PDA

View Full Version : Australian state of Victoria eases on coronavirus restrictions after outcry

Teh One Who Knocks
08-20-2020, 09:55 AM
By Bradford Betz | Fox News

https://i.imgur.com/FZV6KTNh.jpg

The Australian state of Victoria, a hot spot of the coronavirus, backtracked Wednesday on a restriction that barred Melbourne residents from taking a short drive to a place for exercise after a fierce public backlash.

The Victoria government said residents of Australia’s second-largest city can now drive up to 3 miles from their homes to exercise.

The government further stated that anyone who has been fined for violating those prior restrictions can appeal their cases to police for review.

The government’s retreat followed a public argument between a Victoria Premier Daniel Andrews and a Melbourne resident angry that she was restricted to walking in her own neighborhood.

The state has emerged as a hotspot of COVID-19 cases in Australia. News.com.au reported Thursday 240 new cases in the previous 24 hours – up from 216 Wednesday – as well as 13 deaths.

Though overall cases are dropping, some officials have surmised that that actually may reflect a drop in testing.

Premier Daniel Andrews said Thursday the state’s lockdown is at risk of being extended.

“What we’re all trying to avoid here is that cases come down to a point where we start to think about opening up… only to be unable to do that because the test numbers are too low for us to have clarity about just how much virus is out there,” Andrews said.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

DemonGeminiX
08-20-2020, 11:54 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xk2uObQDKtw

FBD
08-20-2020, 12:00 PM
intolerable

lost in melb.
08-20-2020, 12:21 PM
I appreciate where you're coming from but I've been watching this every single day and there was never a rule against people driving within the 5 km zone to exercise.

lost in melb.
08-20-2020, 10:02 PM
there we go motherfukers. When the members of a society co-operate with each other for the common good

https://i.ibb.co/bNxWk4L/Screenshot-20200821-075631-Chrome-Beta.jpg (https://ibb.co/2cwnTzP)

DemonGeminiX
08-20-2020, 10:15 PM
I'd just like to say that I've had that RATM song stuck in my head ever since I posted it this morning.

lost in melb.
08-20-2020, 10:17 PM
I'd just like to say that I've had that RATM song stuck in my head ever since I posted it this morning.

Corona doesn't care about your individual liberties :slap:

DemonGeminiX
08-20-2020, 10:20 PM
Corona doesn't care about your individual liberties :slap:

[-(

Well in that case, I'll never buy the beer again.

FBD
08-21-2020, 12:24 PM
there we go motherfukers. When the members of a society co-operate with each other for the common good

:lol: 99% of our covid problem over here is that traitors introduced this as a weapon against trump and need high ded and infected counts as an excuse to require mail in ballot. its ALL about the election ;) you think they murder 3'd all those nursing home patients just so that they wouldnt have to pay medicare benefits for em or something? :dance:

lost in melb.
08-21-2020, 02:46 PM
Dude, seriously you've gotta find a different word for peeps that don't like Trump than 'traitors' :roll:

the rest of your argument is an expulsion out of the Blue Lagoon. deeps breaths!

:bong:

FBD
08-21-2020, 03:26 PM
I try to reserve the word traitors for those who are traitors and have taken concrete and willful steps against the United States and its citizens. e.g. Cuomo signing those orders to send covid patients into nursing homes and then telling them they have no choice they must take them in, is murderous treason against america because the move was designed to inflate the death counts so that lockdowns may be had and thus rationale to make people stay home and mass mail in ballot the election - this is the ONLY way that the democrats can win 2020.

Information warz! This isnt about them simply "not liking Trump" - this is about them doing what they're told to save their own asses as the deep state tries to get out of the pig trap its caught in. Aus was a 5eyes country, yall lazy butts are in this, too!