PDA

View Full Version : MSNBC's Joy Reid says 'BLM doesn't riot,' blames Trump for encouraging violence fueled by 'white nationalist mobs'

Teh One Who Knocks
09-01-2020, 09:59 AM
By Joseph A. Wulfsohn | Fox News

MSNBC host Joy Reid gave a full-throated defense of Black Lives Matter, insisting demonstrators pushing for racial justice don't riot and blaming President Trump for the violence she said is being fueled by "white nationalist mobs."

Reid on Saturday shared a local Seattle report from June, suggesting that Black Lives Matter isn't responsible for the unrest because of the 81 arrests that were made at the time and included race in court documents, 32 were White and only eight of them were Black; in addition, more than 70 percent of those arrests were from outside the Seattle area.

"Let me repeat this for those inventing the idea of 'Black Lives Matter riots.' BLM doesn’t 'riot.' They march against police violence. And note that those caught setting fires, assaulting and shooting people are consistently of the RIGHT, not the left," Reid tweeted. "So let’s stop giving in to the narrative Trump and his allies are inventing to try and help him cling to power. Autocrats always eventually get to this place: accusing the opposition of being anarchic and violent to cover up their own rot and violence."

She continued, "You are MUCH more at risk from unmasked Trump cultists coming home to your suburb from a superspreader rally and coughing or sneezing on you in Walmart or touching the door handle after wiping their nose than you are from a Black Lives Matter rally."
In a separate series of tweets on Sunday, the "ReidOut" host accused the president of wanting to incite violence during his upcoming visit to Kenosha.

"Let's just be clear: Donald Trump is not going to Kenosha to calm the city or to comfort the family of Jacob Blake, or the families of Anthony Huber and Joseph Rosenbaum, the two young men shot to death by one of Trump's supporters. He's going to Kenosha to whip up more violence," Reid wrote. "Violence and mayhem, perpetrated by people who support HIM, unleashed at night and let's just be clear: by white nationalist mobs, often against other young white people (both Rosenbaum and Huber were white), in cities with few Black people, IS HIS RE-ELECTION STRATEGY. Period."

She explained, "The 'riots' are not Black Lives Matter marches gone wrong. Armed white nationalists are mobbing these cities to take advantage of protests and scare fellow white people into quietly siding with them. It's an old, tried and true strategy: using fear & anti-blackness for politics."
Reid went on to praise her MSNBC colleague Jennifer Rubin, the self-described "conservative blogger" for The Washington Post who argued that the violence is Trump's and the GOP's fault.

"Listen to ⁦@JRubinBlogger⁩. She speaks as a longtime conservative Republican, so she KNOWS the party. 'Democrats needn’t accept this narrative that Biden or BLM must bring a stop to the violence Trump is creating. They must denounce HIM for it,'" the MSNBC host wrote echoing Rubin's op-ed, later writing, "Bottom line: watch the Portland mayor, who is calling Trump out directly for sparking this violence. Trump LITERALLY tweeted: “when the looting starts, the shooting starts.” Biden should remind him of that when he gets to Kenosha. This is Trump violence, in Trump’s America."
Reid doubled down on her show Monday night, invoking Adolf Hitler and slavery and linking them to Trump fueling racial divisions in this country.

"Who benefits if lots of White voters believe that Black Lives Matter is threatening and violent? No one more than Donald Trump," Reid said. "Trump is losing to Joe Biden full-stop. So to sneak back in through the Electoral College, he needs to win back those American Brexit states that put him over the top in 2016. So his fixation on Kenosha, in Wisconsin, is relevant."

"There is no anarchist group on the left that listens to Joe Biden. There is no Antifa for Biden-Harris armed militia, so this is not a 'both sides' thing, but Trump is openly doing the opposite, encouraging more violence," she later told her viewers.

DemonGeminiX
09-01-2020, 10:04 AM
:roll:

PorkChopSandwiches
09-01-2020, 06:47 PM
I cant wait for their meltdown after he wins again

Muddy
09-01-2020, 09:45 PM
Fuck this bitch as well.

lost in melb.
09-02-2020, 12:08 AM
So most of the looters and rioters are white young men from outside the area. Doesn't prove anything

Pony
09-02-2020, 12:32 AM
So most of the looters and rioters are white young men from outside the area. Doesn't prove anything

Not most, many. There are also many black looters and rioters. The only "most" is that most of them are not for Trump or "White Nationalists" The left is basically making that up instead of admitting that it's mostly far left liberals and anarchists causing all the problems.

lost in melb.
09-02-2020, 12:45 AM
I'm just going by the arrest statistics.

Agree it's unlikely that many/any from the right are looting and rioting - other than to troll

FBD
09-02-2020, 01:56 AM
antifa and blm both have strings connected to the same sets of hands, it doesnt change that most membership is of the useful idiot class that is rather unaware of what the deciders motives are

lost in melb.
09-02-2020, 04:19 AM
Or they could be a bunch of stressed people reacting to the Trump presidency, envy, lack of work and covid fatigue. not everything has to be a world conspiracy

Muddy
09-02-2020, 06:49 AM
Or they could be a bunch of stressed people reacting to the Trump presidency, envy, lack of work and covid fatigue. not everything has to be a world conspiracy

I dunno man.. A good portion of the arrests are showing to be people not from the area in a lot of these riot towns.. Sounds like people being bussed in to me.. Even the one in my neighborhood was found to have some influence from 'outside agitators'. These were not my neighbors.

FBD
09-02-2020, 01:06 PM

you're right, it doesnt have to be, but when the shoe fits like it was patiently carved for 70 years to fit the foot...

lost in melb.
09-02-2020, 01:09 PM
I don't think there's a simple explanation here. It could be a mixture of people.

There are diminishing returns for blm getting people out to riot and burn. I would like to have more demographic data on all of the arrestees, every single one. Job history, crimes, voting history, transcripts of the interviews, and video. I'm sure the police doing the interviewing know exactly what's going on and who these people are.

FBD
09-02-2020, 01:20 PM
we can basically separate them into 3 groups:
-executive: the ones arranging and financing and deciding what happens. example, Soros
-organizers: the more useful idiots that know they are carrying out the wishes of the executive: can range from Kamala Harris & LeBron down to low levels like the guy who made sure Simpothy McVeigh could bomb the courthouse
-useful idiots along for the ride because brainwash

top 2 are marxist pieces of shit and enemies of humanity, try to get the ignorants to carry out as much of the fuckery as possible so they can stay in the shadows