PDA

View Full Version : Report: NBPA in Talks with Players About Possible Boycott of Playoff Games

Teh One Who Knocks
08-26-2020, 04:37 PM
JOSEPH ZUCKER - Bleacher Report

https://i.imgur.com/QZTPqnG.jpg

The National Basketball Players Association's executive committee is discussing the possibility of boycotting games after the shooting of Jacob Blake, according to Yahoo Sports' Chris Haynes.

"An assembly, organized by players who are emotionally traumatized by the latest police-involved shooting of an African American that was captured on video, was held Tuesday night at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort, sources said, and there were multiple conversations about what actions could be taken throughout the day."

Some players have reached out to the executive committee to say they aren't "in the right frame of mind to play basketball," Haynes reported.

The Undefeated's Marc J. Spears reported members of the Boston Celtics and Toronto Raptors met to discuss a potential boycott of their opening game of the Eastern Conference Semifinals on Thursday:
Raptors head coach Nick Nurse confirmed players met on Tuesday night and said a boycott is "on the table."

"There are still issues on the table here that they are working through," he added.
Police in Kenosha, Wisconsin, arrived at a reported domestic disturbance on Sunday. A video showed Blake walking to the driver's side door of a gray SUV with two officers following him with their guns drawn. One officer grabbed Blake's tank top before seven shots are heard.

Ben Crump, an attorney representing Blake's family, said Blake was originally at the scene to break up a fight between two women.

Blake survived, but his family said he's paralyzed from the waist down and had internal organ damage, per the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel's Ashley Luthern.

While the NBA has emphasized social justice causes since restarting the 2019-20 season, Sports Illustrated's Chris Mannix reported in June how some players were worried the return of games would take some focus away from the nationwide protests against police brutality and systemic racism.

Milwaukee Bucks guard George Hill brought that topic up with reporters Monday, per Spears:
Raptors guard Fred VanVleet told reporters Tuesday he had wondered whether a boycott might be necessary to force more significant remedies for issues of social justice.

According to Haynes, the union indicated to its members that it would support any players who boycotted games.

Teh One Who Knocks
08-26-2020, 04:37 PM
"An assembly, organized by players who are emotionally traumatized by the latest police-involved shooting of an African American that was captured on video, was held Tuesday night at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort, sources said, and there were multiple conversations about what actions could be taken throughout the day."

"Emotionally traumatized" :roll:

FBD
08-26-2020, 04:51 PM
:lol: everyone who played basketball around me growing up was a cunt

DemonGeminiX
08-26-2020, 04:57 PM
Go ahead, boycott them. I don't watch your pansy asses anyway.

Muddy
08-26-2020, 08:54 PM
Fuck the NBA with the support of a Marxist organization.

Teh One Who Knocks
08-26-2020, 09:27 PM
And all the playoff games that were scheduled for today are postponed because the teams are boycotting them. The Milwaukee Bucks started it today by not even showing up for the game nor telling anyone they weren't coming.

The NBA needs to cancel the rest of the season, send the teams home, and not play any of the players.

Griffin
08-26-2020, 09:35 PM
They're paid ridiculous amounts of money to play a fucking game. The owners need to stand together and tell them to do their virtue signaling on their own time or get a real job.

Teh One Who Knocks
08-26-2020, 10:03 PM
They're paid ridiculous amounts of money to play a fucking game. The owners need to stand together and tell them to do their virtue signaling on their own time or get a real job.But you know that the owners won't do anything to step out of line and upset the terrorists BLM. FFS the NBA fined one team official (from Houston I think it was) for condemning China's treatment of the Hong Kong protesters. The NBA keeps in lockstep with the SJW's and the PC Police.

Teh One Who Knocks
08-26-2020, 10:13 PM
And now the Milwaukee Brewers are refusing to play their scheduled game tonite to protest the shooting :roll:

FBD
08-27-2020, 12:03 PM
They're paid ridiculous amounts of money to play a fucking game. The owners need to stand together and tell them to do their virtue signaling on their own time or get a real job.

and if the owners are down with the virtue signaling and dont really care if they play the rest of the season?

PorkChopSandwiches
08-27-2020, 07:02 PM
This worked out well for the NFL

Muddy
08-27-2020, 07:30 PM
This worked out well for the NFL

I pissed off some bar owners last week.. They had on an NBA game and I asked them if they would change the channel, they asked me why. I told them "I was sick of having black lives matter shoved up my ass in my free time." :lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
08-27-2020, 08:13 PM
:rofl: