PDA

View Full Version : Woman 'snakes out' after seeing boyfriend sleeping with her sister

Teh One Who Knocks
02-14-2011, 10:24 PM
By: Mark Stodghill, Duluth News Tribune

http://i.imgur.com/d7C1d.jpg

A Duluth woman accused of stabbing her sister in the face with a piece of wood reportedly told police that the fight started when she woke up and found her boyfriend and her sister sleeping together and she “snaked out” and began to attack both with a baseball bat.

Stephanie Lynn Mattinas, 26, was charged in St. Louis County District Court on Thursday with first-degree assault for allegedly inflicting great bodily harm on her sister and three counts of second-degree assault. She’s accused of assaulting her sister with an 8-inch wood molding fragment and of assaulting her boyfriend with a baseball bat in the incident about 4 p.m. Tuesday in an apartment on the 100 block of West Fourth Street.

Police were dispatched to the address on a report of two females fighting in an upstairs apartment. A man who lived an apartment below said the fight caused pictures and other items to be knocked off of his walls.

A responding officer found broken bottles and glass all over the living room floor where part of the fight took place. A bedroom door appeared to have been kicked off its hinges. The 24-year-old sister of the defendant was found on the floor with her face covered in blood. She had a large stab wound on her left cheek with what appeared to be a piece of trim board, about 8 inches long, sticking out of her face.

The victim said she was beaten by her sister. She said she was punched about 15 times with a closed fist and then stabbed with the piece of wood. She was transported by ambulance to Essentia Health St. Mary’s Medical Center, where the wood had to be surgically removed.

Mattinas told officers that she repeatedly hit her boyfriend with the bat and pushed him out the back door.

An officer reported that Mattinas took a preliminary breath test and had a breath-alcohol level of more than three times the legal limit to drive.

Mattinas was transported to police headquarters. An officer saw several small splinters in both of her hands, consistent with having handled a piece of wood similar to the one lodged in her sister’s face.

The defendant has prior convictions for domestic assault, theft of a motor vehicle and for purchasing alcohol for a person younger than 21. She is being held in the St. Louis County Jail on $75,000 bail.

pepo
02-15-2011, 12:15 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Deepsepia
02-15-2011, 05:19 AM
By: Mark Stodghill, Duluth News Tribune

http://i.imgur.com/d7C1d.jpg

A Duluth woman accused of stabbing her sister in the face with a piece of wood .

Yes, I can see where she got hit in the face . . . I'd have thought a shovel, but if they say "wood", then sure.

Godfather
02-15-2011, 05:41 AM
That's one point Minnesota :lol:

I think we should start a tall yover where the crazy stories come from....