PDA

View Full Version : Women charged with hate crime after stealing MAGA hat from child, harassing mother

Teh One Who Knocks
09-11-2020, 12:26 PM
By Laura Mize - Disrn

https://i.imgur.com/zHePn0El.jpg

Olivia Winslow and Camryn Amy, both 21, are facing hate crime charges and other charges after they harassed a woman outside a Democratic National Convention site in Delaware last month and stole a "Make American Great Again" hat from her 7-year-old son.

A grand jury indicted the women Tuesday, both on felony charges of robbery, conspiracy, and hate crimes. Each woman also faces a misdemeanor charge of endangering the welfare of a child. Amy is also charged with offensive touching of the boy, attempted assault of the mother, and assault for punching a man who tried to get the hat back for the child. Those are all misdemeanor charges.

[Warning: Language]
Each woman faces up to 15 years imprisonment on the felony charges alone.

The incident was captured on video and shared online, where it circulated widely. The video shows the two women tearing up political signs and one of the women picking up, throwing, and picking up again a red MAGA hat. In the video, a boy runs after the women, yelling "Hey, that's somebody else's hat," and instructing his mother to "call 9-1-1." The footage also shows Amy punching a man in the face after he tries to retrieve the hat for the child.

Delaware Attorney General Kathy Jennings condemned the duo's actions.

"Violence in any form is unacceptable, but harming another person — let alone a child — because of the expression of their views betrays the principles on which our country was founded," Jennings, who is a Democrat, said in a written statement provided to The News Journal.

Griffin
09-11-2020, 12:39 PM
:pdance:

Teh One Who Knocks
09-11-2020, 12:54 PM
You gotta love all these 'tough' leftists picking on children, all because they can't control their TDS :thumbsup:

lost in melb.
09-11-2020, 01:03 PM
Obviously terrible behavior etc etc.

I'm just finding this sentence doesn't fit in with the rest of the article: "Each woman faces up to 15 years imprisonment on the felony charges alone."

FBD
09-11-2020, 01:14 PM
Obviously terrible behavior etc etc.

I'm just finding this sentence doesn't fit in with the rest of the article: "Each woman faces up to 15 years imprisonment on the felony charges alone."

that's what happens when leftists write the book and it gets thrown at one of their own....I agree the punishment doesnt fit the crime, but this is all because of jacked up wording inserted by leftists

Muddy
09-11-2020, 01:19 PM
:bwaha:

lost in melb.
09-11-2020, 01:23 PM
that's what happens when leftists write the book and it gets thrown at one of their own....I agree the punishment doesnt fit the crime, but this is all because of jacked up wording inserted by leftists

It's okay I found my answer here: A grand jury indicted the women Tuesday, both on felony charges of robbery, conspiracy, and hate crimes.

I hope they get the book thrown at them. Obviously not 15 years that's ridiculous - but something stiff will send a message to people entering restaurants and knocking people's tables over and stuff. These kids have obviously been watching too much TV.