PDA

View Full Version : Dad, 29, ‘raped and beat his 10-month-old daughter to death before Googling “how do I know if baby is dead”‘

Teh One Who Knocks
10-09-2020, 10:56 AM
Danielle Cinone - The Sun (US Edition)

https://i.imgur.com/Q14MWw4l.png

A 29-YEAR-old dad allegedly raped and beat his 10-month-old daughter to death on Saturday night - before Googling "how do I know if baby is dead."

Austin Stevens was arrested and charged after his daughter Zara Scruggs was fatally assaulted at his apartment in Lower Providence Township, Pennsylvania.

https://i.imgur.com/veaXaCJl.jpg

Montgomery County District Attorney Kevin Steele revealed Zara was found unresponsive around 10.40 pm after a 911 call, CBSN Philly reported.

The 911 call was made approximately an hour after the assault, according to reports.

The emergency workers who transported Zara to the hospital reportedly found her diaper to be soaked in blood.

She was pronounced dead at Einstein Medical Center in Montgomery County not long after midnight.

Speaking at a news conference on Tuesday, Steele called the case "deeply disturbing."

He added: "It is hard to imagine this child’s death being any more traumatic: sexual assault on an infant, followed by inaction by the father to save her life, led to her death."

Detectives later found an unsettling search history in Stevens' cellphone.

One of the questions he asked Google was: "How do you know if a baby is dead."

Also found in his search history were: "If baby stops breathing,” “what if you don’t hear baby heart or beat,” and “my baby isn’t breathing.”

The "multiple" Google searches were conducted between 9.27pm until Stevens called 911.

Police also discovered Stevens had used his phone to chat with two woman before calling authorities.

The conversations with the women were not about his daughter.

Zara's autopsy results confirmed she was the victim of sexual assault.

It also determined she suffered blunt force trauma to the head.

Forensic results, which would reveal Zara's cause of death, are pending.

Stevens has been hit with multiple charges, including: involuntary deviant sexual intercourse, rape of a child, aggravated assault, aggravated indecent assault, and endangering the welfare of a child.

He is being held on $1 million bail at Montgomery County Correctional Facility.

A preliminary hearing for Stevens is set for October 13.

"An investigation into this horrific and deeply disturbing case is ongoing," Steele said.

Griffin
10-09-2020, 11:25 AM
There was episode in the Netflix series of "Black Mirror" called "White Bear".
That's what should happen to this piece of shit.

FBD
10-09-2020, 12:34 PM
woodchipper. immediately.

PorkChopSandwiches
10-12-2020, 07:14 PM
jesus