PDA

View Full Version : Texas cop charged with murder in connection to Jonathan Price shooting: reports

Teh One Who Knocks
10-06-2020, 10:26 AM
By Edmund DeMarche | Fox News

https://i.imgur.com/4bOXQBll.jpg

The Texas police officer allegedly involved in a shooting at a gas station on Saturday that resulted in the death of Jonathan Price was arrested and charged with murder, reports said.

Shaun David Lucas, an officer at the Wolfe City Police Department, was responding that night to a domestic disturbance call about a possible fight in progress, read a statement from the Texas Rangers, obtained by local media.

The statement said Price, 31, who is Black, was reportedly involved “in the disturbance” and when Lucas tried to detain him, he “resisted in a non-threatening posture and began walking away.” Lucas deployed his Taser and fired his gun, striking Price, the statement alleged. Price, who was reportedly unarmed, died at a nearby hospital.
The statement said that a “preliminary investigation indicates that the actions of Officer Lucas were not objectionably reasonable.”

Price’s relatives described him as a model citizen and said he was trying to break up an argument between a man and a woman, Fox 4 News reported.

Junior Price, his father, told the station, “I loved my son, and I tried to bring him up to do the right thing.”

Price’s relatives told CBS 11 News that there is a video that shows the shooting was a criminal act.

Lucas posted his $1 million bond, the report said.

FBD
10-06-2020, 12:03 PM
I dont know where it came about that it became all of a sudden acceptable for people to just decline being detained by the police, tell them to fuck off and walk/run away and expect the cops to just say oh well, he walked away, not much we can do about it.

Teh One Who Knocks
10-06-2020, 12:12 PM
I dont know where it came about that it became all of a sudden acceptable for people to just decline being detained by the police, tell them to fuck off and walk/run away and expect the cops to just say oh well, he walked away, not much we can do about it.

Exactly right. No matter what the issue is, just do what the cop asks you to do. If it's just something routine and your first instinct is to be an ass and resist arrest, then you get what you get and I have ZERO sympathy for you. But if the cop is in the wrong, then STILL do what the cop tells you to do and sort it out afterwards. That's how you don't get beaten up/shot by the cops. And if it's especially egregious, you can get a lawyer and sue. But once you decide to fight with the cops, it's game on.

FBD
10-06-2020, 12:40 PM
Exactly right. No matter what the issue is, just do what the cop asks you to do. If it's just something routine and your first instinct is to be an ass and resist arrest, then you get what you get and I have ZERO sympathy for you. But if the cop is in the wrong, then STILL do what the cop tells you to do and sort it out afterwards. That's how you don't get beaten up/shot by the cops. And if it's especially egregious, you can get a lawyer and sue. But once you decide to fight with the cops, it's game on.

Well, I wouldnt agree with "do whatever the cops asks" but more "let 'em do their job"...when you prevent a cop from doing their job, you're fkn asking for it

Teh One Who Knocks
10-06-2020, 03:55 PM
Well, I wouldnt agree with "do whatever the cops asks" but more "let 'em do their job"...when you prevent a cop from doing their job, you're fkn asking for it

You know what I meant :slap: