PDA

View Full Version : California governor went to party, violated own virus rules

PorkChopSandwiches
11-16-2020, 09:13 PM
Gov. Gavin Newsom announced that 40 California counties had moved back to a more restrictive reopening tier as the state's coronavirus cases continue to spike.

The governor said California's COVID-19 cases have doubled in the last ten days, the largest the state has seen since the pandemic broke out in March.

Not only were counties reverted on Monday, Newsom said the state had updated the terms for how counties will continue to be assigned tiers moving forward.

Now, counties can move after only one week of showing data that would push them into a more restrictive tier, as opposed to two weeks. For example, if a county in the red tier had one week of purple tier COVID-19 level, the state could move them into a more restrictive tier.

Newsom said the state would also move counties multiple tiers if warranted. Before, a county had to show two weeks of increasing or decreasing COVID-19 spread to be moved to a new tier.

Businesses will now need to make changes to their safety guidelines within 24 hours of being assigned a new tier instead of the previous 72-hour time period.

Gov. Newsom said he and health officials are also considering "the notion of a curfew" and were reviewing studies from across the country to determine if they're effective to mitigate spread. But the state was not issuing one at this point.

We'll be streaming the press conference live at noon. Check back to watch and read updates.
As he continues to encourage Californians to avoid mixing and stay home as much as possible, Newsom will likely face questions about attending a birthday party at French Laundry in Yountville (Napa County).

The governor's office has confirmed the dinner on Nov. 6 was for one of Newsom's political advisers and included families from several different households. The party reportedly had 12 or more people from different households. It's the type of gathering Newsom has been imploring Californians to avoid.

Gov. Newsom issued a statement last week, saying, "While our family followed the restaurant's health protocols and took safety precautions, we should have modeled better behavior and not joined the dinner."

Several California counties were moved to more restrictive tiers in the state's reopening framework last week. Even more counties are expected to face stricter reopening rules Tuesday, when new tier assignments are announced.

PorkChopSandwiches
11-16-2020, 09:13 PM
This guy is a real piece of shit

FBD
11-16-2020, 09:23 PM
DoJ needs to get moving with jailing all these governors that sent covid patients into nursing homes

lost in melb.
11-17-2020, 02:48 AM

Do as he says NOT as he does

deebakes
11-17-2020, 02:49 AM
i hope it turns out that it was an orgy :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
11-17-2020, 11:42 AM

He's better than you :hand: You are the unwashed masses and he is the aristocracy :nono:

PorkChopSandwiches
11-17-2020, 07:31 PM
exactly

Teh One Who Knocks
11-18-2020, 11:13 AM
By Brie Stimson | Fox News

New photos of a birthday party attended by California Gov. Gavin Newsom and his wife at an upscale restaurant in the wine country earlier this month appeared to show an unmasked group eating shoulder-to-shoulder indoors, according to a report.

The photos, obtained by FOX 11 in Los Angeles, were taken by a witness who told reporter Bill Melugin the governor’s group was being so loud the open sliding glass doors near where they were seated had to be closed.
Newsom apologized Monday over the party after he received backlash over it, saying he made a “bad mistake.”

“I should have stood up and ... drove back to my house…The spirit of what I’m preaching all the time was contradicted,” he said. “ I need to preach and practice, not just preach.”

Newsom was eating at the pricy restaurant French Laundry north of San Francisco to celebrate longtime adviser Jason Kinney's 50th birthday.

A spokesman for Kinney told FOX 11 the seating was considered outdoors.

“The guests and the restaurant followed all applicable state and county public health guidance," the spokesperson said. "The guests specifically required outdoor seating. And that’s outdoor seating, as confirmed and provided by the restaurant.”

The controversy comes as Newsom announced new coronavirus restrictions this week, including closing indoor dining in a majority of counties across the state as cases surge in California and across the country.

State officials have urged residents to avoid large Thanksgiving gatherings next week to keep the virus from spreading.

Newsom said in his apology that he wanted to “own” his mistake because he worried it would undermine the message of safety he wanted to send to residents.

"I’m doing my best every single day in trying to model better behavior,” he said.

Newsom's office pointed to FOX 11 to the governor's apology when asked for comment about the photos.

His office did not immediately respond to an after-hours request for comment from Fox News.