PDA

View Full Version : Esperanza Spalding Attacked on Wikipedia by Justin Bieber Fans

Teh One Who Knocks
02-14-2011, 10:26 PM
Billboard Magazine

http://i.imgur.com/Sh3qY.jpg

Esperanza Spalding's shocking win in the Best New Artist category at the Grammys last night (Feb. 13) drew some venomous reactions from fans of Justin Bieber, who lost out to the upstart jazz artist. Bieber fanatics reportedly attacked Spalding on her Wikipedia page last night following the award show upset.

"JUSTIN BIEBER DESERVED IT GO DIE IN A HOLE. WHO THE HECK ARE YOU ANYWAY?" one fan wrote on Spalding's page, according to Gawker. Another user wrote "Biber 4 Lyfe" on her page, while someone called Spalding a "F---ING REATARD." In one particularly curious act of Wikipedia vandalism, fans changed Spalding's middle name to "Justin," and later, "Quesadilla."

By Monday morning (Feb. 14), Spalding's Wikipedia page had been stripped of any factual errors and insults. While some Beliebers are undoubtedly still upset that he didn't take home Best New Artist Grammy, the pop star was much more even-tempered about the loss on Twitter.

"As for the awards...of course I wanted to win. Its been & still is a dream to win a grammy. Was I upset...yes. But I was happy for her also," Bieber wrote early this morning (Feb. 14).

Hal-9000
02-14-2011, 10:47 PM
this is what I hate most about our open media society....hurting someone like that when it wasn't even her decision ffs...

it's like when news broke about Bieber being seen with Selena Gomez....fans go to his Twitter page and make death threats against Selena.

there's gotta be some way to reign that shit in

Joebob034
02-14-2011, 11:14 PM
there's gotta be some way to reign that shit in
there is, kill him

Southern Belle
02-14-2011, 11:33 PM
Just goes to show how immature his fans are.

DemonGeminiX
02-14-2011, 11:52 PM
Yeah really. It's not her fault Bieber sucks.

:mrgreen:

Godfather
02-15-2011, 12:22 AM
Bieber was in category for best new artist?!?

God it feels like he's been around forever already :|

I did hear Arcade Fire won best album though!!! That's great news. :D Nice to see an actual band win.