PDA

View Full Version : Sandwich-throwing brouhaha erupts in McDonald’s drive-thru line in Brook Park

Teh One Who Knocks
10-14-2020, 12:20 PM
By Bob Sandrick, special to cleveland.com

https://i.imgur.com/Ihf5Qtol.jpg

BROOK PARK, Ohio -- A dust-up among three people erupted at about noon Sept. 25 at McDonald’s, 14841 Snow Road.

A 25-year-old woman and a 62-year-old man each entered the two-lane drive-thru line at the restaurant. The woman told police that the man pulled his car in front of hers, while the man said it was the woman’s car that cut him off -- although it’s possible that both occurred.

Security video showed the woman’s car driving around the man’s car in the drive-thru line. The man’s 20-year-old grandson, who was in the man’s passenger seat, threw a sandwich at the woman’s car. The woman then stepped out of her vehicle and stood in front of the man’s car.

The video showed the man pulling his car slightly forward and the woman moving out of the way. She then stood in front of the man’s car again. The woman called someone, presumably police, on her cell phone as she stood in front of the man’s vehicle.

The woman said the sandwich thrown by the grandson had hit her in the face, and that he had yelled and cussed at her. She said she had exited her car to wipe part of the sandwich off the vehicle.

As she took a cell phone picture of the man’s license plate, the man moved his car forward and hit her, she said. She told police she was injured and asked for paramedics.

The man said the woman started the confrontation when she drove around him in the drive-thru line while honking her horn and making an obscene gesture at his grandson. He said that after the woman stood in front of his car, he inched forward to get her to move. She intentionally placed her backside against the front of his car, he said.

Police turned the case over to a prosecutor, who found no cause to file a criminal complaint against anyone, due to lack of evidence.

Muddy
10-14-2020, 12:43 PM
I get pissy in the double drive-thru thing myself.. If it wasn't for my wife someone probably would have been hit in the face with a sandwich by now..

Teh One Who Knocks
10-14-2020, 12:47 PM
I get pissy in the double drive-thru thing myself.. If it wasn't for my wife someone probably would have been hit in the face with a sandwich by now..

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the double drive-thru either. Seems like only McD's does it and if I am going to one, I avoid the ones with the double lanes.

Muddy
10-14-2020, 01:02 PM
Yeah, I'm not a fan of the double drive-thru either. Seems like only McD's does it and if I am going to one, I avoid the ones with the double lanes.

Chik-fil-a has a double as well.. I hate to be droppin' F-bombs up at the Christian Chicken..

FBD
10-14-2020, 01:15 PM
Chik-fil-a has a double as well.. I hate to be droppin' F-bombs up at the Christian Chicken..

yeah but chick fil a has the app, so f waiting in that drive thru line, I'm clicking "I'm here" when I'm 3 lights away so that by the time I roll up and pull into the handicap spot, its 30 seconds and they bring me my food and I'm off and up out :dance:

Teh One Who Knocks
10-14-2020, 01:45 PM

Never paid attention to the CFA drive-thru, mostly because we never use it because there are almost always 49657820956720439 cars in line at their drive-thrus.

Muddy
10-14-2020, 01:50 PM
yeah but chick fil a has the app, so f waiting in that drive thru line, I'm clicking "I'm here" when I'm 3 lights away so that by the time I roll up and pull into the handicap spot, its 30 seconds and they bring me my food and I'm off and up out :dance:

My wife does the same thing.

lost in melb.
10-19-2020, 06:54 AM
We have them here too. It's called squeezing every last drop of efficiency out of the supply chain.

Did you guys also complain about how cheap your meal was? :)

lost in melb.
10-19-2020, 06:58 AM

If you're ever questioned ...pull out your Q badge and make an spastic moan :razz: