Concerned parents take to the schools, the superintendent, and their local school boards, and when they're denied, not long after, teachers teaching this crap start to go missing. School board members and the superintendent disappear as well... all without a trace.

Muddy
08-17-2020, 05:56 PM
(fictional) Update to the article: Concerned parents take to the schools, the superintendent, and their local school boards, and when they're denied, not long after, teachers teaching this crap start to go missing. School board members and the superintendent disappear as well... all without a trace.

Pipe down, Honky.. :hand:

DemonGeminiX
08-17-2020, 07:02 PM
Pipe down, Honky.. :hand:

Back when we were kids, we knew an old racist joke involving children, one black and one white, talking about their dads, a car and a chainsaw both that made distinctive sounds.

Muddy
08-17-2020, 07:12 PM
Back when we were kids, we knew an old racist joke involving children, one black and one white, talking about their dads, a car and a chainsaw both that made distinctive sounds.

That one went over my head...

DemonGeminiX
08-17-2020, 07:14 PM
That one went over my head...

The black kid told the white kid that the black kid's dad had a car whose horn went "Honky, honky!"

Muddy
08-17-2020, 07:17 PM
The black kid told the white kid that the black kid's dad had a car whose horn went "Honkey, honkey!"

I heard someone once explain that that was the origin of the word.. A white guy would come pick up his black mistress and would not enter the black premises, so he would sit out front and honk the horn... " Hey girl, your honky is here"...

Griffin
08-17-2020, 07:21 PM
It is career day at school. Teacher says “please tell us what your father does for a living, spell it, and say what he would do if he were here with us today.”

The first boy comes up says “my name is Tony my dad is a baker, B-A-K-E-R if he were here right now he’d make a cake for the whole class”. The teacher says “that’s very good Tony take your seat.”

The next kid comes up says “my name is Michael my dad is a butcher , B-U-T-C-H-E-R, if he were here right now he would cut a steak for every single person in the classroom.” The teacher says “that’s very good please have a seat.”

The next kid comes up, a little black boy, he says “my name is Jamaal, and my daddy is an electrician, E-C-L no, E-Q-L no, E-X no,” so the teacher says, “well Jamal why don’t you sit down and think about it and we will come back to you. “

The next boy comes up and he says “my name Johnny, my dad is a bookie, B-O-O-K-I-E and if he were here right now he would give you 10 to 1 odds that nigger is never going to spell electrician!!!”

FBD
08-18-2020, 11:47 AM
:lol: