PDA

View Full Version : Pfizer Says Vaccine May Be 90% Effective, Plans To Apply For Emergency Use By End Of November

Teh One Who Knocks
11-09-2020, 03:15 PM
By Tim Pearce - The Daily Wire

https://i.imgur.com/kfxLmkPl.jpg

The pharmaceutical company Pfizer says that its developmental vaccine for COVID-19 may be 90% effective at inoculating people against the disease.

The company announced the news in a statement issued Monday morning. The rate of effectiveness was calculated by analyzing early data from 94 trial participants in a study involving 43,538 subjects from all over the world. The small early sample means that the protection rate could change by the time the study ends and all the participants are accounted for, according to The Associated Press.

“Today is a great day for science and humanity. The first set of results from our Phase 3 COVID-19 vaccine trial provides the initial evidence of our vaccine’s ability to prevent COVID-19,” Pfizer Chairman and CEO Dr. Albert Bourla said in a statement.

“We are reaching this critical milestone in our vaccine development program at a time when the world needs it most with infection rates setting new records, hospitals nearing over-capacity and economies struggling to reopen,” Bourla continued. “With today’s news, we are a significant step closer to providing people around the world with a much-needed breakthrough to help bring an end to this global health crisis. We look forward to sharing additional efficacy and safety data generated from thousands of participants in the coming weeks.”

The company said that it plans to apply for Emergency Use Authorization from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) later this month after passing certain safety thresholds. The FDA has required that companies study the effects of their vaccines in at least 30,000 subjects, including people considered elderly and others in high-risk categories. Those subjects must then be monitored for adverse side-effects for at least two months. Pfizer is poised to meet that criteria for its vaccine by the end of November, according to the AP.

Despite striking an agreement with the Trump administration in July to participate in Operation Warp Speed, a federal initiative to hasten the development and mass creation of a vaccine, the company is now attempting to distance itself from the program.

“We were never part of the Warp Speed,” Kathrin Jansen, a senior vice president and the head of vaccine research and development at Pfizer, told The New York Times. “We have never taken any money from the U.S. government, or from anyone.”

The Trump administration launched Operation Warp Speed to expedite vaccine creation around the beginning of the outbreak of the coronavirus in the United States. As early as May, Trump was predicting that the United States may have a viable vaccine by the end of the year.

“We think we’re going to have a vaccine by the end of this year, and we’re pushing very hard. You know, we’re building supply lines now – we don’t even have the final vaccine,” Trump said at a town hall on May 3. “We have many companies are, I think, close because I meet with the heads of them and I find it a very interesting subject because it’s so important, but I think we’ll have a vaccine by the end of the year.”

Should the vaccine be out by the end of the year, it likely won’t be widely available for some time. Early doses will be rationed among the most vulnerable populations while doses for the public at large will continue to be manufactured.

PorkChopSandwiches
11-10-2020, 09:29 PM
Weird how that happened right after the election

deebakes
11-11-2020, 04:32 AM
thanks joe!

Griffin
11-11-2020, 11:44 AM
Funny how MSM isn't all over this. But since they are too busy in damage control over their involvement in the election fraud, health and well being have been shoved to the back burner.

FBD
11-11-2020, 11:54 AM
Funny how MSM isn't all over this. But since they are too busy in damage control over their involvement in the election fraud, health and well being have been shoved to the back burner.

How are they going to hype a secondieth wave if they dont shut up about it

Griffin
11-11-2020, 12:00 PM
I'm waiting to see if they go ahead with the release when Trump is still in office or come out that they got ahead of themselves with the announcement and that it needs a few more years of study.

Teh One Who Knocks
11-11-2020, 12:24 PM
I'm waiting to see if they go ahead with the release when Trump is still in office or come out that they got ahead of themselves with the announcement and that it needs a few more years of study.

Governor Cuomo in NY says that they shouldn't release the vaccine to the public until after Inauguration Day.

Griffin
11-11-2020, 12:30 PM
I wonder where he will stand when Biden is Trumpled.

FBD
11-11-2020, 12:54 PM
I wonder where he will stand when Biden is Trumpled.

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/department-justice-requesting-data-governors-states-issued-covid-19-orders-may-have-resulted

Department of Justice Requesting Data From Governors of States that Issued COVID-19 Orders that May Have Resulted in Deaths of Elderly Nursing Home Residents
Data will help inform whether the Department of Justice will initiate investigations under the Civil Rights of Institutionalized Persons Act (CRIPA) regarding New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Michigan’s response to COVID-19 in public nursing homes

he will be standing at his own trial

Teh One Who Knocks
11-11-2020, 02:08 PM
Lee Brown - New York Post

Volunteers who received the Pfizer coronavirus vaccine during trials say it left them feeling like they had a “severe hangover,” according to reports.

The more than 43,500 people in six countries who took part in phase three trials by the pharmaceutical giant were never told whether they were injected with the vaccine or a placebo in the double-blind tests.

But some said they knew they had the drug because of headaches, fever and muscle aches that were compared to getting the flu shot or recovering from a heavy night out, the Sun said.

Texan Glenn Deshields, 44, said his “severe hangover” symptoms soon cleared up, however — and he later took an antibody test that came back positive.

He said he was “very excited” by Monday’s news that the tests showed the vaccine was 90% effective — and compared it to the end of a war.

“My grandfather, one of his first memories was of the bells ringing when World War I ended,” said the lobbyist from Austin.

“It was a horrific war and horrible things happened and people were just happy it was over with.

“In my mind, I felt the same way … I kind of felt it was something like that. Thank God, it’s going to be over at some point.”

Another volunteer who only gave her first name, Carrie, said she suffered a headache, fever and aches all over her body after her first shot — symptoms that were even more severe after the second one, Metro UK said.

The 45-year-old from Missouri said taking part in the trials was her “civic duty.”

“There are so many people who have had it and suffered. The thought that we could do something to stop people from suffering from this, from losing family members, that we could get rid of it and get back to some sort of normal in our lives — that’s a driving factor for this for me,” she said.

“I don’t want anyone else to be sick.”

PorkChopSandwiches
11-11-2020, 04:28 PM

For sure not until Joe is in office

Muddy
11-11-2020, 05:09 PM
I aint' taking that.. I'll just keep washing my hands and wearing masks.

PorkChopSandwiches
11-11-2020, 05:10 PM
I dont take the flu shot, and I wont take this shot

Muddy
11-11-2020, 05:16 PM
Take the shot..! :x

PorkChopSandwiches
11-11-2020, 05:24 PM
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/e1/98/1c/e1981c3c933343bdd610d1a3b89ad26c.gif

Teh One Who Knocks
11-11-2020, 05:26 PM
I got my flu shot over the weekend, the nanites haven't taken over my brain yet :dunno:

Muddy
11-11-2020, 06:03 PM
I got my flu shot over the weekend, the nanites haven't taken over my brain yet :dunno:

You gonna get the covid one?

PorkChopSandwiches
11-11-2020, 06:06 PM
He's probably already on the waiting list :lol:
The fact he took a flu shot leads me to believe he wears a mask in his car :rofl:

Teh One Who Knocks
11-11-2020, 06:10 PM
You gonna get the covid one?

Depends...

He's probably already on the waiting list :lol:
The fact he took a flu shot leads me to believe he wears a mask in his car :rofl:

I've been one of the vocal ones on the forum about NOT wearing a mask. Only time I wear one is when I absolutely have to, like when I had to take my wife to the doctor.

FBD
11-11-2020, 06:27 PM
it was still funny tho :lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
11-11-2020, 07:38 PM
Depends...

I've been one of the vocal ones on the forum about NOT wearing a mask. Only time I wear one is when I absolutely have to, like when I had to take my wife to the doctor.

I know :)

Teh One Who Knocks
11-11-2020, 07:38 PM
I know :)

:slap:

Griffin
11-11-2020, 07:41 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/49n17l.jpg

Godfather
11-12-2020, 03:27 AM
I saw an old man walking around the park the other day, put his mask on to get back in his car as he was leaving. I was so confused :lol: I desperately wanted to ask him nicely why.

I'll get this vaccine. My biggest concern with it is that many won't, especially once they hear it's a new type of RNA technology. I can only imagine the Facebook Science that will go around about that...

If a sizeable population skips it, it won't stop this thing.

https://assets.weforum.org/editor/large_ysu1JnCYfYwuspfd-rsYJFNsXEN_P194MhV2JSWU_0I.gif

Muddy
11-12-2020, 06:18 PM
I saw an old man walking around the park the other day, put his mask on to get back in his car as he was leaving. I was so confused :lol: I desperately wanted to ask him nicely why.

I'll get this vaccine. My biggest concern with it is that many won't, especially once they hear it's a new type of RNA technology. I can only imagine the Facebook Science that will go around about that...

If a sizeable population skips it, it won't stop this thing.

https://assets.weforum.org/editor/large_ysu1JnCYfYwuspfd-rsYJFNsXEN_P194MhV2JSWU_0I.gif

https://i.imgur.com/bcQKqik.jpg

FBD
11-12-2020, 06:28 PM
remember when common wisdom held that masks help form a bacterial petri dish for you to inhale :rofl: