PDA

View Full Version : Prince Charles 'hates non-round ice cubes so gets valet to travel with tray'

Teh One Who Knocks
09-18-2020, 10:38 AM
By Sofie Jackson, Video News Reporter - The Daily Star

https://i.imgur.com/OXU4EVY.jpg

Prince Charles hates square ice cubes so much he has a valet carry rounded ones with him, according to a sensational claim by author Katherine McGee.

Speaking on podcast Royally Obsessed, the author said she read a biography which claimed Prince Charles went to incredible efforts to avoid having the typical ice cube shape in his glass.

Advising to take the "dishy" revelations in Kitty Kelley's book, The Royals, with a "grain of salt", she none-the-less described some of the bizarre details inside.

Ms McGee said: "Like, for instance, Prince Charles travels with an ice cube tray that makes only round ice cubes.

"He can't stand ice cubes that are not round, it's like a pet peeve of his, the way they clink together, and so he has this little tray for his golfball size round ice cubes."

The Prince of Wales is not alone in the Royal Family when it comes to his particular dislike, with his mum the Queen also said to favour round ice cubes so they don't make a clinking noise against the glass.

Round ice cubes are preferred by high-end bartenders and mixologists for other reasons, too.

https://i.imgur.com/PTIIX0m.jpg

The spherical shape exposes less surface area than a cube of the same volume, meaning it will melt more slowly while keeping the drink chilled.

In turn, the drink will not get diluted by water so quickly.

Prince Charles recently shared an affectionate photograph of himself with Prince Harry on social media, wishing his younger son a happy 36th birthday.

The heir to the throne is alleged to have been in a "power struggle" with his own brother Prince Andrew and advised the Queen to "slim down" the monarchy.

Sasha Swire, the wife of former Tory MP Sir Hugo Swire, wrote in her book Diary of an MP's Wife: Inside and Outside Power the tension was obvious.

She wrote: "It is clear there is a power struggle taking place between him and Prince Charles.

"A lot of Andrew’s embarrassing friendships with oligarchs, and his imploring anyone who will listen to bail out his wife, has strained their relationship."

Sarah Ferguson, Prince Andrew's ex-wife, came back from the brink of bankruptcy in 2010.

FBD
09-18-2020, 12:18 PM
I wonder if the crown is going to just go, or if they will simply throw the germans out and go find a rightly born monarch

Muddy
09-18-2020, 01:20 PM
Inbred mother fucker.

lost in melb.
09-19-2020, 03:52 AM
I think we finally do have a potential instance of white privilege here. Tosser

Hugh_Janus
09-20-2020, 08:00 PM
wel, he just doesn't like ice cubes then :-s

DemonGeminiX
09-20-2020, 08:19 PM
I really don't see what the big deal is. You can get trays to make ice in all kinds of shapes and sizes. So what if he prefers them round. It's not like making round ice is difficult to accomplish.

lost in melb.
09-21-2020, 02:14 AM
I really don't see what the big deal is. You can get trays to make ice in all kinds of shapes and sizes. So what if he prefers them round. It's not like making round ice is difficult to accomplish.

There could be a bit of politics here. This toff is going to be our next head of state. And I mean that literally...

Teh One Who Knocks
09-21-2020, 09:41 AM
There could be a bit of politics here. This toff is going to be our next head of state. And I mean that literally...

Then you guys down there better invest in round ice cube trays :nono:

lost in melb.
09-21-2020, 09:58 AM
Then you guys down there better invest in round ice cube trays :nono:

We'll have those cubes ready

:excellent:

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcTqEYLz555nKZgRueJGIhy57-xLlCj7_S6_Qg&usqp=CAU

DemonGeminiX
09-21-2020, 11:38 AM

You're going to make me google 'toff', aren't you?

FBD
09-21-2020, 02:10 PM

Not if the House of Windsor falls :razz: What a glorious timeline we are on, that I can even say that halfway seriously :dance:

PorkChopSandwiches
09-21-2020, 03:56 PM

:qft:

lost in melb.
09-21-2020, 04:14 PM
You're going to make me google 'toff', aren't you?

One of those words that is how it sounds

lost in melb.
09-21-2020, 04:19 PM

:qft:

What does he like instead then? :watching:

PorkChopSandwiches
09-21-2020, 04:54 PM
What does he like instead then? :watching:

Ice spheres

lost in melb.
09-22-2020, 12:37 AM
Ice spheres

Not bad :obama:

Godfather
09-23-2020, 03:31 AM
How do bars get those nice clear ice cubes anyways? Purified water? I'm sure I could google it and the answer will be too complicated to ever do.

Teh One Who Knocks
09-23-2020, 10:00 AM
How do bars get those nice clear ice cubes anyways? Purified water? I'm sure I could google it and the answer will be too complicated to ever do.

The desalinated tears of virgins before they are sacrificed to the Water God.

FBD
09-23-2020, 12:25 PM

Apparently there's trays that will do it for ya these days

https://www.whiskyadvocate.com/make-crystal-clear-ice-at-home/