PDA

View Full Version : Kim Jong Un in coma, sister set to take control, South Korean ex-diplomat alleges

Teh One Who Knocks
08-24-2020, 10:28 AM
By Bradford Betz | Fox News

https://i.imgur.com/jeSqjHt.png

A South Korean diplomat is speculating that North Korean leader Kim Jong Un has fallen into a coma and that his sister, Kim Yo Jong, is poised to take the rogue nation's reins.

Chang Song-min, a former aide to South Korea’s late president Kim Dae-jung, made the sensational claims to South Korean media, according to the New York Post.

Chang suggested that Kim is in a coma, “but his life has not ended.”

“A complete succession structure has not been formed, so Kim Yo-jong is being brought to the fore as the vacuum cannot be maintained for a prolonged period.”

Chang’s allegation comes just days after South Korea’s spy agency said the North’s 36-year-old leader had delegated part of his authority to his close aides, including his younger sister, the Yonhap News Agency reported.

In a private meeting with lawmakers last week, South Korea’s National Intelligence Service said that “Kim Yo-jong, the first vice department director of the Workers’ Party Central Committee, is steering overall state affairs on the delegation,” though Kim her brother still maintains “absolute authority.”

Still, doubt lingers as to the veracity of the diplomat’s claims. Nor was it the first time that Kim’s prolonged absence from the public spotlight has fueled speculation about his health.

In April, reports circulated that the leader of the Hermit Kingdom had had heart surgery after he was not seen in public for nearly three weeks. The North Korean government never explained Kim’s absence, including why he missed a commemoration that celebrated the 108th birthday of his late grandfather, North Korea founder Kim Il Sung.

After a video was released showing Kim moving around during the completion of a fertilizer factory near Pyongyang, a South Korean government official told Fox News that “our government believes” there was no indication that a medical procedure had occurred.

Griffin
08-24-2020, 10:31 AM
This should be good. I've read she makes him look like a boyscout.

FBD
08-24-2020, 12:15 PM
Yeah ol Kim getting ready to execute leakers of information again :lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
08-24-2020, 03:01 PM
Didnt he already die 6 months ago

Muddy
08-24-2020, 03:02 PM
This should be good. I've read she makes him look like a boyscout.

Yeah I've read that she is a flaming cunt.

FBD
08-24-2020, 03:04 PM
Didnt he already die 6 months ago

yeah he's probably pulling another trumpian put some info out there to a known crowd and see who leaks it

Teh One Who Knocks
08-25-2020, 10:17 AM
By Bruce Golding - New York Post

https://i.imgur.com/J8FJh6jl.jpg

North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un’s sister could be the Hermit Kingdom’s most brutal leader if she succeeds him, experts told The Post on Monday.

Kim Yo Jong, 32, appeared poised to take the reins of power amid a claim that her older brother has been in a coma for months and his recent public appearances have been staged.

“I haven’t seen any evidence, any indication of how she might rule, but my speculation — given the reputation and history of the family — is that she would rule with an iron fist,” retired US Army Col. David Maxwell said.

Maxwell, who co-authored the Pentagon’s original 1999 contingency plan with South Korea for the collapse of the North’s regime, noted there was widespread speculation that Kim Jong Un “would be more open to the outside word” when he succeeded his father, Kim Jong Il, in 2011.

“That hasn’t been borne out,” said Maxwell, now a senior fellow at the Foundation for Defense of Democracies.

“I think we have to assume that every successor is worse than the last.”

Maxwell also noted that the report regarding Kim Jong Un’s health was “coming from speculation from one former diplomat” — Chang Song-min, a former aide to late South Korean President Kim Dae-jung — adding, “We haven’t seen any evidence that something’s happened.

https://i.imgur.com/y0agQMZl.jpg

Sung-Yoon Lee, a professor at Tufts University’s Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy, also flatly rejected the claim, calling it a “rehashing of a false assertion” that first surfaced in April when the reclusive leader disappeared from public view for three weeks.

“At the same time, clearly there has been a contingency plan rolled out since early March to bolster Kim Yo Jong’s credentials and have her, if and when necessary, to seize the reins of power should Kim Jong Un become incapacitated,” he said.

Lee described Kim Yo Jong as “ambitious and smart,” adding that she “does cast a softer feminine glow on the brutish facade of her regime.”

But if she does take power, Lee said, the nature of the regime “demands she be ruthless, especially in the first few years.”

“The way for her to build up her credibility and net worth, that is, the way for her to get respect, is not to play nice but be a cruel dictator to her people and a credible nuclear threat to the US,” he said.

“She may prove herself fiercer and more tyrannical than her brother, father, or grandfather.”

Kim Yo Jong “seems to be a hard-liner on South Korea and the United States” and “there’s no signs of her as a reformer,” said Victor Cha, who was a director for Asian affairs at the National Security Council during the administration of former President George W. Bush.

Her possible succession would likely be accompanied by missile launches or some other “sort of provation to establish her credibility, both domestically and internationally,” as well as purges in the government “to get people loyal to her in key positions,” said Cha, now a senior adviser and Korea chair at the Center for Strategic and International Studies.

But a wild card in the deck is the Kim siblings’ uncle, Kim Pyong Il, who last year returned to North Korea after serving as a diplomat across Europe, Cha said.

https://i.imgur.com/5akEyFbl.jpg

“It’s not clear if the sister and uncle would work together or if they would be competing,” he said.

“It starts to sound like ‘The Sopranos,’ but he’s been out of the country for like decades, because the father and the uncle competed with each other, so he got sent away.”

Bruce Bennett, an international/defense researcher at the RAND Corp., said that “most of what we’ve seen from” Kim Yo Jong involved “serving her brother,” including “bringing him an ashtray, providing him a pen — things that were quite menial in nature.”

“But her father in 2002 said she was really anxious to have a major role in politics,” Bennett said.

“She’s been gaining that this year.”

In April, a report from South Korea’s National Assembly Research Service said, “From early this year, Yo-jong has received the spotlight for active roles, including announcing official messages to South Korea and the US, standing in for Jong-un.”

https://i.imgur.com/XsHETxD.jpg
Kim Il Sung (from left), Kim Jong Il, Kim Jong Un and Kim Yo Jong

Meanwhile, Maxwell said it was unlikely that Kim Yo Jong was behind the reported roundup of pet dogs from Pyongyang’s elite earlier this month.

“If [Kim Jong Un is] still alive, I am certain he is making the decisions and she is not acting on her own because the system does not allow that,” he said.

Maxwell also said that while “South Korea has largely abandoned the eating of dogs,” the reason for confiscation of canines in the north was obvious.

“It’s clear they have a food problem,” he said.

Lee questioned the veracity of the reported seizures, noting that it was “based on a single unnamed source,” but said that, if true, “the order must have come from either Kim Jong Un or his sister.”

“No one else [would] have the authority to issue an order that would irk many residents of Pyongyang who own pet dogs,” he said.

“Their father, Kim Jong Il, had a Maltese pet dog he dearly loved!”

FBD
08-25-2020, 12:14 PM
I'll betcha someone gets cannoned over this :lol:

lost in melb.
08-25-2020, 12:53 PM
P.s. as an aside they rounded up pet dogs in Pyongyang for eating recently. Kid you not

FBD
08-25-2020, 12:57 PM
P.s. as an aside they rounded up pet dogs in Pyongyang for eating recently. Kid you not

Is there any actual evidence of this, or is this just another NK bad mkay meme?

Teh One Who Knocks
08-25-2020, 01:00 PM
N. Korea rounds up pets due to national food shortage: report (https://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/ny-north-korea-rounds-up-dogs-pets-food-20200817-7jtxc6auxbbxtpxclz2h4grvva-story.html)

lost in melb.
08-25-2020, 01:00 PM
Is there any actual evidence of this, or is this just another NK bad mkay meme?

You could always Google and find out. But they may not have it on 4chan :-k

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxnews.com/world/kim-jong-un-orders-pet-dogs-confiscated.amp

lost in melb.
08-25-2020, 01:01 PM
N. Korea rounds up pets due to national food shortage: report (https://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/ny-north-korea-rounds-up-dogs-pets-food-20200817-7jtxc6auxbbxtpxclz2h4grvva-story.html)

:dance:

FBD
08-25-2020, 02:04 PM
:dance:

:-k
http://english.hani.co.kr/arti/english_edition/e_national/931485.html

Also presented that day was a list of the “10 worst Chosun Ilbo reports of the past 100 years” compiled by Citizens’ Action with the group Citizens’ Coalition for Democratic Media. The list included praise for the imperial Japanese family, large-scale celebration of the Japanese Emperor’s birthday, support for Park Chung-hee’s Yushin dictatorship, praise for Gwangju massacre perpetrator Chun Doo-hwan, concealment of a sexual torture and human rights violation incident in Bucheon, and false reporting on the Peace Dam.

DemonGeminiX
08-25-2020, 02:15 PM

I wonder if Kim Yo-Jong takes it in her ass?

Griffin
08-25-2020, 02:27 PM
I bet she wears a strap on.

Teh One Who Knocks
08-25-2020, 10:07 PM

I wonder if Kim Yo-Jong takes it in her ass?
I bet she wears a strap on.Look at the expression on her face in all the photos, that chick hasn't ever had sex because of she had, she wouldn't be wound that tight.

Griffin
08-25-2020, 10:24 PM
That's the look of a woman that never takes out her Ben Wa balls.

DemonGeminiX
08-25-2020, 10:27 PM
Look at the expression on her face in all the photos, that chick hasn't ever had sex because of she had, she wouldn't be wound that tight.

According to wikipedia, she's married and has kids.

PorkChopSandwiches
08-27-2020, 07:19 PM
According to wikipedia, she's married and has kids.

Fake News :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
08-31-2020, 11:42 AM
By Michael Moran - The Daily Star

https://i.imgur.com/HY8PL1q.jpg

The fascinating soap opera of North Korean politics has taken another turn as experts have begun to speculate that Kim Jong-un's powerful sister Yo-jong may be under threat from the secretive state ’s leader,

Kim Yo-jong has not been seen in public since July 27. She had been widely tipped to take the reins after her brother took a number of long absences from day-to-day duties – widely interpreted as signs of his ill-health.

But after international reports of Yo-jong being her brother’s “second in command” and the “heir apparent” to leadership some Korea-watchers are saying that she may now have become too powerful – and that Kim may have taken action against her.

Professor Nam Sung-wook, of Korea University in Seoul, told The Chosun Ilbo : “In the past, anyone was deprived of their position the moment they were described as the number two person in the North.

“There must be a semblance of checks and balances, although Kim Yo-jong is a family member.”

Being a family member is no guarantee of safety. Kim Jong-nam, Kim Jong-un’s half-brother, was killed by assassins using VX nerve agent at Kuala Lumpur International Airport, Malaysia in 2017.

https://i.imgur.com/3OZ9WUv.jpg

While it’s not confirmed that that the North Korean secret service was behind the hit, four of the assassins fled to Pyongyang which implies that the killing was officially sanctioned.

Kim Jong-un's uncle Jang Song-thaek was executed by firing squad in 2013 for crimes against the state.

Prof Nam says that Kim Yo-jong might have voluntarily retreated from the limelight because she became aware that her position might threaten her brother.

But Sung-Yoon Lee, a professor at Tufts University’s Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy, sys Kim's sister is being groomed for ultimate power in Pyongyang.

“The way for her to build up her credibility and net worth, that is, the way for her to get respect, is not to play nice but be a cruel dictator to her people and a credible nuclear threat to the US,” he told the New York Post.

“She may prove herself fiercer and more tyrannical than her brother, father, or grandfather.”

lost in melb.
08-31-2020, 12:34 PM
:popcorn:

FBD
08-31-2020, 12:57 PM
http://english.hani.co.kr/arti/english_edition/e_national/931485.html

anything about NK coming from these guys can be considered suspect