PDA

View Full Version : Anonymous hackers tweet defiant statement to FBI

Teh One Who Knocks
07-21-2011, 10:25 PM
By Mike Wehner, Tecca

http://i.imgur.com/RokyU.jpg

Just days after a massive nationwide crackdown on suspected members of hacker brigade Anonymous, the faceless online entity issued a statement directed at the FBI. In a joint action with LulzSec — a hacker troupe closely associated with Anonymous — the statement warns that the efforts of law enforcement to bring down the group will only serve to bring more members into its ranks.

The statement was a response to FBI director Steve Chabinsky, who said shortly after this week's raids "We want to send a message that chaos on the Internet is unacceptable, [even if] hackers can be believed to have social causes, it's entirely unacceptable to break into websites and commit unlawful acts."

In recent months, the "hacktivists" have been implicated in attacks on Sony, Paypal, credit card companies Mastercard and Visa, and even the Pentagon. The FBI's raids earlier this week consisted of 35 search warrants executed from coast to coast, and nabbed a total of 16 suspected hackers as well as mounds of computer equipment.

However, Anonymous and LulzSec haven't missed a beat, and remain as defiant as ever, stating "These governments and corporations are our enemy. And we will continue to fight them, with all methods we have at our disposal, and that certainly includes breaking into their websites and exposing their lies."

"We are not scared any more. Your threats to arrest us are meaningless to us as you cannot arrest an idea. Any attempt to do so will make your citizens more angry until they will roar in one gigantic choir. It is our mission to help these people and there is nothing - absolutely nothing - you can possibly to do make us stop."

The FBI hasn't officially responded to the statement, though it likely already has its hands full attempting to pin convictions on the 16 suspected hackers already in custody. Whatever the case, it's clear that neither side is willing to budge, and we're likely just scratching the surface of this virtual conflict.

Hal-9000
07-21-2011, 10:42 PM
:shock:

Eyes Only from Dark Angel?

Softdreamer
07-22-2011, 09:35 AM
I have to say I support some of their ideals, in this modern world it is good to have somebody watching those that watch over us.
and like in all good superhero comics or movies, that person cannot do that without breaking laws.
Hacking into the FBI database does not threaten anyones life, but if data on there exposes illegal activity that is morally wrong, then the illegal nature of that hack is justified

Anonymous are largely just random people that act as Canaries in the mine, Lulz are their special forces called in to do the job when needed.

If governments and corporations were completely transparent and open with us there would be no need for either, until that day, i raise a glass to these whistle-blowers. Although the majority of the stuff they actually do is mundane :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
07-22-2011, 10:47 AM
Yup, these guys are heroes all right :rolleyes:

Softdreamer
07-22-2011, 10:55 AM
so the powerful should be able to operate unquestioned? and unchallenged?
and anyone trying to expose anything should be strung up?
Sounds like facism to me.

Alot of what these people do is mundane and childish. But then thats life for most of us anyway.

Teh One Who Knocks
07-22-2011, 10:58 AM
So if companies like Visa, Mastercard, and Amazon decide not to do business with people helping the asshole at Wikileaks, it's okay for these "heroes" to hack into their company and expose their customers personal information?

Yeah, nothing wrong with that...carry on you heroes of the people :cheers:

Softdreamer
07-22-2011, 11:13 AM
I think you'll find the issue here is 'the asshole at wikileaks'.
He is a journalist publishing stories that others have released to him. Most of which are either crimes or morally ambiguous actions by the same powerful companies. and Visa Paypal etc pulled the rug out from underneath wikileaks because of fear of the US governments action to cover up these dubious activities it did.
Since then the US are climbing down on their classification of wikileaks.
The attacks were childish retribution yes, but they were not majorly damaging. they were nothing more than a wake up call.

Its not like they dropped a bomb on a wedding party, then labeled the dead terrorists so they didnt look bad or anything.

and if a company has such loosely guarded personal information, they are guilty of a breach of the data protection act. By this temporary exposure, the security of personal information is being controlled better.
Im not saying everything these groups have done is right, but I am willing to suffer a few wrongs, in order to keep "fear of the truth being exposed" on the minds of the powerful, it may stop them behaving badly in the first place.

FBD
07-22-2011, 11:46 AM
hail transparency :lol:

at the same time,

fcuk these loser hacker douchebags

Muddy
07-22-2011, 12:30 PM
hail transparency :lol:

Really dude... wow.. you amaze me.. Honestly, I think you need some help.. You are so 'far beyond driven' on the Obama thing it's like you have developed a friggin disease... I do love you though, and think you are harmless..

Softdreamer
07-22-2011, 12:37 PM
If there was transparency, then there would be no need for regulation enforcement of any type, let alone whistleblowers or hackers.
If somebody hides something, anything. Then you have to question not whats being hidden, but their motives for doing so, and what else they are hiding.
Look at any scandal and it all starts with a seemingly small cover up.

Acid Trip
07-22-2011, 01:07 PM
If there was transparency, then there would be no need for regulation enforcement of any type, let alone whistleblowers or hackers.
If somebody hides something, anything. Then you have to question not whats being hidden, but their motives for doing so, and what else they are hiding.
Look at any scandal and it all starts with a seemingly small cover up.

:+1: Well said.

Joebob034
07-22-2011, 03:20 PM
I liked these guys better when they were attacking Scientology

Hal-9000
07-22-2011, 07:59 PM
those guys had better watch it...the gov will put a backtrace on them :shock:

:dance:

Muddy
07-22-2011, 08:45 PM