PDA

View Full Version : Drug bust after bike chase, suspect saying "I just need to poop"

Teh One Who Knocks
09-23-2020, 11:01 AM
by Action News Staff

https://i.imgur.com/ifypRmT.png

YAKIMA -- A Yakima man is under arrest and facing a dozen serious drug and identity theft charges after what began with a bicycle missing a light.

Police say Saturday evening an officer noticed a man riding a bike south on 10th Avenue in Yakima without a light on his bicycle.

The officer saying he decided to stop the man to talk to him about the importance of having a light on his bicycle on a dark roadway at night.

After the officer turned on his emergency lights YPD says the man didn’t pull over and instead tried to get away, making multiple turns and pedaling the bike extremely fast.

At the 1700 block of Pleasant Avenue police say the man ditched the bicycle, threw a backpack on the ground and began running down a driveway.

Police say the man tripped while trying to jump a 3 foot fence, and the officer yelled he’d use his tazer on him if he kept running.

At that point the officer says the man put his hands up exclaiming “I just need to poop.”

38-year-old Samuel C Riojas was arrested.

In searching Riojas and the bag he they say he tossed away, police say they found 3 different cell phones, brass knuckles, a pill cutter, $240 in counterfeit currency marked “prop only”, well over a hundred blue oxycodone pills laced with fentanyl, 9 suboxone strips, two pipes, a scale, numerous knives, and some suspicious checks.

Police say they also discovered that Riojas had felony warrants for a DOC violation, possession of heroin, and identity theft.

Investigators say they tracked down the owners of the suspicious checks and found that they were from two people who said they had recently had checks stolen from them.

Riojas faces 4 Charges of Possession with Intent to Deliver, Possession of Drug Paraphernalia, 5 Counts Possession of Stolen Property, and Two counts of Identity Theft.

PorkChopSandwiches
09-23-2020, 04:43 PM
:poop: