PDA

View Full Version : Pregnant mum livestreams arrest 'after planning lockdown protest' on Facebook

Teh One Who Knocks
09-10-2020, 10:21 AM
Nadine Carroll - Yahoo News Australia

https://i.imgur.com/wa9TCo8.jpg

A 28-year-old pregnant Victorian woman has been arrested after she allegedly organised a protest event for Saturday that breaches the government’s coronavirus restrictions.

Zoe Buhler uploaded a live Facebook video on Wednesday afternoon as Victoria Police entered her home in Miners Rest, north of Ballarat, with an arrest warrant.

The mum, with the Facebook name Zoe Lee, can be seen in her pyjamas with her two children and partner watching on. Police explain to Ms Buhler she is being placed under arrest for incitement and she is handcuffed.

“It’s in relation to a Facebook post, in relation to a lockdown protest for Saturday,” the arresting police officer explains to her.

“I can take down the post, this is ridiculous,” Ms Buhler says.

“How about she just doesn’t do the event,” a man believed to be Ms Buhler’s partner asks.

“We believe you are committed to it,” police reply.

It’s believed Ms Buhler was involved in the planning of a Freedom Day event being held in Ballarat on Saturday, with several other demonstrations organised around Australia.

More than 8,700 members are part of the Facebook group planning the events.

https://i.imgur.com/EbzDZzH.jpg

It’s unclear how many people plan to attend the Ballarat event or the other Victorian event planned for Melbourne CBD as the event’s post has since been removed

“Victoria Police is aware of a prohibited gathering which is planned for Ballarat on Saturday,” Victoria Police told Yahoo News Australia in an emailed statement.

“Any gathering of this nature is in blatant breach of the Chief Health Officer’s directions and puts Victorian lives at risk.”

Under government Stage 3 restrictions for regional Victoria, people are only allowed to gather outdoors with only one other person from their household.

In Melbourne Metro areas residents are in lockdown and must stay home unless they are leaving for shopping for food and essential items, medical care or caregiving, exercise, and permitted work if you can’t work or study from home.

Victoria Police told Yahoo News they were prepared to arrest others involved in breaching the Chief Health Officer’s directions.

“Police executed a search warrant at a Miners Rest address this afternoon and a mobile device was seized.

“As a result, a 28-year old female has been charged with the offence of incitement and has been bailed to appear at the Ballarat Magistrates Court on 25 January, 2021,” police said.

Victoria Police cautioned those still thinking of attending the protest and said they can expect “a swift and firm response from police”.

“We will have no hesitation in issuing $1,652 fines to anyone who is breaching the restrictions on the day, or making arrests if necessary,” Victorian police said.

Yahoo News Australia has reached out to Zoe Buhler for comment.

FBD
09-10-2020, 12:14 PM
fkn prison colonies

Teh One Who Knocks
09-10-2020, 12:16 PM
Nothing like being arrested for something that hasn't even happened yet :tup:

Muddy
09-10-2020, 02:30 PM
Nothing like being arrested for something that hasn't even happened yet :tup:

:hand: simma down Rainbow..

Teh One Who Knocks
09-10-2020, 02:36 PM
:hand: simma down Rainbow..

So you think it's okay that she got arrested for a Facebook post for something that didn't even happen yet? Not setting up a murder or planning a bank robbery, but a post about a gathering? :-k

Muddy
09-10-2020, 02:54 PM
So you think it's okay that she got arrested for a Facebook post for something that didn't even happen yet? Not setting up a murder or planning a bank robbery, but a post about a gathering? :-k

I don't really care what they do in Aus.. I just wanted to make a comparison on the thought crimes.

lost in melb.
09-10-2020, 03:26 PM
Fuck these cunts. The entire state has put in so much work and these idiots want to throw down the tube with their ignorant conspiracy theory bullshit. She was charged with incitement. She knew exactly what she was doing.

Here's another idiot who thinks he's above the law.

https://youtu.be/CQihjKDi_r8

FBD
09-10-2020, 03:44 PM
sad state that the "laws" over there allow for such overt tyranny

(I put laws in quotes because I'm not altogether sure that aus didnt along the way have something happen there like what happened to the usa, canada, and germany in 1871...)

Griffin
09-10-2020, 03:44 PM
You gotta hate when people from other countries stick their nose in and criticize how your country runs things when it doesn't even concern them.

lost in melb.
09-10-2020, 03:46 PM
You gotta hate when people from other countries stick their nose in and criticize how your country runs things when it doesn't even concern them.

A little bit but it's okay.

I know what you're hinting at, but it's a bit different with the US. We get inundated with your culture and your news

Griffin
09-10-2020, 03:50 PM
:nana:

lost in melb.
09-10-2020, 11:43 PM
:burn:

DemonGeminiX
09-10-2020, 11:47 PM
A little bit but it's okay.

I know what you're hinting at, but it's a bit different with the US. We get inundated with your culture and your news

No offense, Lost, but really, whose fault is that?

lost in melb.
09-10-2020, 11:51 PM
No offense, Lost, but really, whose fault is that?

I will do a survey next time and find out :meh:

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRTDp0l-nUg1w39oytU-9aRGbV90Bq8PnXnMA&usqp=CAU

DemonGeminiX
09-10-2020, 11:55 PM
:huh:

Ok, is that a real McDonalds? Or is it just an Australian knockoff?

lost in melb.
09-10-2020, 11:57 PM
:huh:

Ok, is that a real McDonalds? Or is it just an Australian knockoff?

Lol, it's what we call McDonald's here. ( It's the genuine thing)

We call Burger King 'Hungry Jack's'

DemonGeminiX
09-10-2020, 11:58 PM
Lol, it's what we call McDonald's here. ( It's the genuine thing)

We call Burger King 'Hungry Jack's'

Seriously? Why? :lol:

lost in melb.
09-11-2020, 12:05 AM
Seriously? Why? :lol:

To disguise the imperialist takeover :nana:

DemonGeminiX
09-11-2020, 12:10 AM
To disguise the imperialist takeover :nana:

What I'm gathering from what I'm reading is that Burger King and Hungry Jacks aren't exactly the same. Who's Jack Cowin?

lost in melb.
09-11-2020, 12:14 AM
What I'm gathering from what I'm reading is that Burger King and Hungry Jacks aren't exactly the same. Who's Jack Cowin?

Not sure. Hungry Jacks is a franchisee or at least was, of Burger King. (The burgers taste exactly the same)

https://www.hungryjacks.com.au/about-hj-s

DemonGeminiX
09-11-2020, 12:17 AM
Not sure. Hungry Jacks is a franchisee or at least was, of Burger King. (The burgers taste exactly the same)

https://www.hungryjacks.com.au/about-hj-s

Now I want to visit Australia just to see if the burgers taste the same (my apologies if they do... same with Macca's). :lol:

lost in melb.
09-11-2020, 12:11 PM
Now I want to visit Australia just to see if the burgers taste the same (my apologies if they do... same with Macca's). :lol:
Ha, I actually had a Whopper with cheese meal tonight :naughty:

They may even taste slightly better here because our cattle are free range most of the year.

FBD
09-11-2020, 12:14 PM
still wont eat mcd's after working there for 2 weeks when I was 16

lost in melb.
09-11-2020, 12:17 PM
still wont eat mcd's after working there for 2 weeks when I was 16

HJs/BK is infinitely better

FBD
09-11-2020, 12:19 PM
HJs is infinitely better

burger king is meh....if I'm stranded and there's absolutely nothing else...if I'm going to have a fast food burger, the lowest I'll go is wendy's

lost in melb.
09-11-2020, 12:32 PM
Confess I haven't tried Burger King in US. I heard it was okay. I think our low-grade meat is slightly better to be honest but I don't want to offend anyone.

My experience of American McDonald's are like something out of mad max. AWEFUL

FBD
09-11-2020, 01:04 PM
I think our low-grade meat is slightly better to be honest but I don't want to offend anyone.

:lol: I thought you're an Aussie, not a Canadian

lost in melb.
09-11-2020, 01:29 PM

Don't get it. What's with canadian meat?

I won't touch beef in the US unless it's grass fed. Raving mad hormone-invested cows being shoveled corn in lots doesn't appeal much,..

Teh One Who Knocks
09-11-2020, 01:38 PM
Confess I haven't tried Burger King in US. I heard it was okay. I think our low-grade meat is slightly better to be honest but I don't want to offend anyone.

My experience of American McDonald's are like something out of mad max. AWEFUL

I won't touch beef in the US unless it's grass fed. Raving mad hormone-invested cows being shoveled corn in lots doesn't appeal much,..

Canadian stereotype is always apologizing and not wanting to offend :lol:

Muddy
09-11-2020, 01:41 PM
Burger King Whopper.. no cheese.. sandwich cut in half.. freshly made... divine..!

lost in melb.
09-11-2020, 01:57 PM
Canadian stereotype is always apologizing and not wanting to offend :lol:

https://i.imgflip.com/402v0i.jpg

FBD
09-11-2020, 02:09 PM

apparently meat prices there are skyrocketing, but that wasnt what I meant :dance:

https://i.imgflip.com/402v0i.jpg
:lol:

lost in melb.
09-12-2020, 05:57 AM
Lol. Going on right now

Battle of burgers (https://au.news.yahoo.com/amphtml/battle-of-the-burgers-hungry-jacks-hits-back-at-maccas-lawsuit-with-cheeky-tv-ad-085247120.html)