View Full Version : Amazon driver takes wrong turn onto Michigan golf course, wedges truck in cart tunnel

Teh One Who Knocks
11-10-2020, 12:41 PM
By Brandon Champion | M Live

https://i.imgur.com/xe0hh8Ul.jpg

OXFORD, MI – Drivers are commonplace on the golf course.

But not like this.

Bill Offer, outside services supervisor at Boulder Pointe Golf Club, couldn’t believe his eyes when he saw a large Amazon truck wedged under a golf cart tunnel at the golf course in Oxford on Saturday, Nov 7.

The bizarre incident occurred just after 2:30 p.m. when the driver apparently took a wrong turn down the cart path where the van filled with deliveries became wedged in the tunnel leading from the club house to the course’s third nine.

“Somehow he got inside the golf course and obviously he was not familiar with it,” Offer, who spent much of the afternoon hiding the ordeal from an ongoing wedding, said. “He said his GPS led him there. It’s too funny. It really is."

Offer said he was initially mad at the driver, but he calmed down once he saw how shaken he was after getting a company vehicle stuck 6 feet into a tunnel.

“Not physically shaken,” Offer said. “But he had no place to go, he was between a rock and a hard place.”

A tow truck was called to remove the Amazon truck from the tunnel and the Oakland County Sheriff’s Department was called so all parties involved were covered from an insurance standpoint.

https://i.imgur.com/fV1dzztl.jpg

An Amazon supervisor also arrived on scene to load the van full of goods into another vehicle and to give the driver a ride. The scene was cleared in about 1.5 hours.

Fortunately, other than a bruised ego, no one was hurt. The tunnel, which routinely handles two-way golf cart traffic, is expected to make a full recovery, Offer said.

“People are making jokes online like ‘so that’s where my golf clubs went,’” Offer said. “But everyone is OK. It was quite funny.”

Boulder Pointe Golf Club remains open for golf as long as the weather allows for it.

FBD
11-10-2020, 01:18 PM
:haha:

Teh One Who Knocks
11-10-2020, 04:27 PM
What makes this even dumber is, he couldn't tell how low that opening was as he got closer to it and that he wasn't going to fit? And he couldn't tell the difference between a roadway/driveway and a golf cart path? :huh: