PDA

View Full Version : AOC says Ginsburg's death should 'radicalize' Dems: 'I need you to be ready'

Pony
09-19-2020, 01:43 PM
Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., mourned the loss of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg as "earth-shattering" and said the balance of democracy now hinged on who would succeed her on the Supreme Court.

The freshman "Squad" leader urged her supporters not to despair, but rather mobilize in a mass way because reproductive rights, marriage equality, labor protections, climate change and health care were now all at a "tipping point."
"Let this moment radicalize you," Ocasio-Cortez said late Friday in a social media video. “Let this moment really put everything into stark focus because this election has always been about the fight of and for our lives. And if anything, tonight is making that more clear to more people than ever before.”

In an Instagram live video posted around 10:30 p.m, the freshman Democrat urged some 45,000 people watching to double-check their voter registration immediately, organize for the election and reach out to friends and family to get them to turn out.

"I need you to be ready," Ocasio-Cortez said.

“No president is the answer," she added. "You are the answer. Mass movements are the answer.”

Ocasio-Cortez said she jumped on the live video to address those grieving the loss of Ginsburg and who were "scared" about the future. She spoke for about 40 minutes about the gravity of the vacancy and how important it was to keep up the fight for Democrats to win in November.

She alluded to Joe Biden’s unpopularity among progressives who preferred that Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., be the party's nominee, but said November is about survival.

“We need to focus on voting for Joe Biden. I don't care if you like him or not,” Ocasio-Cortez told her supporters.

“We need to focus on voting for Joe Biden. I don't care if you like him or not.”
— U.S. Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y.

“Voting for Joe Biden is not about whether you agree with him. It's a vote to let our democracy live another day," she added.

FBD
09-19-2020, 02:36 PM
Yeah, anyone want to try and assert they didnt keep her on life support for the past pretty much entire year just so that she could be made into an election issue?

There is no doubt - let me be clear - that the voters should pick the president and the president should pick the justice for the Senate to consider,” Biden told reporters late Friday. "This was the position that the Republican Senate took in 2016" and "that’s the position the United States Senate must take today and the election’s only 46 days off."

Anyone recall "The Biden Rule" :lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
09-21-2020, 04:38 PM
Yeah, anyone want to try and assert they didnt keep her on life support for the past pretty much entire year just so that she could be made into an election issue?

There is no doubt - let me be clear - that the voters should pick the president and the president should pick the justice for the Senate to consider,” Biden told reporters late Friday. "This was the position that the Republican Senate took in 2016" and "that’s the position the United States Senate must take today and the election’s only 46 days off."

Anyone recall "The Biden Rule" :lol:

Yeah, she should have retired before Trump was elected, then she/they refused in hope she could make it past his term(s)

FBD
09-21-2020, 04:46 PM
Yeah, she should have retired before Trump was elected, then she/they refused in hope she could make it past his term(s)

they could have replaced her during obama, but they got greedy with all they were going to do with hillary

PorkChopSandwiches
09-21-2020, 04:53 PM
they could have replaced her during obama, but they got greedy with all they were going to do with hillary

Yep

Muddy
09-21-2020, 05:01 PM
I bet she is a size queen.

lost in melb.
09-22-2020, 02:08 AM
I bet she is a size queen.

Move aside, mate :empathy:

lost in melb.
09-22-2020, 02:09 AM
Not sure what the problem with OP article here is. She's fighting for what she believes in

Pony
09-22-2020, 10:43 AM
Not sure what the problem with OP article here is. She's fighting for what she believes in

While there is looting and rioting happening she's using language meant to encourage others. They are normalizing violence. All the while accusing Trump of doing the same.

Teh One Who Knocks
09-22-2020, 11:13 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCqEqZOSxjI

DemonGeminiX
09-22-2020, 11:28 AM
:rofl:

FBD
09-22-2020, 11:56 AM

The Dems entire problem is that they are already radicalized into antiamericanism vis a vis globalism, they've pretty much already gone full retard and she's asking everyone to get moar stupid

Teh One Who Knocks
09-22-2020, 12:00 PM
:rofl:

The left, in a nutshell.

Muddy
09-22-2020, 12:19 PM

The destruction of Capitalism.

Griffin
09-22-2020, 12:37 PM
The destruction of Capitalism America.

:(

Teh One Who Knocks
09-22-2020, 12:46 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCqEqZOSxjI

https://i.imgur.com/k48sQ2o.png

The top comment on the video :lol:

DemonGeminiX
09-22-2020, 12:56 PM
The Dems entire problem is that they are already radicalized into antiamericanism vis a vis globalism, they've pretty much already gone full retard and she's asking everyone to get moar stupid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrLhgvgAW8s

Teh One Who Knocks
09-22-2020, 01:30 PM
You know, the democrats only have themselves to blame for all this. It was Harry Reid back when he was Senate Majority Leader when Obama was President, he's the one that invoked the 'nuclear option' and got rid of the filibuster when confirming all Federal judges (except for SCOTUS picks). He was warned back then that he and the democrats would pay for doing this in the future. Well, the future is now and they are crying foul over all this. They started this, and they are threatening to dismantle it even more by adding up to THREE new states (Puerto Rico, Guam, and DC), abolishing the filibuster completely, eliminating the Electoral College, and packing SCOTUS. It's always the same, they don't get their way so EVERYTHING has to change.

IF Biden wins and the dems go down this path, you are going to see a new civil war in this country. There are enough red states that won't put up with the dismantling of the federal government as we now know it. There are enough Americans that won't put up with it. They all throw around the term fascist a lot when talking about Trump, but THEY are the ones that are going down the fascism road by trying to change the federal government so that they can do what they want with impunity. It's becoming a very scary time in this country.

lost in melb.
09-22-2020, 03:23 PM

Well, a different kind of America that makes it easier for her side and more difficult for yours

The destruction of Capitalism.

It's not pure capitalism anyhow. Until the wealth disparity issue is solved America's going to continue to be in crisis.

But there is a weird kind of cynicism in the younger people about the purpose of life being something other than slaving away to earn the daily bread. I'm not referring to the extremist left that we love to colour this board with.

lost in melb.
09-22-2020, 03:25 PM

You know, the democrats only have themselves to blame for all this. It was Harry Reid back when he was Senate Majority Leader when Obama was President, he's the one that invoked the 'nuclear option' and got rid of the filibuster when confirming all Federal judges (except for SCOTUS picks). He was warned back then that he and the democrats would pay for doing this in the future. Well, the future is now and they are crying foul over all this. They started this, and they are threatening to dismantle it even more by adding up to THREE new states (Puerto Rico, Guam, and DC), abolishing the filibuster completely, eliminating the Electoral College, and packing SCOTUS. It's always the same, they don't get their way so EVERYTHING has to change.

IF Biden wins and the dems go down this path, you are going to see a new civil war in this country. There are enough red states that won't put up with the dismantling of the federal government as we now know it. There are enough Americans that won't put up with it. They all throw around the term fascist a lot when talking about Trump, but THEY are the ones that are going down the fascism road by trying to change the federal government so that they can do what they want with impunity. It's becoming a very scary time in this country.

Meantime until that fantasy scenario unfolds you're going to have a 6 to 3 advantage on SCOTUS.

Teh One Who Knocks
09-22-2020, 04:04 PM
Meantime until that fantasy scenario unfolds you're going to have a 6 to 3 advantage on SCOTUS.

:facepalm:

We've already been through this:

Not true. Chief Justice John Roberts, who was appointed by George W Bush, has sided several times with the liberal Justices on the Court. In fact, Roberts is the reason Obamacare was upheld as Constitutional, he was the deciding vote in a 5-4 decision.

FBD
09-22-2020, 04:30 PM
Well, a different kind of America that makes it easier for her side and more difficult for yours.that's a heck of a way to refer to "breaking the fundamentals of the country so soundly that it could not really be considered to be the same country anymore"

oh, we aint done ;) wait until trump's second term :clap:

FBD
09-22-2020, 04:30 PM
https://twitter.com/FrankHassleYT/status/1308290980077072384

lost in melb.
09-23-2020, 12:18 AM
:facepalm:

We've already been through this:

ok so you're making the point that conservative justices sometimes lean towards progressive issues. point taken, but still they will be at heart conservative judges.

FBD
09-23-2020, 12:16 PM
ok so you're making the point that conservative justices sometimes lean towards progressive issues. point taken, but still they will be at heart conservative judges.

:lol: any "conservative" judge that pisses on the constitution by "leaning progressive" is a compromised.....*smacks lips*.....traitor

Justice Roberts is a perfect example of an alleged conservative who peridically goes batshit and votes for whatever banksters want, when he gets tapped on the shoulder and told "we dont care if its giving people a glimpse of the brick wall at the back of the theater, you must vote X way"

lost in melb.
09-23-2020, 12:36 PM
Banksters, Pedos, Traitors, Globalist...

Someone's become radicalised over the past 5 years - all within the confines of the computer screen. (Try not to blow anyone up though) :lol:

DemonGeminiX
09-23-2020, 12:59 PM

Someone's become radicalised over the past 5 years - all within the confines of the computer screen. (Try not to blow anyone up though) :lol:

There's some truth to the stuff he says. The left is trying to push us into a globalist system, which means we would have to abandon our core national values. And it goes a little deeper than just politics. There are clearly obvious wanna-be oligarchs trying to use their money, power, and influence to push us into that direction (Bloomberg, Gates, Soros, etc). They've openly admitted to it. There are world banks trying to gain more control over countries to exert their will. That's why the whole decentralized currency and blockchain thing isn't going away. They're funding it, so they won't have to be beholden to the limits set by the world governments. They've openly admitted it. It's well known that Hollywood is/was a hotbed of pedophilia, and that's not the only place either. There were problems in my own church, political figures are outed daily (I still can't believe Bill Clinton hasn't been charged yet), to name a few. And I hate to break the news to you, but I regard any politician not adhering to the letter of the US Constitution as a traitor, and there's quite a few of them. I've been saying for a few years (or longer) now, that this country needs a culling. I think the world needs a culling, or we better get that Mars thing going pretty damn fast to get some of these fools out of here.

If you had asked me 5 or 6 years ago, I would say that I'd have to think about it, but no one's hiding their intentions anymore. It's painfully obvious what these people want, and it's absolutely terrifying. It's straight out of 1984 or Brave New World.

Muddy
09-23-2020, 01:58 PM
He has a point, Lost.. ^

lost in melb.
09-23-2020, 03:32 PM
There's some truth to the stuff he says. The left is trying to push us into a globalist system, which means we would have to abandon our core national values. And it goes a little deeper than just politics. There are clearly obvious wanna-be oligarchs trying to use their money, power, and influence to push us into that direction (Bloomberg, Gates, Soros, etc). They've openly admitted to it. There are world banks trying to gain more control over countries to exert their will. That's why the whole decentralized currency and blockchain thing isn't going away. They're funding it, so they won't have to be beholden to the limits set by the world governments. They've openly admitted it. It's well known that Hollywood is/was a hotbed of pedophilia, and that's not the only place either. There were problems in my own church, political figures are outed daily (I still can't believe Bill Clinton hasn't been charged yet), to name a few. And I hate to break the news to you, but I regard any politician not adhering to the letter of the US Constitution as a traitor, and there's quite a few of them. I've been saying for a few years (or longer) now, that this country needs a culling. I think the world needs a culling, or we better get that Mars thing going pretty damn fast to get some of these fools out of here.

If you had asked me 5 or 6 years ago, I would say that I'd have to think about it, but no one's hiding their intentions anymore. It's painfully obvious what these people want, and it's absolutely terrifying. It's straight out of 1984 or Brave New World.

This account makes a little more sense. I think a certain type of American nationalism is under threat. I'm sorry to say that it's one where ( among other things) you are in charge and at the top. You can't dominate anymore, so you're stopping the outward bleed until you work out what's going on.

FBD
09-23-2020, 03:47 PM
It's not pure capitalism anyhow. Until the wealth disparity issue is solved America's going to continue to be in crisis.

But there is a weird kind of cynicism in the younger people about the purpose of life being something other than slaving away to earn the daily bread. I'm not referring to the extremist left that we love to colour this board with.The only actual wealth disparity that exists is from people breaking the law. Anything else that's lawful under the normal course of business and salaries thereof are really not even a problem. The international banking entities KNOW they are defrauding everyone, which is why they have gone to such great lengths to plant operatives all over the place and subvert local laws to introduce their own wherever possible.

When those entities are eliminated, its going to be like when you remove the fkn sock from the end of the vacuum cleaner.

I am no more or less radicalized than the day I joined this site, brotha. I've just gone down into the mines and seen teh things. You have stayed where the information is curated, where they tell you the dark places are fairy tales.

lost in melb.
09-23-2020, 04:06 PM
Fine.

But sorry to say this, I have slight PTSD with your constant barrage of the same message over and over in every second post.

Ok I get it... But I don't want to be thinking about your dark messages on a daily basis. Not here to be converted

FBD
09-23-2020, 04:08 PM
Not here to be converted

Wait a lil bit, reality will catch up and we can all laugh at that too

I'm not here to berate ya, but when you say globalist-isms...

PorkChopSandwiches
09-23-2020, 04:36 PM

And just out of curiosity, who is armed in this scenario :demon:

lost in melb.
09-23-2020, 04:51 PM
The only actual wealth disparity that exists is from people breaking the law. Anything else that's lawful under the normal course of business and salaries thereof are really not even a problem. The international banking entities KNOW they are defrauding everyone, which is why they have gone to such great lengths to plant operatives all over the place and subvert local laws to introduce their own wherever possible.

When those entities are eliminated, its going to be like when you remove the fkn sock from the end of the vacuum cleaner.

I am no more or less radicalized than the day I joined this site, brotha. I've just gone down into the mines and seen teh things. You have stayed where the information is curated, where they tell you the dark places are fairy tales.

Wait a lil bit, reality will catch up and we can all laugh at that too

I'm not here to berate ya, but when you say globalist-isms...

Fine, so let's give it a break yeah. When all the paedophile networks are rounded up then you can say told you so

FBD
09-23-2020, 04:55 PM
Fine, so let's give it a break yeah. When all the paedophile networks are rounded up then you can say told you so

not really a good time for the request since things are going to be heating up :lol: I'll try to take it easy on ya bro :razz: but among the issues also is that a lot of this stuff overlaps, so I'll try to keep context contextual

lost in melb.
09-23-2020, 06:29 PM
Well, I can always non-engage I guess. Pity if it comes to that :wha:

FBD
09-23-2020, 06:58 PM
Well, I can always non-engage I guess. Pity if it comes to that :wha:
If you're thinking of non engagement, I'd suggest starting with the limbic response. You cant let yourself get riled up when you read things that are contrary to how the TV told you things are. I dont get riled up when you come up with the 6972nd flavor of orange man bad or call me crazy :P