PDA

View Full Version : Callous supermarket bosses STAY OPEN when employee drops dead and use umbrellas to cover corpse

Teh One Who Knocks
08-21-2020, 10:02 AM
By Jon Lockett - The Irish Sun

https://i.imgur.com/dTGOcvZ.jpg

A SUPERMARKET worker dropped dead in the aisles but his callous bosses kept the store OPEN after covering his corpse with umbrellas.

Sales manager Manoel Moisés Cavalcante, 59, suffered a huge heart attack while working in a Carrefour in Brazil’s northeastern state of Recife.

Colleagues desperately tried to save his life but he passed away in front of horrified shoppers.

However, instead of closing the bustling store, staff continued to serve customers after covering the body with three umbrellas and surrounding it with cardboard boxes.

The shocking incident happened on August 14 but has only just come to light following a deluge of criticism on social media.

Carrefour Brasil has now apologised by admitting its handling of the outrageous incident was inappropriate.

“The company erred in not closing the store immediately after what happened to await the funeral service, as well as in not finding the correct way to look after the body,” it said.

https://i.imgur.com/YfGuH0r.jpg
Sales manager Manoel Moisés Cavalcante, 59, suffered a huge heart attack while working in a Carrefour

According to Carrefour, the man was a sales manager who fell ill inside the store.

First aid was given and an ambulance was immediately called, the supermarket giant says.

After Cavalcante died, Carrefour insisted it “followed guidelines to not remove the body from its place.”

The local subsidiary of France’s Carrefour SA, one of the largest retail chains in Brazil, said it has now changed its guidelines to include the closure of the store in future similar cases.

“We apologise to the family and stand ready to support them in whatever way necessary,” Carrefour said in its statement.

This is not the first controversy surrounding the way Carrefour handles incidents in its stores in Brazil.

In 2018, a security guard at a store in the state of Sao Paulo killed a street dog after striking it with a metal bar, a case that caused revulsion on social media and with animal welfare groups.

DemonGeminiX
08-21-2020, 10:09 AM
This is one of those things that you shouldn't have had to wait for it to happen before instituting a policy to cover it. Bad form dude.

Griffin
08-21-2020, 10:42 AM
That'll be my luck... die within arms reach of all that Heineken :meh:

FBD
08-21-2020, 12:05 PM
I'm sorry but if I were shoppin gin a supermarket and an employee dropped dead, I would NOT want to be told sorry we're closing and you cant check out that cart of groceries you've just been amassing for the past 45 minutes - I would want them to cover up the body while they wait for the ambolance and let me check the fuck out!

PorkChopSandwiches
08-24-2020, 03:50 PM
I'm sorry but if I were shoppin gin a supermarket and an employee dropped dead, I would NOT want to be told sorry we're closing and you cant check out that cart of groceries you've just been amassing for the past 45 minutes - I would want them to cover up the body while they wait for the ambolance and let me check the fuck out!

Exactly, what can you do but wait for it to be collected.