PDA

View Full Version : New Jersey high schooler says teacher ordered him to take down Trump banner at home before virtual class

Teh One Who Knocks
10-15-2020, 10:12 AM
By Michael Ruiz | Fox News

https://i.imgur.com/Urm9iGr.png

A New Jersey teen said a teacher ordered him to take down a Donald Trump banner hanging behind him in his home during a virtual class last week, according to local reports.

Anthony Ribeiro, a 17-year-old student at Toms River North High School said the teacher saw the banner and told him to remove it before class.

“He said, 'Anthony take the sign down right now' and I looked up, seeing class hasn't started yet,” the teen told NBC New York. “I was on my phone. I looked up at him and kind of just looked back down like I didn't hear him.”

But the teacher repeated the request and said Ribeiro would have to leave if he refused.

“I waved goodbye, and I was gone,” the teen said.

District officials told the outlet they were addressing the incident and that Ribeiro “was not in violation of any general code of conduct or any policy specifically related to virtual learning.”

The teen’s mother, Tara Jost, told NJ Advance Media the incident shocked her.

“My son takes his academics very seriously, and for this teacher to kick him out of learning that day for something that was in my home…I don’t think he should’ve been kicked out of class for that,” she said.

The family told the outlet that students were given instructions on behavior during virtual classes, including no pajamas and no taking part while in bed – but not about keeping political signs away from cameras.

The news comes shortly after a Utah student was bullied and spat on for wearing a pro-Trump hat to school for in-person classes.

Police in that case have recommended charges against the two girls accused of swiping the hat, stomping on the victim's glasses and spitting in his face.

FBD
10-15-2020, 12:20 PM
:lol: no pajamas....I'm in pajamas right now, I work every fkn day in pajamas except in summer :dance:

asshat teachers need to be disciplined

DemonGeminiX
10-15-2020, 02:19 PM
If he's always sitting in that position with the camera positioned so only that part of his upper body is shown, then how would a person observing his camera feed know whether or not he was wearing pajama bottoms... or any pants at all?

FBD
10-15-2020, 03:06 PM
If he's always sitting in that position with the camera positioned so only that part of his upper body is shown, then how would a person observing his camera feed know whether or not he was wearing pajama bottoms... or any pants at all?

easy, its like what happened to a guy I work with,

you're sitting there with no pants on a meeting with your entire team on video, and your dog jumps up and knocks shit on your desk over and all of your direct reports are treated to a dick shot

but since some of the higher ups like you for some insane fucking reason, HR never gets involved and this asshole still works for my company.

(he was also my boss for a year or so, gave me a shitty review and told me that he had to rate me a 4 out of 5 simply because he gave out all the 2s and 3s already, fucked over one of my buddies convincing him to work on routers that took forever but dont worry I'll make sure that your known lower numbers because of this wont affect your review....guess what, review time comes, look pal your numbers are shit...fuck you Garafolo you piece of shit)

PorkChopSandwiches
10-19-2020, 04:34 PM
:facepalm: