PDA

View Full Version : Guinness Brews Limited-Edition Gingerbread Stout For Holidays

Teh One Who Knocks
11-06-2020, 12:49 PM
By Peter Pham - Foodbeast

https://i.imgur.com/pcoM90A.jpg

Guinness is releasing two new beers that are sure to brighten the mood on an expectedly bleak holiday season for anyone who lives and breathes stouts.

The new Imperial Gingerbread Spiced Stout takes the warm flavors of gingerbread and bakes them straight into your beer. Brewed with allspice, ginger, cinnamon, and nutmeg, the stout boasts an 11% ABV. Holiday pairing suggestions for the gingerbread stout include roasted pork with fig, vanilla pan cotta, or creme brûlée.

I might just have it with some Little Ceasars this holiday if we're being honest.

https://i.imgur.com/23Z1ZKi.jpg

Also joining shelves will be Guinness' barrel-aged Imperial Stout Aged In Bourbon Barrels, which features notes of chocolate, bourbon, coconut, and vanilla. At 10.5% ABV, the Imperial Stout boasts an oaky finish.

You can find these two new Guinness stouts at retailers nationwide for a limited time. Not gonna lie. That gingerbread stout sounds delightful.

FBD
11-06-2020, 01:07 PM
If my brother doesnt find these I'll have to pick him up some for xmas

lost in melb.
11-07-2020, 01:26 AM
Looks delicious

deebakes
11-07-2020, 02:00 AM
i bet the bourbon aged stuff is amaze

FBD
11-07-2020, 02:12 PM
i bet the bourbon aged stuff is amaze

I tried an imperial stout once that was whiskey barreled or some shit, it just tasted wrong and out of place....but I'm a picky bastard :lol:

deebakes
11-07-2020, 03:23 PM
i think you got a bad one. i have had a lot (probably my favorite style is stouts aged in barrels) and they tend to be so smooth and delicious. i am not a hop fan, so ipa's drive me nuts. the aging takes away the bitterness of the hops that i think i am particularly attune to in my palate.

FBD
11-07-2020, 05:53 PM
hehee, see I like hops, its all about the hops. but I'm a picky bastad and dont like bitter, and it gets too astringent if you over hop, so its a delicate balance. I dont think I got a bad one because my buddy got one also and he said it was great. I'm not really that big of a fan of alcohol anyway, I like hops' cousin better :D gotta keep that stomach flat or my back will punish me!

deebakes
11-07-2020, 10:22 PM
hops is how the illuminati control you :fbd:

different strokes for different folks :gimme5:

Godfather
11-07-2020, 11:05 PM
These dessert flavored beers all make my stomach turn unfortunately. I wish I liked them.

FBD
11-08-2020, 01:23 PM
:lol: :dance:

Muddy
11-09-2020, 09:52 PM
I loathe gingerbread stouts.

deebakes
11-09-2020, 10:38 PM
i'm not interested in that one, just the bourbon barrel one :lol:

Muddy
11-09-2020, 11:25 PM
I was so intrigued by them until I had one.. :lol: