PDA

View Full Version : Someone On Craigslist Is Trying To Sell A VW Rabbit With A Hitler Speedometer

Teh One Who Knocks
11-12-2020, 11:44 AM
Jason Torchinsky - Jalopnik

https://i.imgur.com/1S9d2R2l.png

I’m a firm believer that everyone should be allowed to modify their own car as they see fit, as long as, you know, those modifications aren’t about hurting anyone. It’s your car, so, enjoy it, however that may play out! That said, that doesn’t mean I understand the choices people may make, and I can’t think of a better example than this 2007 Volkswagen Rabbit for sale in the Bay Area. The one with a speedometer and tachometer modified to be two little Hitlers.

https://i.imgur.com/Dt07EXkl.png

The title of the Craigslist ad reads “2007 VW Rabbit, interesting spedo,” and you know, spelling aside, dude’s not wrong. As far as speedos go, yes, that one is, um, interesting. At least in the sense of it standing out from the vast majority of speedometers that lack any references to Hitler at all.

Here’s the picture of that interesting speedometer and tach:

https://i.imgur.com/US2goJil.png

Now, even as somebody who’s so Jewish that my blood type is deli, I’m not exactly offended by this. I’m baffled, a bit, but I do appreciate the care taken here—the arm is placed on the needle, and behind the body, so as you drive the Hitler twins give a little bobbing Nazi salute, and I’m sure that looks pretty funny.

Maybe the inspiration came from the nature of the weird stiff-arm salute? Could be. I mean, it appears that the swastika armbands have been modified to just be little diamonds, so this may not be the work of some creepy-ass Nazi fetishist or bigot, and just a weirdo with questionable taste?

Here’s what the copy of the ad reads (emphasis mine):

2007 vw rabbit. Has 137xxx miles with a 5 speed trans. Clutch feels good. Heat and ac work awesome, brakes are newer stops good, power windows. Interior is in good condition just needs a good cleaning. Tires have very good tread on all 4. Only small issue is the abs and trac light idk never bothered me and there is a slight exhaust leak nothing bad at all. Headlights were changed out to high/low LED lights. Very bright at night.Last month had Mr. tire change the oil and filter with liquid moly and a mann oil filter. Changed the fuel filter had all 5 spark plugs changed with ngk and a bosh air filter. Overall car rides down the road awesome. Time to sell before winter as itll be sitting around cuz i have my plow truck ill be driving.

Asking 4000 cash.

Price is low but hoping the unique speedometer is enjoyed. Thanks for your interest and lemme know if you want to test drive or have a mechanic do a pre-inspect.

Maybe it’s just like a shock-comedy joke? Though, in the end, you’re still stuck staring at a pair of little Hitlers saluting every time you drive anywhere, and I’m just not sure what to make of that.

What really makes me curious is how a person who owns a car like this deals with, you know, other people? If you give a friend a ride to the airport, how is their first question not going to be “hey, what’s up with the little Hitlers?”

I’ve wondered before about cars used as vehicles for difficult messages like this. How would you loan this car to anyone without them assuming you’re a horrible Nazi? How do you take dates in a car like this? You’d either have to actually be a Nazi and only interact with other Nazis, or never let anyone in your car.

I can’t really tell if the speedo is being treated as something that adds value to the car or not? It’s all confusing to me.

I guess if your dream has always been to find an affordable manual hatchback but you really, really wanted one of history’s greatest monsters to let you know your speed and how fast your crankshaft was spinning, then holy shit are you in luck.

I hope you enjoy your new car, weirdo.

DemonGeminiX
11-12-2020, 01:40 PM
Nein!

FBD
11-12-2020, 02:20 PM
:lol: I saw this on the chans a while back

Muddy
11-12-2020, 03:46 PM
Whats the big deal? The holocaust never happened any way..

FBD
11-12-2020, 04:12 PM
Whats the big deal? The holocaust never happened any way..The word Holocaust means a burnt sacrificial offering, who exactly were the alleged sacrifices made to? (We can set aside blowing up the argument with math since that one's just too easy :dance: )

This should be required historical viewing that outlines what happened with the work camps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiHm2S0w3_Q

The world wars, all these fuggin wars, are all just to cull the middle class and keep them on lockdown. When the middle class gets too big and too free its a problem for the central banking cartels.

Muddy
11-12-2020, 06:07 PM
The world wars, all these fuggin wars, are all just to cull the middle class and keep them on lockdown. When the middle class gets too big and too free its a problem for the central banking cartels.

Yes... The FUCKING JEWS.!!!!

FBD
11-12-2020, 06:12 PM
Yes... The FUCKING JEWS.!!!!

I didnt say it was the fucking jews, and I've stated quite a few times before that the central banking cartels are not entirely comprised of jews, so I reject your strawman :dance:

Muddy
11-12-2020, 06:12 PM
I didnt say it was the fucking jews, and I've stated quite a few times before that the central banking cartels are not entirely comprised of jews, so I reject your strawman :dance:

How about Israel? Illegitimate state?

FBD
11-12-2020, 06:23 PM
How about Israel? Illegitimate state?

Just because the holocaust is fake doesnt mean that a lot of jews didnt die in labor camps when supply lines failed. That the holocaust is fake doesnt de legitimize Israel as a country today. Its creation was done at the behest of the Rothschilds, people began writing about that shit shortly after humans discovered oil and that there was a crap ton of it in the middle east and the Balfour Declaration was just scheming. So while its creation is absolutely dubious in nature, at this point in the game you're not going to just go eliminate a country like that. Its creation was wrong when it was done, but after 70 or 80 years you cant just rip out a country - some things in history, one cant but accept that's how it is - we cant go back into history and correct every single wrong thing that's ever been done.

Some wrongs absolutely need to be corrected - like the central banking cartels - but entire countries, no, that's insane.