PDA

View Full Version : President Trump, first lady test positive for coronavirus, set to quarantine at White House

Teh One Who Knocks
10-02-2020, 10:19 AM
By Brooke Singman | Fox News

President Trump announced early Friday that both he and the First Lady Melania Trump tested positive for COVID-19 and will quarantine at the White House.

“Tonight, @FLOTUS and I tested positive for COVID-19,” the president tweeted. “We will begin our quarantine and recovery process immediately.”
He added: “We will get through this TOGETHER!”

A White House source told Fox News shortly after the president’s tweet that he and the first lady are “fine” and are in the quarantine process at the White House.
Melania Trump also tweeted, "As too many Americans have done this year, @POTUS & I are quarantining at home after testing positive for COVID-19. We are feeling good & I have postponed all upcoming engagements. Please be sure you are staying safe & we will all get through this together."

Dr. Sean P. Conley, the president’s physician, also confirmed Trump and the first lady’s positive COVID-19 tests.
“This evening I received confirmation that both President Trump and First Lady Melania Trump have tested positive for the SARS-coV-2- virus,” Conley said. “The President and First Lady are both well at this time, and they plan to remain at home within the White House during their convalescence.”

“The White House medical team and I will maintain a vigilant watch, and I appreciate the support provided by some of our country’s greatest medical professionals and institutions,” he continued.
He added: “Rest assured I expected the President to continue carrying out his duties without disruption while recovering, and I will keep you updated on any future developments.”

Meanwhile, Vice President Mike Pence early Friday tweeted, offering prayers for the president and first lady.

"Karen and I send our love and prayers to our dear friends President @realDonaldTrump and @FLOTUS Melania Trump," Pence tweeted. "We join millions across America praying for their full and swift recovery. God bless you President Trump & our wonderful First Lady Melania."
It is unclear when the vice president and second lady were last tested for COVID-19.

A spokesperson for Pence did not immediately respond to Fox News' request for comment.

A White House official told Fox News on Friday that most West Wing officials and staff who are in close proximity to the president are tested for COVID-19 daily.

Another White House official told Fox News that White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows tested negative for COVID-19 in his most recent test. That test, according to the official, was conducted as part of normal protocol.

The president and first lady’s positive coronavirus tests came just hours after news surfaced that senior White House adviser Hope Hicks tested positive for COVID-19.

"Hope Hicks, who has been working so hard without even taking a small break, has just tested positive for Covid 19," Trump tweeted late Thursday. "Terrible! The First Lady and I are waiting for our test results. In the meantime, we will begin our quarantine process!"
In a statement, White House spokesman Judd Deere said the president “takes the health and safety of himself and everyone who works in support of him and the American people very seriously.”

“White House Operations collaborates with the Physician to the President and the White House Military Office to ensure all plans and procedures incorporate current CDC guidelines and best practices for limiting COVID-19 exposure to the greatest extent possible both on complex and when the President is traveling,” Deere said.

White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany tweeted that "the strength of the entire country is with President @realDonaldTrump and @FLOTUS."

"America stands united. Our country stands strong," McEnany tweeted. "Your President will continue to put the People first!"
World Health Organization (WHO) Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus would also wish Trump a "full and speedy recovery."
"My best wishes to President @realDonaldTrump and @FLOTUS for a full and speedy recovery," he tweeted on Friday morning.

Chancellor Angela Merkel would also send her best wishes to Donald and Melania Trump, according to a tweet by Steffen Seibert, a government spokesman for Germany.

DemonGeminiX
10-02-2020, 11:00 AM
Awww, Hope Hicks has it too? She's hot.

Teh One Who Knocks
10-02-2020, 11:40 AM

DemonGeminiX
10-02-2020, 11:42 AM
Wow, total class. [/sarcasm]

Goofy
10-02-2020, 12:15 PM
Fake news :hand:

FBD
10-02-2020, 04:24 PM
Fake news :hand:

Remember Obama's 2012 NDAA legalized such propaganda ;)

PorkChopSandwiches
10-02-2020, 04:25 PM
He will come out fine proving its all a hoax :lol:

Goofy
10-02-2020, 05:36 PM
Remember Obama's 2012 NDAA legalized such propaganda ;)
I'm Scottish, so nope, i don't remember :lol: I rarely pay attention to politics or politicians, contest to see who can tell the best lies.

FBD
10-02-2020, 06:39 PM
I'm Scottish, so nope, i don't remember :lol: I rarely pay attention to politics or politicians, contest to see who can tell the best lies.

https://www.businessinsider.com/ndaa-legalizes-propaganda-2012-5

The amendment — proposed by Mac Thornberry (R-Texas) and Adam Smith (D-Wash.) and passed in the House last Friday afternoon — would effectively nullify the Smith-Mundt Act of 1948, which explicitly forbids information and psychological operations aimed at influencing U.S. public opinion.

Shortly thereafter, Sandy Hook, but I digress...

lost in melb.
10-03-2020, 02:44 AM
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1312158400352972800

DemonGeminiX
10-03-2020, 04:32 AM
He was taken to Walter Reed Hospital for the weekend.

lost in melb.
10-03-2020, 02:24 PM
Thank you for yet again dominating every single newspaper article or Google feed in the entire world, America.

Thank you very much, no truly

:uhhuh:

Griffin
10-03-2020, 02:29 PM
well, when you have to view the world from your livingroom

lost in melb.
10-03-2020, 02:32 PM
well, when you have to view the world from your livingroom

it's not just the living room, whenever I go into a newsagent or a supermarket or a petrol station. It's everywhere :hills:

FBD
10-03-2020, 03:41 PM
it's not just the living room, whenever I go into a newsagent or a supermarket or a petrol station. It's everywhere :hills:

the world changes this election, brotha. no matter what the actual outcome, acceleration happens.

Teh One Who Knocks
10-03-2020, 05:32 PM
Thank you for yet again dominating every single newspaper article or Google feed in the entire world, America.

Thank you very much, no truly

:uhhuh:You can always move to that remote and restricted island, the one off, I believe, the Indian coast. The one completely covered in dense trees with the natives that throw spears at planes and outsiders. :tup:

lost in melb.
10-03-2020, 05:37 PM
You can always move to that remote and restricted island, the one off, I believe, the Indian coast. The one completely covered in dense trees with the natives that throw spears at planes and outsiders. :tup:

They have a hard border closure :sad2:

Pony
10-03-2020, 07:29 PM

Don't forget social media. Can't get away from it. I feel bad for all the little kids that are growing up in this environment where they can't escape adult issues. It's doesn't help when many adults are acting like children either.

Teh One Who Knocks
10-05-2020, 10:30 AM
By Edmund DeMarche | Fox News

https://i.imgur.com/KHyKWyGl.jpg

The White House on Sunday released a new photograph of President Trump working out of Walter Reed National Military Medical Center in Bethesda, Md., while undergoing treatment for COVID-19.

The photo was taken after the president fielded calls from Vice President Mike Pence, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Mark Milley. The caption said Mark Meadows, Trump’s chief of staff, was also in the room at the time.

Trump has been trying to project an image of strength during his brief stay at the hospital but has faced a few health scares in recent days, including two instances where his blood oxygen level dropped suddenly. Trump was given a dose of the steroid dexamethasone in response.

Meadows told Fox News' "Justice with Judge Jeanine" Saturday night that the president was experiencing symptoms that had his staff "real concerned" on Friday, including fever and low blood oxygen level. But he appears to be recovering.

A normal blood oxygen reading is between 95 and 100. Dr. Sean Conley, who is Trump’s personal physician, said the president had a “high fever” and a blood oxygen level below 94% on Friday and during “another episode” on Saturday.

His medical team said they’ve been encouraged by the president’s energy and test results and said he might be able to be discharged from the hospital on Monday.
The president took a brief trip outside the hospital to greet supporters who’ve gathered outside. The president was criticized by many on social media that he jeopardized members of the Secret Service for a photo-op.

White House Deputy Press Secretary Judd Deere said in a statement "that appropriate precautions were taken in the execution of this movement to protect the President and all those supporting it, including PPE. The movement was cleared by the medical team as safe to do.”

Muddy
10-05-2020, 02:26 PM

FBD
10-05-2020, 05:55 PM
https://i.imgur.com/zLSyeor.jpg

FBD
10-05-2020, 05:58 PM
https://i.imgur.com/p6jpNTI.png

lost in melb.
10-06-2020, 01:08 AM
Glad to see President Trump is fully recovered.

Debate number 2 next week ;)