PDA

View Full Version : Pelosi used shuttered San Francisco hair salon for blow-out, owner calls it 'slap in the face'

Teh One Who Knocks
09-02-2020, 09:52 AM
By Brooke Singman | Fox News

https://i.imgur.com/HF5oQEXl.jpg

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi visited a San Francisco hair salon on Monday afternoon for a wash and blow-out, despite local ordinances keeping salons closed amid the coronavirus pandemic, Fox News had learned.

In security footage obtained by Fox News, and timestamped Monday at 3:08 p.m. Pacific Time, the California powerhouse is seen walking through eSalon in San Francisco with wet hair, and without a mask over her mouth or nose.

The stylist doing her hair can be seen following her wearing a black face mask.

Salons in San Francisco had been closed since March and were only notified they could reopen on Sept. 1 for outdoor hairstyling services only.

Salon owner Erica Kious, in a phone interview with Fox News on Tuesday, shared details of Pelosi’s visit. Kious explained she has independent stylists working for her who rent chairs in her salon.

“One of the stylists who rents a chair from me contacted me Sunday night,” Kious said.

A screengrab of the text message she received from one of her stylists, and obtained by Fox News, said: “I’ll be there at 2:45 tomorrow. Pelosi assistant just messaged me to do her hair.”

Kious replied: “Pelosi?”

https://i.imgur.com/Dir7zxY.png

“I was like, are you kidding me right now? Do I let this happen? What do I do?” Kious told Fox News, while noting that she "can’t control” what her stylists do if they rent chairs from her, as “they’re not paying” at this time.

Kious cast Pelosi’s visit as a double standard.

“It was a slap in the face that she went in, you know, that she feels that she can just go and get her stuff done while no one else can go in, and I can’t work,” Kious told Fox News, adding that she “can’t believe” the speaker didn’t have a mask on. (From the footage, it appears Pelosi had some kind of covering around her neck.)

“We’re supposed to look up to this woman, right?” Kious said. “It is just disturbing.”

Asked for comment, Pelosi spokesman Drew Hammill maintained that the speaker was following the rules as presented to her.

“The Speaker always wears a mask and complies with local COVID requirements. This business offered for the Speaker to come in on Monday and told her they were allowed by the city to have one customer at a time in the business. The Speaker complied with the rules as presented to her by this establishment,” he said.

But the owner pushed back.

Kious said Pelosi received a wash and a blow-dry, but told Fox News that “you’re not supposed to blow dry hair” according to coronavirus safety precautions for hair salons.

“We have been shut down for so long, not just me, but most of the small businesses and I just can’t – it’s a feeling – a feeling of being deflated, helpless and honestly beaten down,” Kious said.

“I have been fighting for six months for a business that took me 12 years to build to reopen,” she explained. “I am a single mom, I have two small children, and I have no income.”

She added: “The fact that they did this, and she came in, it’s like a slap in the face.”

Kious told Fox News that she had expected to be able to reopen her salon in July, and prepared her space in accordance with local guidelines.

“There were rules and regulations to go by to safely reopen, which I did, but I was still not allowed to open my business,” she said, noting that she installed plexiglass partitions between sinks and seating areas, and ensured that all salon chairs were six feet apart, along with proper air circulation from open windows.

“They never let us open,” she said, while adding that she is unable to reopen outside because her salon specializes in hair color, and using chemicals outside is prohibited.

But Kious said she is not alone in the hardships she has faced amid closures during the coronavirus pandemic.

“This is for everybody,” she said. “I am sharing this because of what everyone in my industry, and my city, what every small business is going through right now.”

Kious told Fox News that she was a recipient of a $12,000 Paycheck Protection Program loan, which was created to help small businesses stay afloat amid the pandemic under the bipartisan CARES Act (which Pelosi backed), but still is forced to shut down her salon for good within the next 30 to 60 days.

“No one can last anymore,” she said. “I have also lost 60 percent of my clientele because everyone is fleeing the city.”

Kious said that the area where her salon is located has turned into “a third world country,” saying that “every other storefront is completely vacant and shut down and boarded up.”

“And because of the shutdown, and the store closures, we’ve lost people, my clients, and my employees, and that is due to the politics in San Francisco,” she said, adding that the homeless population is “everywhere” and “defecating” all over the city.

“It has gotten so extreme,” she said. “It is so night and day from what it was a year ago, that everyone is fleeing.”

lost in melb.
09-02-2020, 10:01 AM
The article's absolutely nothing to do with pelosi.

the tragedy is, once California reopens people will probably just fuck it up again. No coordination or co-operation amongst the populous

FBD
09-02-2020, 01:07 PM
shoulda bleached the bitch's hair

Teh One Who Knocks
09-02-2020, 10:28 PM

A defiant House Speaker Nancy Pelosi on Wednesday claimed she was “set up” and a hair salon in San Francisco “owes” her an “apology” after it was revealed the California Democrat visited the business despite local ordinances keeping salons closed amid the coronavirus pandemic.

Pelosi, D-Calif., was responding to backlash after Fox News first reported that she visited a ESalonSF in San Francisco on Monday afternoon for a wash and blow-out.

Salons in San Francisco had been closed since March and were only notified they could reopen on Sept. 1 for outdoor hairstyling services only.

Pelosi, Wednesday, responded, saying she has been to the salon “over the years many times.”

“I take responsibility for trusting the word of the neighborhood salon that I have been to many times,” Pelosi told reporters Wednesday. “When they said they could accommodate people one at a time, and we can set up that time, I trusted that.”

She added: “As it turns out, it was a set up. So I take responsibility for falling for a set up.”

“The salon owes me an apology for setting me up,” she added.

In security footage obtained by Fox News, and timestamped Monday at 3:08 p.m. Pacific Time, the California powerhouse is seen walking through ESalonSF in San Francisco with wet hair, and without a mask over her mouth or nose.

The stylist doing her hair can be seen following her wearing a black face mask.

Pelosi, on Wednesday, downplayed the fact that she didn’t wear a mask in the salon.

“I just had my hair washed. I don’t wear my mask when I’m washing my hair,” she said. “Do you wear one when you wash your hair?”

Meanwhile, during an exclusive interview with Fox News Tuesday, salon owner Erica Kious cast Pelosi’s visit as a double standard.

““It was a slap in the face that she went in, you know, that she feels that she can just go and get her stuff done while no one else can go in, and I can’t work,” Kious told Fox News, adding that she “can’t believe” the speaker didn’t have a mask on. (From the footage, it appears Pelosi had some kind of covering around her neck.)

“We’re supposed to look up to this woman, right?” Kious said. “It is just disturbing.”

Asked for comment on Tuesday, Pelosi spokesman Drew Hammill maintained that the speaker was following the rules as presented to her.

“The speaker always wears a mask and complies with local COVID requirements. This business offered for the speaker to come in on Monday and told her they were allowed by the city to have one customer at a time in the business. The speaker complied with the rules as presented to her by this establishment,” he said.

But the owner pushed back, saying that it was “absolutely not true” that the salon could open.

Kious said Pelosi received a wash and a blow-dry, but told Fox News that “you’re not supposed to blow dry hair,” according to coronavirus safety precautions for hair salons.

“We have been shut down for so long, not just me, but most of the small businesses and I just can’t – it’s a feeling – a feeling of being deflated, helpless and honestly beaten down,” Kious said.

“I have been fighting for six months for a business that took me 12 years to build to reopen,” she explained. “I am a single mom, I have two small children, and I have no income.”

She added: “The fact that they did this, and she came in, it’s like a slap in the face.”

Meanwhile, President Trump weighed in, blasting the speaker for “constantly lecturing everyone else” on COVID-19 guidelines.

"Crazy Nancy Pelosi is being decimated for having a beauty parlor opened, when all others are closed, and for not wearing a Mask–despite constantly lecturing everyone else," the president tweeted Wednesday. "We will almost certainly take back the House, and send Nancy packing!"

DemonGeminiX
09-02-2020, 11:03 PM
The article's absolutely nothing to do with pelosi.

:huh:

What? She violated her own state's quarantine lockdown for her own selfish purposes.

Griffin
09-02-2020, 11:13 PM
Pelosi fights back: 'The salon owes me an apology for setting me up'

Yeah, because San Francisco is just packed with Trump supporters wanting to set her up.

deebakes
09-03-2020, 12:03 AM
that's what i was thinking :-k

Teh One Who Knocks
09-03-2020, 10:00 AM
By Joseph A. Wulfsohn | Fox News

CNN anchor Don Lemon offered a rare scolding of a Democrat, this time House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., over her controversial visit to a San Francisco hair salon in violation of state and local coronavirus ordinances.

In security footage obtained by Fox News and timestamped Monday at 3:08 p.m. PT, the California political powerhouse is seen walking through ESalonSF with wet hair, and without a mask. During an appearance on MSNBC that night, Pelosi criticized President Trump for giving his Republican National Convention acceptance speech before a live audience on the South Lawn at the White House.

On Wednesday, the top Democratic lawmaker accused the salon of "setting her up" and called on the struggling business to apologize to her.

Lemon seemed to question Pelosi's story and asked his viewers "shouldn't she know better?"

"This far into the pandemic this House Speaker should know what is safe and what isn't," Lemon said. "We should all know. It's our responsibility."

The liberal anchor continued, "Instead of claiming a set-up, it would have been just as easy for the speaker to say, 'You know what, I messed up. I should have worn a mask indoors.'"

During an exclusive interview with Fox News Tuesday, salon owner Erica Kious cast Pelosi’s visit as part of a double standard.

“It was a slap in the face that she went in, you know, that she feels that she can just go and get her stuff done while no one else can go in, and I can’t work,” Kious told Fox News, adding that she “can’t believe” the speaker didn’t have a mask on. (From the footage, it appears Pelosi had some kind of covering around her neck.)

Teh One Who Knocks
09-03-2020, 02:08 PM

Griffin
09-03-2020, 03:42 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gwixmK4Rds

PorkChopSandwiches
09-03-2020, 03:46 PM
Yeah, because San Francisco is just packed with Trump supporters wanting to set her up.

Exactly

Teh One Who Knocks
09-03-2020, 03:59 PM

Exactly

This is MAGA Country!!! :x

lost in melb.
09-04-2020, 02:05 AM

It only takes one. The owner of the Salon

DemonGeminiX
09-04-2020, 02:18 AM
It only takes one. The owner of the Salon

You've got to be kidding.

lost in melb.
09-04-2020, 02:38 AM
You've got to be kidding.

I think there's 30k registered Repubs in the area. The Salon owner could well be one. Not sure what point you're making?

lost in melb.
09-04-2020, 02:42 AM
“And because of the shutdown, and the store closures, we’ve lost people, my clients, and my employees, and that is due to the politics in San Francisco,” she said, adding that the homeless population is “everywhere” and “defecating” all over the city.

“It has gotten so extreme,” she said. “It is so night and day from what it was a year ago, that everyone is fleeing.”

It's such an ill-informed statement, if you look at the main cause of the homelessness (not talking about what sustains it).

And that reason is incredible demand for real estate in the area to the extent that poor people are completely pushed out. Complete lack of understanding and great Fox journalism there :roll:

DemonGeminiX
09-04-2020, 03:41 AM
I think there's 30k registered Repubs in the area. The Salon owner could well be one. Not sure what point you're making?

Ok, from everything I've heard about this, this is what I understand about the situation: According to multiple sources, including the salon owner herself, the salon owner leases out her facility to individual hair dressers that have contracts to work in the salon space. She does not hire hair dressers and stylists as employees. It's a strange situation, but it's California, so there ya go. Appointments are made with the individual hair dressers, not the salon itself. Normally, the hair dresser checks with the salon to see if a work space is available at a particular date and time. Since the Speaker of the House, the most powerful legislator in the nation, is a client, it can be assumed that the hair dresser she goes to is a pretty big deal and normally in demand. Also, because she's currently one of the most powerful women in the US, we can assume that the hair dresser and the salon owner will bend over backwards to cater to the Speaker. Power has its privileges. It's not supposed to be that way in the USA, but what can you do?

Now, California is under quarantine, and all salons/barber shops are among the many businesses that are closed and losing money. This was instituted by California's Governor Gavin Newsom, who used to be Speaker Pelosi's nephew (technically, they're not related. They were once upon a time by a family marriage, but that marriage has long since ended). Speaker Pelosi herself championed the quarantine in California. I say it again: Speaker Pelosi championed Newsom's quarantine and shutdown in California.

I already told you how the salon reportedly works. Speaker Pelosi called to make an appointment with the hair dresser. No one forced her to make an appointment. The appointment was made for Speaker Pelosi, because she's Nancy fucking Pelosi, the Speaker of the United States House of Representatives. Someone you don't say no to. Again, power has its privileges, even though that kind of thing shouldn't happen in the United States of America. Speaker Pelosi went to the appointment, without a mask, and no one forced her to do it. No one could force her to do it considering that she's surrounded by Secret Service agents that are most assuredly some of the most highly trained former soldiers, elite killing machines, that have retired out of the United States military and then went into government work where their military skills can be best put to use. No one twisted her arm. No one forced her to do it. No one set her up.

Pelosi is full of shit, and the accusation that she was set up is absolutely ridiculous and laughable. And that YOU are entertaining this horseshit as possible fact is beyond ridiculous and laughable.

DemonGeminiX
09-04-2020, 03:59 AM
By the way, I meant no offense by any of that.

lost in melb.
09-04-2020, 04:00 AM
Easy there - didn't say Pelosi was absolved. But it was video-taped and clearly allowed to go ahead - possibly for the purpose to 'get her'. also the Salon owner and stylist have free choice as well. They can say no.

Finally, aren't masks at RNCs required? ;) what's good for goose is good for gander. I suspect you guys are cherry-picking Dem/Pelosi's hypocrisy cause you dont like her. Fine by me.

lost in melb.
09-04-2020, 04:06 AM
Also..the right thing for her to have done is own up and apologize rather than pretending she didn't know. Hopefully we agree on that.Stand by rest of my points and also Fox putting in the completely irrelevant last paragraph.

lost in melb.
09-04-2020, 04:06 AM
By the way, I meant no offense by any of that.

I know. We're just discussing.

Griffin
09-04-2020, 04:12 AM
She obviously just got complacent and forgot that we are all doomed to die a most horrible death if we don't all abide by the same rules.

DemonGeminiX
09-04-2020, 04:27 AM
Easy there - didn't say Pelosi was absolved. But it was video-taped and clearly allowed to go ahead - possibly for the purpose to 'get her'. also the Salon owner and stylist have free choice as well. They can say no.

Finally, aren't masks at RNCs required? ;) what's good for goose is good for gander. I suspect you guys are cherry-picking Dem/Pelosi's hypocrisy cause you dont like her. Fine by me.

No, the salon had a security camera... obviously with a hard drive. I'm pretty certain that the salon owner is a Democrat. I think she's just miffed that she's losing money, and possibly her salon, and here comes Queen Bitch Pelosi, sticking her nose up at everything that she's wagging her finger at everybody else to do, yet she thinks she's above everybody else and doesn't have to obey the quarantine. I'm pretty sure this salon owner's gonna have to leave California after this whole thing.

No actually, they couldn't say no. You don't know Nancy Pelosi. She is very sly and smart. You don't stay in Congress for decades by being stupid. And from what I understand, she's very vindictive. Like "woe be to those who pisses the Queen Bitch off" kinda deal. In the beginning of AOC's term, she was talking shit on Pelosi. Pelosi took her to the side and had a private conversation with her, and no one in the squad has said a damned thing about Pelosi ever since. No one knows what was said, but man, to be a fly on that wall when that shit went down. :lol:

Also..the right thing for her to have done is own up and apologize rather than pretending she didn't know. Hopefully we agree on that.Stand by rest of my points and also Fox putting in the completely irrelevant last paragraph.

Yeah, she should have, but that's not how shit works in the viper pit known as Washington DC. :lol:

I'm not gonna comment on the the politics of San Francisco. That's Porky's area of expertise. Not mine.

lost in melb.
09-04-2020, 04:56 AM
In the beginning of AOC's term, she was talking shit on Pelosi. Pelosi took her to the side and had a private conversation with her, and no one in the squad has said a damned thing about Pelosi ever since. No one knows what was said, but man, to be a fly on that wall when that shit went down.

That would be interesting :)

Teh One Who Knocks
09-04-2020, 10:19 AM
What this whole thing boils down to is, ignorance of the law is no excuse. For arguments sake, let's say it was a set-up. Even if that was the case, Pelosi knows the law and the law says that hair salons are CLOSED. Just because they took her appointment doesn't mean she has to go. She's a freaking LAWMAKER. She is the one pushing masks and lockdowns. California is her home state. Of all people, SHE should know what the laws are and that they apply to everyone. It's on her that she went, end of.

But instead of taking personal responsibility, she is reinforcing the notion that politicians are elitists and that the laws only apply to the dirty and unwashed masses, not to her and others like her. So instead of apologizing, she's hired a lawyer to try and destroy the salon and its owner. :roll:

Teh One Who Knocks
09-04-2020, 02:12 PM
VIRGINIA KRUTA, ASSOCIATE EDITOR - The Daily Caller

https://i.imgur.com/kIsMD0h.jpg

Protesters descended upon House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s San Francisco home Thursday, hanging blow-dryers and curlers from a tree.

Angry that Pelosi violated coronavirus restrictions to have her hair done at a local salon — still closed to the public by local and state orders — they gathered to voice their disappointment.

The San Francisco Chronicle’s Jessica Christian described the scene outside Pelosi’s home, noting that the protesters said they were not salon employees anxious to return to work, but rather customers who felt they also deserved the chance to have their hair or nails done.
Protesters held hands and encircled the tree — which they named “Freedom Tree” after decorating it with curlers, hair dryers and an American flag.
Salon owner Erica Kious released surveillance footage of Pelosi’s maskless trip to the salon, saying that it was like a “slap in the face” that she could violate restrictions to get a blowout while salon workers and owners could not remain open to the public in order to make a living.

DemonGeminiX
09-04-2020, 02:14 PM
^^^^

Now that's funny. :lol:

FBD
09-04-2020, 02:33 PM
It's such an ill-informed statement, if you look at the main cause of the homelessness (not talking about what sustains it).

And that reason is incredible demand for real estate in the area to the extent that poor people are completely pushed out. Complete lack of understanding and great Fox journalism there :roll:

have you ever considered that homeless people will flock to locations that support homelessness via either weather or just being pro-homeless?