PDA

View Full Version : Michelle Obama: Whites Don’t Acknowledge Non-Whites Exist Or They See Them As A Threat

Teh One Who Knocks
08-31-2020, 10:35 AM
By Emily Zanotti - The Daily Wire

https://i.imgur.com/61lWU0jl.jpg

Speaking on her eponymous podcast on an episode titled, “The Gift Of Girlfriends,” former First Lady Michelle Obama stated that white people either don’t acknowledge black people exist, or they see them as a threat.

Prior to those comments, Obama and her guests, including Denielle Pemberton-Heard, the CEO of STEMconnector, briefly discussed the incident in Central Park in Manhattan last May in which a white woman named Amy Cooper walking her dog wound up calling the cops on a black man, Christian Cooper, who was birdwatching, an incident which was explained cogently by Robert George in the New York Daily News. George, who is black, assigned some blame to both sides in the incident.

Michelle Obama, whose memoir “Becoming” was reported in November 2019 to have sold over 11.5 million copies, making it one of the best selling memoirs of all time, stated, “That incident in Central Park, which infuriated all of us, as we watched it, it was not unfamiliar. This is what the white community doesn’t understand about being a person of color in this nation, is that there are daily slights — in our workplaces, where people talk over you, or people don’t even see you.”

“Denielle and I, when the girls were little, this is when I was First Lady,” Obama continued. “I am Michelle Obama, the First Lady of the United States of America, and we had just finished taking the girls to a soccer game, we were stopping to get ice cream, and I had told the Secret Service to stand back because we were trying to be normal, trying to go in. It was Haagen-Daaz, wasn’t it?”

Pemberton-Heard: “Exactly. Haagen-Daaz.”

Obama: “And there was a line, and once again, when I am just a black woman, I notice that white people don’t even see me. They’re not even looking at me. So I’m standing there with two little black girls, another black female adult, they’re in soccer uniforms, and a white woman cuts right in front of us to order. Like she didn’t even see us. And the girl behind the counter almost took her order. And I had to stand up, ’cause I know Danielle is like, ‘Well, I’m not gonna cause a scene with Michelle Obama.’”

Pemberton: “That’s exactly right; it was like, mm-hm.”

Obama concluded, “So I stepped up, and I said, ‘Excuse me?’ I was like, ‘You don’t see us four people standing right here, you just jumped in line?’ She didn’t apologize; she never looked me in my eye; she didn’t know it was me. All she saw was a black person, or a group of black people, or maybe she didn’t even see that because we were that invisible. I can tell you a number of stories like that when I’ve been completely incognito, during the eight years in the White House, walking the dogs on the canal, people will come up and pet my dogs but will not look me in the eye. They don’t know it’s me. What white folks don’t understand, it’s like, that is so telling of how white America views people who are not like them. You know, we don’t exist. And when we do exist, we exist as a threat. And that, that’s exhausting.”

DemonGeminiX
08-31-2020, 10:36 AM
Fuck off, you racist cunt.

Teh One Who Knocks
08-31-2020, 10:43 AM
Blacks can't be racist :nono:

DemonGeminiX
08-31-2020, 10:46 AM
Blacks can't be racist :nono:

:-s

Then how come she's so good at being racist?

lost in melb.
08-31-2020, 10:51 AM
She is fairly recounting an experience that is common for blacks in America, even now. She may be overly sensitive but I don't believe it makes her a racist

Goofy
08-31-2020, 10:58 AM
Why did you post a picture of an empty room? :confused:

Teh One Who Knocks
08-31-2020, 11:08 AM
Why did you post a picture of an empty room? :confused:

:racist:

FBD
08-31-2020, 11:41 AM
chewbacca is racist

Goofy
08-31-2020, 12:25 PM
:racist:
:shrug:

Griffin
08-31-2020, 01:58 PM
Still the antagonist for a race war like her 8 years in the white house.

lost in melb.
08-31-2020, 02:14 PM
Still the antagonist for a race war like her 8 years in the white house.

Hardly race war material :-s

Pretending it doesn't exist (the opposite pole) has clearly been a failure as well. But try telling that to DGX.

FBD
08-31-2020, 03:16 PM

Pretending it doesn't exist (the opposite pole) has clearly been a failure as well. But try telling that to DGX.

man, we all got raised pretty much that racism is bad and everyone's generally equal. we grew up with that and accepted it, only to have race baiting motherfuckers continually tell us how we're racist and have privilege because of racism and every little last jab to basically try and re-racist us.

I put up that Booker T Washington quote for a reason, these fuckfaces dont want racism to end because they'll be out of a cause and out of a raison d'etre

PorkChopSandwiches
08-31-2020, 04:05 PM
man, we all got raised pretty much that racism is bad and everyone's generally equal. we grew up with that and accepted it, only to have race baiting motherfuckers continually tell us how we're racist and have privilege because of racism and every little last jab to basically try and re-racist us.

I put up that Booker T Washington quote for a reason, these fuckfaces dont want racism to end because they'll be out of a cause and out of a raison d'etre

Obama was elected president....that should tell you enough about how racist we are

FBD
08-31-2020, 04:11 PM
Obama was selected president....that should tell you enough about how racist we are

obama's "election" glowed

https://archive-media-0.nyafuu.org/bant/image/1565/56/1565565075550.jpg

Muddy
08-31-2020, 04:18 PM
Michelle Obama why don't you go crawl back underneath a rock you f****** divisive racist

Pony
08-31-2020, 04:23 PM
She is fairly recounting an experience that is common for blacks in America, even now. She may be overly sensitive but I don't believe it makes her a racist

So she had an experience that caused her to judge and comment on an entire race.

Even if you had dozens of experiences it's still racist to judge all based on the actions of those you happened to have bad dealings with.

DemonGeminiX
08-31-2020, 04:47 PM

She's been openly blaming us white people for the piss poor choices that "underprivileged" black people have made for themselves throughout her tenure as First Lady and beyond. Recall that she blamed white people for "White Flight" from neighborhoods that were growing worse, implying that it was white people leaving that were making it worse, but that's not how it really works. As neighborhoods get worse, sensible people leave for greener pastures. Sure, that may allow worse people to move in in their place, but if bad people weren't moving in to begin with, maybe the sensible people wouldn't have left to begin with. It's hard to stay in a place that's falling apart around you when you have the means to leave, regardless of the ethnicity of the people that are causing the trouble.

This is the second time in 24 hours that you're accusing me of something that I am not responsible for. I am not pretending something does not exist. I am telling you that what you believe and what Michelle Obama believes is wrong. She's misplacing the blame. If a group of people sees another group of people as a threat, it's because of past experiences with that other group. Shall we post the crime statistics with respect to ethnic demographics again? She grew up in a tumultuous time, but what she believes is happening today doesn't match with what's actually happening. Her opinions are shaped by her own biases.

No one is holding black people down. They're holding themselves down. The few that aren't holding themselves down go on to be quite respectable and successful. The rest make shitty choices that lead to shitty people living shitty lives making shitty excuses for their shitty decisions.

Muddy
08-31-2020, 04:58 PM
She's been openly blaming us white people for the piss poor choices that "underprivileged" black people have made for themselves throughout her tenure as First Lady and beyond. Recall that she blamed white people for "White Flight" from neighborhoods that were growing worse, implying that it was white people leaving that were making it worse, but that's not how it really works. As neighborhoods get worse, sensible people leave for greener pastures. Sure, that may allow worse people to move in in their place, but if bad people weren't moving in to begin with, maybe the sensible people wouldn't have left to begin with. It's hard to stay in a place that's falling apart around you when you have the means to leave, regardless of the ethnicity of the people that are causing the trouble.

And the flip side of that is if you try and come into the area being white you get accused of gentrification. There's absolutely no winning with these cry baby people..

FBD
08-31-2020, 05:17 PM
and this is all before we even get to the fraud she committed while a hospital executive

DemonGeminiX
08-31-2020, 09:55 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gw7WTfK_3-8

lost in melb.
08-31-2020, 11:17 PM
So she had an experience that caused her to judge and comment on an entire race.

Even if you had dozens of experiences it's still racist to judge all based on the actions of those you happened to have bad dealings with.

Maybe. I'm not agreeing this is 100%, but there is something in what you say

This is the second time in 24 hours that you're accusing me of something that I am not responsible for. I am not pretending something does not exist. I am telling you that what you believe and what Michelle Obama believes is wrong. She's misplacing the blame. If a group of people sees another group of people as a threat, it's because of past experiences with that other group. Shall we post the crime statistics with respect to ethic demographics again? She grew up in a tumultuous time, but what she believes is happening today doesn't match with what's actually happening. Her opinions are shaped by her own biases.

No one is holding black people down. They're holding themselves down. The few that aren't holding themselves down go on to be quite respectable and successful. The rest make shitty choices that lead to shitty people living shitty lives making shitty excuses for their shitty decisions.

I was making a light dig because sometimes you can be quite explosive about this...

I'll be honest, I moved from an inner suburban apartment to an inner inner suburban house due to the noise, chaos and confusion of large 'ethnic' families cramming into small dwellings. When I confronted my neighbour upstairs about coming home at midnight and the entire family having noisy dinner until 1 a.m. (small children and all) he aggressively accused me of cultural discrimination.

But that was my experience. It's hard to pinpoint what really underlies white flight. perhaps encouraging people just to hang a bit longer, maybe their black Neighbours won't be as disturbing as they are allegedly preconceiving or they'll settle. I don't know...

I think what perhaps delegitimizes Obama more than anything is not that she's a 'racist' but that she's had the opportunity of being able to flee to a privileged neighbourhood herself. Not practicing what she's preaching

KevinD
09-01-2020, 12:32 AM
I can relate why my "white flight" took place. Remember my wife is Native American, Lower Brule Sioux to be exact. I grew up in southwest Houston, Sharpstown, a suburb built for Nasa folks (and others). When I was a kid it was normal to be over at friends late, eat dinner, etc, and ride my bike home. Yes my parents (mostly) knew where I was. Transitioning into middle school, the neighborhood started going downhill, mostly due to low rent apartments built, and what used to be single family homes turning into rentals. Into high school it got worse, but it was mostly still safe. Minorities predominantly preyed upon themselves. I moved out of Houston summer of my sophomore year. After hisgh school, and a short stint in the Air Force, I moved back to SW Houston, though not in Sharpstown itself. My, my, my, how things had changed. There were regula5shootings at the mall, schools, etc and gang fights often. I moved into a sketchy low rent apartment near my night college. Along the way I met a crazy nice gal who for some reason liked me.. After she moved in, we decided to move out of the area (she had lived further out in the burbs) I got a job out of town in my career field, so we both agreed to move to the small town near my work. After she got pregnant, we talked long and hard (she was missing the better things Houston offered) and decided to move even more out to the country. The community wasn't even incorporated. We've talked over the years about moving back, but both agree that even though the kids are grown, no way. Its only an hour or so to Houston, so we can still enjoy the benefits of a big city, without having to live there.

KevinD
09-01-2020, 12:32 AM
Wow. 40 years in a nutshell.

DemonGeminiX
09-01-2020, 12:36 AM
I just noticed the spelling error as well. Touché.

DemonGeminiX
09-01-2020, 12:39 AM
I can relate why my "white flight" took place. Remember my wife is Native American, Lower Brule Sioux to be exact. I grew up in southwest Houston, Sharpstown, a suburb built for Nasa folks (and others). When I was a kid it was normal to be over at friends late, eat dinner, etc, and ride my bike home. Yes my parents (mostly) knew where I was. Transitioning into middle school, the neighborhood started going downhill, mostly due to low rent apartments built, and what used to be single family homes turning into rentals. Into high school it got worse, but it was mostly still safe. Minorities predominantly preyed upon themselves. I moved out of Houston summer of my sophomore year. After hisgh school, and a short stint in the Air Force, I moved back to SW Houston, though not in Sharpstown itself. My, my, my, how things had changed. There were regula5shootings at the mall, schools, etc and gang fights often. I moved into a sketchy low rent apartment near my night college. Along the way I met a crazy nice gal who for some reason liked me.. After she moved in, we decided to move out of the area (she had lived further out in the burbs) I got a job out of town in my career field, so we both agreed to move to the small town near my work. After she got pregnant, we talked long and hard (she was missing the better things Houston offered) and decided to move even more out to the country. The community wasn't even incorporated. We've talked over the years about moving back, but both agree that even though the kids are grown, no way. Its only an hour or so to Houston, so we can still enjoy the benefits of a big city, without having to live there.

I often romanticize Philadelphia, my birth city, but honestly, you couldn't pay me to live there today. I don't see how my relatives who still live there can stand it.

Teh One Who Knocks
09-01-2020, 09:41 AM

Being completely honest, when she was First Lady, do you really think that nobody would have recognized her? Especially in the DC area? Even more especially with a gaggle of Secret Service outside? Sure, she says she told them to "stand back" in her words, but do you think the agents in her detail would have stood back far enough to let her or her kids out of their sight?

I'm sorry, but this story on its face sounds completely made up.

lost in melb.
09-01-2020, 11:53 AM
Being completely honest, when she was First Lady, do you really think that nobody would have recognized her? Especially in the DC area? Even more especially with a gaggle of Secret Service outside? Sure, she says she told them to "stand back" in her words, but do you think the agents in her detail would have stood back far enough to let her or her kids out of their sight?

I'm sorry, but this story on its face sounds completely made up.

I don't know if she would do that, to be honest. I wonder if people kind of froze or panicked having her so close. Didn't want to look her in the eye. Having someone so powerful stand so close to you can be pretty overwhelming. I'd say that's the more likely scenario. It can be lonely the top and she misinterpreted

lost in melb.
09-01-2020, 11:56 AM
Plus, she looks kind of scary tbh. She doesn't have a friendly approachable face.

Teh One Who Knocks
09-01-2020, 11:56 AM
I don't know if she would do that, to be honest. I wonder if people kind of froze or panicked having her so close. Didn't want to look her in the eye. Having someone so powerful stand so close to you can be pretty overwhelming. I'd say that's the more likely scenario. It can be lonely the top and she misinterpreted

She's claiming that some woman, that she makes sure to point out is white, cut in front of her like she wasn't even there? I'm sorry, she was (at the time) the First Lady and EVERYONE would have recognized her and not a single person would have been averting their eyes from her. They would have been fawning all over her. Trying to get selfies with her, asking her questions, exchanging pleasantries. No one would have acted like she wasn't even there.

lost in melb.
09-01-2020, 12:28 PM
I can't account for it, tbh :dunno:

Muddy
09-01-2020, 04:04 PM
Plus, she looks kind of scary tbh. She doesn't have a friendly approachable face.

https://i.imgur.com/OPlNFdq.jpg

Griffin
09-01-2020, 04:22 PM
https://imengine.prod.srp.navigacloud.com/?uuid=97E920D1-2FFF-4A73-B4D8-7E32C7B45D55&type=primary&q=72&width=1024

FBD
09-01-2020, 04:24 PM
https://am22.mediaite.com/tms/cnt/uploads/2019/12/chewbacca.jpeg

Muddy
09-01-2020, 04:24 PM
https://i.imgur.com/lalNhUm.jpg

I couldn't give two shits what Michelle Obama thinks about anything..!

Muddy
09-01-2020, 04:32 PM
https://i.imgur.com/EqjCk5F.jpg

lost in melb.
09-01-2020, 05:18 PM
:facepalm:

FBD
09-01-2020, 05:21 PM
https://i.imgur.com/EqjCk5F.jpg

it shoulda been an orangutan with two gorillas on its back :lol:

Muddy
09-01-2020, 05:31 PM
:facepalm:

Sorry.. But as ruthless as these people have been lately towards white people, you get what you fuckin' get.