PDA

View Full Version : DHS Video Characterizes White Americans as Most Likely Terrorists

PorkChopSandwiches
07-21-2011, 07:55 PM
A new promotional video released by the Department of Homeland Security characterizes white middle class Americans as the most likely terrorists, as Big Sis continues its relentless drive to cement the myth that mad bombers are hiding around every corner, when in reality Americans are just as likely to be killed by lightning strikes or peanut allergies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7q3bWEvl7o

The video is part of Homeland Security’s $10 million dollar “See Something, Say Something” program that encourages Americans to report “suspicious activity,” which in every case throughout history has been a trait of oppressive, dictatorial regimes.
In the course of the 10 minute clip, a myriad of different behaviors are characterized as terrorism, including opposing surveillance, using a video camera, talking to police officers, wearing hoodies, driving vans, writing on a piece of paper, and using a cell phone recording application.

Despite encouraging viewers not to pay attention to a person’s race in determining whether or not they may be a terrorist, almost all of the scenarios in the clip proceed to portray white people as the most likely terrorists. Bizarrely, nearly every single one of the “patriotic” Americans who reports on their fellow citizen is either black, Asian or Arab. Imagine if the video had portrayed every terrorist as an Arab and every patriotic snoop as white, there’d be an outcry and rightly so, but this strange reversal must have been deliberate on the part of the DHS, but why? Is this merely political correctness taken to the extreme or is something deeper at work?

Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that the DHS’ own internal documents list predominantly white conservative groups as the most likely terrorists, such as Ron Paul supporters, gun owners, gold bullion enthusiasts, and a myriad of other comparatively banal political interests that are largely the domain of white middle class Americans.
This has little to do with the color of a person’s skin, and everything to do with the fact that white, middle class Americans are the biggest roadblock when it comes to Big Sis expanding its control over every facet of American society.

It’s plain to see that very little of the budget for this video went towards paying for decent actors, but perhaps it’s fitting that the participants were about as believable as Santa and his elves, because the notion that terrorists are hovering around every underground parking lot waiting to blow up federal buildings is demonstrably false.

As Ohio University’s John Mueller has documented, the likelihood of actually being a victim of terrorism is infinitesimally small, and only highlights how such threats are hyperbolically exaggerated for political purposes.

Figures collected by Mueller clearly show that Americans are just as likely to be killed by lightning strikes, accident-causing deer, or severe allergic reactions to peanuts.
But the facts don’t matter for a federal agency whose primary function is to manufacture fear to keep Americans under control and submissive to the fact that their economic futures and their constitutional rights are being torn to shreds by their own government while it points to a contrived outside threat as a convenient distraction.

“At its core, the video is filled with scenes of ordinary citizens spying on each other and alerting the authorities to their compatriots’ suspicious deeds,” writes Simon Black. In my favorite scene, a woman calls the police after snooping over the shoulder of a young man typing away on his smartphone.”

Black notes that such videos are solely aimed at reinforcing ignorance, hate and fear for those who still live in darkness and are completely unaware of the real agenda behind Homeland Security’s “see something, say something” charade.
But what is that agenda?

No matter where you look, from East Germany, to Communist Russia, to Nazi Germany, historically governments who encourage their own citizens to report on each other do so not for any genuine safety concerns or presumed benefits to security, but in order to create an authoritarian police state that coerces the people into policing each other’s behavior and thoughts.

As Robert Gellately of Florida State University has highlighted, Germans under Hitler denounced their neighbors and friends not because they genuinely believed them to be a security threat, but because they expected to selfishly benefit from doing so, both financially, socially and psychologically via a pavlovian need to be rewarded by their masters for their obedience.

At the height of its influence around one in seven of the East German population was an informant for the Stasi. As in Nazi Germany, the creation of an informant system was wholly centered around identifying political dissidents and those with grievances against the state, and had little or nothing to do with genuine security concerns.
This is the kind of society the Department of Homeland Security is, whether deliberately or inadvertently, recreating in 21st century America. It is about as far removed as you can possibly get from the vision the founders of the nation had in mind when they created the Bill of Rights and the Declaration of Independence.

Muddy
07-21-2011, 07:56 PM
Probably because whitey won't bitch and whine and stand up for his rights... We'd rather sit back and hand over any bit of dignity we have left to a bunch of fucks that hate us..

PorkChopSandwiches
07-21-2011, 08:00 PM
Yep

Whitey
07-21-2011, 09:04 PM
Damn right brotha!

Pony
07-21-2011, 09:12 PM
:roll:

Griffin
07-21-2011, 09:31 PM
There have been way more terrorist acts on American soil by white supremest /neo-nazis than any foreign groups.

Hal-9000
07-21-2011, 10:10 PM
Tim McVey comes to mind....I can't take any of these findings seriously though

white middle class Americans are the most likely candidates? Does that mean Lance :shock:

Teh One Who Knocks
07-21-2011, 10:12 PM
There have been way more terrorist acts on American soil by white supremest /neo-nazis than any foreign groups.

Not in the last 20 years

Tim McVey comes to mind....I can't take any of these findings seriously though

white middle class Americans are the most likely candidates? Does that mean Lance :shock:

:shifty:

Deepsepia
07-22-2011, 05:23 AM
A new promotional video released by the Department of Homeland Security characterizes white middle class Americans as the most likely terrorists,

Ridiculous.

Despite encouraging viewers not to pay attention to a person’s race in determining whether or not they may be a terrorist, almost all of the scenarios in the clip proceed to portray white people as the most likely terrorists.

I watched the video. The assertion is the product of paranoia. You watch the video, and you see something completely at odds with the assertion.

Watching the video, the clear point in the portrayals of the terrorist is not to give them any particulars-- its their behaviors you're supposed to be noting. To that end, their faces are generally obscured, but there certainly are instances where the "terrorists" appear to be middle eastern, and they explicitly display news stories of middle eastern/muslim terrorists, as for example, the Times Square bomber Faisal Sha[h]zad

http://picload.org/image/lwadwo/previewscreensna.jpg

And unless its a very, very, very suntanned white guy, I'm going to say that this "terrrorist" is black

http://picload.org/image/lwaaod/firefoxscreensna.jpg

If there is a slant to it, its that they appear to be trying to get the public's assistance in identifying "lone wolf" type operators, rather than al Qaeda. That makes sense, as we haven't actually been attacked by al Qaeda in the US in a decade, but there have been lots of "lone wolves". We have a lot of intelligence that the bad guys have purposefully tried to recruit folks who are converts or who look less middle eastern, folks like Adam Gadahn . . . the point they're trying to make is "look for suspicious behavior".

I'd add that "looking like a white guy" doesn't really mean much: here's the Fort Hood shooter, Nidal Hassan . . . who looks a lot like my uncle, and pretty much any other balding Italian guy. Many of the middle Eastern folks in the US who we worry about "look white"-- Palestinians, Turks, Syrians, many Egyptians basically are very Caucasian.
http://picload.org/image/lwaaad/fort_hood_shooti.jpg

and of course, the resemblance of Khalid Sheikh Muhammed to Ron Jeremy is notorious

http://picload.org/image/lwaali/firefoxscreensna.jpg

JoeyB
07-22-2011, 05:48 AM
And unless its a very, very, very suntanned white guy, I'm going to say that this "terrrorist" is black

and of course, the resemblance of Khalid Sheikh Muhammed to Ron Jeremy is notorious

So, what are you telling us it that suntanned dudes and Ron Jeremy are the biggest threats to our national security?

Deepsepia
07-22-2011, 05:53 AM
So, what are you telling us it that suntanned dudes and Ron Jeremy are the biggest threats to our national security?

You nailed it baby . . . I'm gonna say that Ron Jeremy is more threatening.

http://picload.org/image/lwaaco/rj.jpg

JoeyB
07-22-2011, 06:08 AM
You nailed it baby . . . I'm gonna say that Ron Jeremy is more threatening.

Thank you sweetie, I thought I had. I once saw Ron Jeremy fellate himself in a video. If that wasn't an act of terrorism, I don't know what is.

Deepsepia
07-22-2011, 06:27 AM
Thank you sweetie, I thought I had. I once saw Ron Jeremy fellate himself in a video. If that wasn't an act of terrorism, I don't know what is.

Hey, as he says "its sex with someone you love"

redred
07-22-2011, 08:10 AM
but is it a gift?

FBD
07-22-2011, 10:48 AM
the country is going to heave a huge sigh of relief come 15 months from now

Teh One Who Knocks
07-22-2011, 11:05 AM
White people should all be shot immediately :x

FBD
07-22-2011, 11:44 AM
:-k well, if you said blacks, hispanics, muslims, we'd probably have the internet police show up for racism [-(

PorkChopSandwiches
07-22-2011, 02:48 PM
I reported my son as a terrorist last night.....just to be on the safe side.

Hal-9000
07-22-2011, 02:51 PM
I reported you PCS :oops:

you look like Ron Jeremy

redred
07-22-2011, 02:55 PM
I reported you PCS :oops:

you look like Ron Jeremy

but have you seen him suck his own cock?

PorkChopSandwiches
07-22-2011, 03:01 PM
If I could suck my own cock, I wouldnt have time to play around here with all of you.

redred
07-22-2011, 03:02 PM
:lol:

i bet you'd swallow as well wouldn't you

PorkChopSandwiches
07-22-2011, 03:14 PM
facial

Teh One Who Knocks
07-22-2011, 04:07 PM
I reported the entire forum as a terrorist cell, just as a precaution

Muddy
07-22-2011, 04:09 PM
Has anyone invited Sertes over yet?

fricnjay
07-22-2011, 04:19 PM
:facepalm: That is all.

Hal-9000
07-22-2011, 04:23 PM
If I could suck my own cock, I wouldnt have time to play around here with all of you.

I'm sorry PCS....you don't look like Jeremy.You have much more body hair :thumbsup:

Hal-9000
07-22-2011, 04:24 PM
Has anyone invited Sertes over yet?

There's a little bit of Sertes in all of us :thumbsup:

PorkChopSandwiches
07-22-2011, 04:25 PM
I'm sorry PCS....you don't look like Jeremy.You have much more body hair :thumbsup:

:tup:

Teh One Who Knocks
07-22-2011, 04:29 PM
There's a little bit of Sertes in all of us :thumbsup:

:tinfoil:

fricnjay
07-22-2011, 04:31 PM
Being in the business of marketing I can say without a doubt the fact that this video was made by DHS says something.

Teh One Who Knocks
07-22-2011, 04:33 PM
Being in the business of marketing I can say without a doubt the fact that this video was made by DHS says something.

White people are evil terrorists :tup:

fricnjay
07-22-2011, 04:35 PM
Oh I promise there is a much more sinister motive behind something like this. This kind of video can only be classified one way...propaganda. The question is what is the real motivation behind it.

Deepsepia
07-23-2011, 07:06 AM
White people are evil terrorists :tup:

They can be. So can brown, yellow or black people. What the DHS video is saying -- for those who actually watched it-- is to pay attention not to who people are, but to what they are doing.

Every major act of terrorism has been a "surprise" in one way or another-- yet in each case, there was some opportunity for someone to say "hey, something's not right here", not based on ethnicity, but based on clear demonstration of murderous intent and/or practical preparations consistent with preparations for a terrorist act. If someone decides to take flying lessons, and landing is unimportant to him you don't really want to say "ah, but he's a Norwegian, so its not a problem . . ."

http://picload.org/image/lwloci/anders.jpg

Teh One Who Knocks
07-23-2011, 11:19 AM
Should we profile Muslims?

In 1968 Bobby Kennedy was shot and killed by
a. Superman
b. Jay Lenno
c. Harry Potter
d. Muslim male extremist between the ages of 17 and 40

2. In 1972 at the Munich Olympics, athletes were kidnapped and massacred by
a. Olga Corbett
b. Sitting Bull
c. Arnold Schwarzenegger
d. Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40

3. In 1979, the US embassy in Iran was taken over by:
a. Lost Norwegians
b. Elvis
c. A tour bus full of 80-year-old women

4.During the 1980's a number of Americans were kidnapped in Lebanon by:
a. John Dillinger
b. The King of Sweden
c. The Boy Scouts

5. In 1983, the US Marine barracks in Beirut was blown up by:
a. A pizza delivery boy
b. Pee Wee Herman
c. Geraldo Rivera

6. In 1985 the cruise ship Achille Lauro was hijacked and a 70 year old American passenger was murdered and thrown overboard in his wheelchair by:
a. The Smurfs
b. Davy Jones
c. The Little Mermaid

7.In 1985 TWA flight 847 was hijacked at Athens, and a US Navy diver trying to rescue passengers was murdered by:
a. Captain Kidd
b. Charles Lindberg
c. Mother Teresa

8.In 1988, Pan Am Flight 103 was bombed by:
a. Scooby Doo
b. The Tooth Fairy
c. Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid

9. In 1993 the World Trade Center was bombed the first time by:
a. Richard Simmons
b. Grandma Moses
c. Michael Jordan

10.In 1998, the US embassies in Kenya and Tanzania were bombed by:
a. Mr. Rogers
b. Hillary Clinton, to distract attention from Wild Bill' s women problems
c. The World Wrestling Federation

11.On 9/11/01, four airliners were hijacked; two were used as missiles to take out the World Trade Centers and of the remaining two, one crashed
into the US Pentagon and the other was diverted and crashed by the passengers.Thousands of people were killed by:
a. Bugs Bunny, Wiley E. Coyote, Daffy Duck and Elmer Fudd
b. The Supreme Court of Florida
c. Mr. Bean

12.In 2002 the United States fought a war in Afghanistan against:
a. Enron
b. The Lutheran Church
c. The NFL

13. In 2002 reporter Daniel Pearl was kidnapped and murdered by:
a. Bonnie and Clyde
b. Captain Kangaroo
c. Billy Graham
d. Muslim male extremist s mostly between the ages of 17 and 40

14. In 2004 the Spain Railway bombings were carried out by:
a. The Muppets
b. The ghost of Mahatma Gandhi
c. Cruella de Vil

15. In 2005 the London Railway bombings were perpetrated by:
a. a herd of cows suffering from Mad Cow disease
b. The Big Bad Wolf
c. Ron Howard

Pony
07-23-2011, 01:32 PM
Damn, got every one right except one.

*still doesn't trust Captain Kangaroo since the incident in '75*

FBD
07-23-2011, 02:21 PM
:lol: I knew deep wouldnt see this as propaganda.

I basically think they're seeing how many people would like to get their hands around Obama's throat, so of course all those people must have terrorist tendencies. :mrgreen:

Deepsepia
07-23-2011, 02:42 PM
:lol: I knew deep wouldnt see this as propaganda.

Because I watched the film, unlike everyone else who's commenting on it.

The assertion "DHS Video Characterizes White Americans as Most Likely Terrorists" is flat out wrong.

The DHS video never says that-- and it doesn't imply that either.

What it says is to pay attention to behavior, and to report suspicious behavior.

Which is correct. That isn't "propaganda" -- its the right thing to do.

Even if you believe that our terrorist threat comes chiefly from Muslims, as I pointed out, lots of Muslims look "white", so deciding "gee, he's white, sell him the fertilizer and blasting caps" probably isn't a great idea

http://picload.org/image/lwccrp/bashar-assad.jpg

FBD
07-23-2011, 04:05 PM
:lol: sure man, we already knew you were defending this one. shills do that sort of thing where they'll blindly support those with whom they ideologically agree.

wha, see, its an innocent enough assertion, how can you claim something nefarious? :roll:

suuure, just like ol Georgey Soros is a wonderful philanthropist who wants to see a wonderful sparkling utopia (and then miss that its 'his utopia')

for someone that supposedly analyzes things so carefully, when the ideology is on your side you just toss entire lines of questioning right out the window and see things at face value as presented, but when the ideology doesnt conform, why there's a million things you can nitpick at.

:thumbsup:

Deepsepia
07-23-2011, 04:18 PM
:lol: sure man, we already knew you were defending this one. shills do that sort of thing where they'll blindly support those with whom they ideologically agree.

Have you actually watched the video? It does NOT "characterize White Americans as Most likely terrorists".

That's a fact. See the way it works is: find out the facts, and then draw your conclusions. I know you prefer to do it this way:

ya know, in case anyone doesnt know already that its islamic f;n terrorists...

. . .but have you noticed that your habit of deciding stuff before you actually know anything about it means that you end up being wrong . . . well, pretty much all the time.

As is the case with the video.

If you actually watch the video, you'd see that the point its making is "pay more attention to suspicious stuff people are doing than to what they might look like".

And as we've seen, that's good advice.

JoeyB
07-23-2011, 09:25 PM
shills do that sort of thing where they'll blindly support those with whom they ideologically agree.

With all due respect FBD, this is you in a nutshell, I have rarely encountered someone so incredibly biased and hardheaded as you are. The amazing thing is, you are so far right wing and have no perception of how over the line you are.

I'm reminded of a guy (of some local importance) in the area I live in, complaining that the local news stations were so 'unbearably liberal' that he could not tolerate watching them.

Our local news stations that never said a negative word about Bush, that only reported positive war news, and that often starts off with 'hunting reports' and can't go three minutes without talking up how wonderful 'the troops' are. Our local news act like 'Fox News' satellite shows, lots of flag waving propaganda, little fact.

And they are too liberal for him.

You are like that...so far over the line that you've lost all perspective and reason.

Pony
07-23-2011, 09:39 PM
Seeing as all the constructive posts seemed to have ended...

...thread locked.

Goofy
07-23-2011, 10:29 PM
Should we profile Muslims?

In 1968 Bobby Kennedy was shot and killed by
a. Superman
b. Jay Lenno
c. Harry Potter
d. Muslim male extremist between the ages of 17 and 40

2. In 1972 at the Munich Olympics, athletes were kidnapped and massacred by
a. Olga Corbett
b. Sitting Bull
c. Arnold Schwarzenegger

3. In 1979, the US embassy in Iran was taken over by:
a. Lost Norwegians
b. Elvis
c. A tour bus full of 80-year-old women

4.During the 1980's a number of Americans were kidnapped in Lebanon by:
a. John Dillinger
b. The King of Sweden
c. The Boy Scouts

5. In 1983, the US Marine barracks in Beirut was blown up by:
a. A pizza delivery boy
b. Pee Wee Herman
c. Geraldo Rivera

6. In 1985 the cruise ship Achille Lauro was hijacked and a 70 year old American passenger was murdered and thrown overboard in his wheelchair by:
a. The Smurfs
b. Davy Jones
c. The Little Mermaid

7.In 1985 TWA flight 847 was hijacked at Athens, and a US Navy diver trying to rescue passengers was murdered by:
a. Captain Kidd
b. Charles Lindberg
c. Mother Teresa

8.In 1988, Pan Am Flight 103 was bombed by:
a. Scooby Doo
b. The Tooth Fairy
c. Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid

9. In 1993 the World Trade Center was bombed the first time by:
a. Richard Simmons
b. Grandma Moses
c. Michael Jordan

10.In 1998, the US embassies in Kenya and Tanzania were bombed by:
a. Mr. Rogers
b. Hillary Clinton, to distract attention from Wild Bill' s women problems
c. The World Wrestling Federation

11.On 9/11/01, four airliners were hijacked; two were used as missiles to take out the World Trade Centers and of the remaining two, one crashed
into the US Pentagon and the other was diverted and crashed by the passengers.Thousands of people were killed by:
a. Bugs Bunny, Wiley E. Coyote, Daffy Duck and Elmer Fudd
b. The Supreme Court of Florida
c. Mr. Bean

12.In 2002 the United States fought a war in Afghanistan against:
a. Enron
b. The Lutheran Church
c. The NFL

13. In 2002 reporter Daniel Pearl was kidnapped and murdered by:
a. Bonnie and Clyde
b. Captain Kangaroo
c. Billy Graham
d. Muslim male extremist s mostly between the ages of 17 and 40

14. In 2004 the Spain Railway bombings were carried out by:
a. The Muppets
b. The ghost of Mahatma Gandhi
c. Cruella de Vil

15. In 2005 the London Railway bombings were perpetrated by:
a. a herd of cows suffering from Mad Cow disease
b. The Big Bad Wolf
c. Ron Howard

Thought i'd have a go at the quiz Lance......... some of the questions were tricky but i think i nailed most of them :tup:

Pony
07-23-2011, 11:10 PM
#13 the correct answer is "B".

You score is 90% A- and you get a gold star.

Goofy
07-24-2011, 12:12 AM
:woot:

Teh One Who Knocks
07-24-2011, 11:23 AM
Thought i'd have a go at the quiz Lance......... some of the questions were tricky but i think i nailed most of them :tup:

It was supposed to be tricky :thumbsup: