PDA

View Full Version : Mysterious monolith found in remote part of Utah fuels speculation on how it got there

Teh One Who Knocks
11-24-2020, 11:35 AM
By David Aaro | Fox News

https://i.imgur.com/EXPXm4fl.jpg

2020: A Space Odyssey?

A mysterious monolith, which is believed to be some kind of metal, was discovered in the remote parts of Utah on Wednesday, fueling speculation on what the object was or how it got there, according to reports.

The structure, estimated at between 10 feet and 12 feet high, was found by state wildlife employees counting sheep from a helicopter.

Utah’s highway patrol shared a picture of the finding on Instagram, along with the caption: "Counting big horn sheep with DWR this week. During the counts we came across this, in the middle of nowhere, buried deep in the rock. Inquiring minds want to know, what the heck is it? Anyone?"

CH09VY_hAGk
Bret Hutchings, the helicopter pilot, said it was "about the strangest thing that I’ve come across out there in all my years of flying," according to Salt Lake City's KSL-TV.

CH9KTKnBEtC
Hutchings was flying for the Utah department of public safety, which was assiting wildlife resource officers in the count in the southeastern edge of the state.

"We were kind of joking around that if one of us suddenly disappears, then the rest of us make a run for it," he told the station.

The object drew comparisons to Stanley Kubrick's famed 1968 film "2001: A Space Odyssey," which saw a group of apes encounter a similar-looking giant slab.

“I’m assuming it’s some new wave artist or something or, you know, somebody that was a big 2001: A Space Odyssey fan,” Hutchings said.

Authorities said the mysterious object was installed in the ground in a remote area of red rock with "no obvious indication" of who might have put it there, according to a press release from the Utah Department of Public Safety.

The agency added that if people decide to venture to the undisclosed and remote location they "may become stranded and require rescue."

Users on social media were quick to speculate what the object was.

"It’s the on-off button for the planet," one user wrote.

"I love this. I imagine it’s an art piece, but what if it isn’t..." another replied.

The Bureau of Land Management is determining whether they need to investigate further, according to the release.

lost in melb.
11-24-2020, 12:13 PM
:hills:

Teh One Who Knocks
11-24-2020, 12:14 PM
https://i.imgur.com/uxagqXCl.jpg

Muddy
11-24-2020, 01:21 PM
So digging deeper, I wonder if their are any signs of it's installation? I wonder how deep it is installed..?

Teh One Who Knocks
11-24-2020, 01:32 PM
https://i.imgur.com/IMeqySV.jpg

FBD
11-24-2020, 01:42 PM
its full of stars

DemonGeminiX
11-24-2020, 05:03 PM
Let us know when it emits an ear-splitting high-pitched signal.

PorkChopSandwiches
11-24-2020, 05:05 PM
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/GrouchyAnnualAldabratortoise-mobile.mp4

Agent Mulder
11-24-2020, 05:08 PM
Looking at it from an objective point of view, it appears there is no evidence of ingress or egress anywhere around the monolith and since it was discovered in a remote area of the park that presumably never gets visited, it would be safe to assume that it is most likely extraterrestrial in nature.

Griffin
11-29-2020, 09:07 PM
and now it's gone.
:wave:

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/attachments/img_8251-jpg.118468/

https://www.msn.com/en-ie/news/world/mysterious-silver-monolith-disappears-from-utah-desert/ar-BB1btc4L

lost in melb.
11-29-2020, 11:56 PM
:shock:

deebakes
11-30-2020, 01:13 AM
:rip: monolith

Teh One Who Knocks
11-30-2020, 11:35 AM
By Edmund DeMarche | Fox News

https://i.imgur.com/gX0s62rl.jpg

Last week, a mysterious monolith was spotted near Utah’s Canyonlands National Park by park employees as though it just emerged from the red clay.

And just like that, it was gone.

The approximately 10-foot-tall monolith was discovered last week by state wildlife officials counting the bighorn sheep population in Utah’s southeastern edge. The area is so remote that the Utah Department of Public Safety said if someone tried to get an up-close look at it, they could very well “become stranded and require rescue.”

But "credible reports" indicated "the illegally installed structure” was removed by an unknown party. It is believed the removal occurred sometime on Nov. 27.

Fox13Now.com reported that an Instagram user posted online that he ventured out to see the object for himself. Riccardo Marino said he spotted a pickup truck headed in the opposite direction at the time that seemed to be carrying a large object on its bed.

Marino was reportedly joined by another person and the two read, “Bye Bitch," written where the object once stood. Someone may have also urinated in the spot.

Additional visitors have since been stacking rocks near the location around what seemed to be the top piece that may have broken off during its removal.

FBD
12-01-2020, 06:39 PM
monolith shows up in Romania, gypsies steal it within a day :lol:

https://i.imgur.com/oFVP9oW.jpg

Muddy
12-01-2020, 06:40 PM
Honestly?

FBD
12-01-2020, 06:41 PM
:lol: no, I dont think so, but it was good for a laugh

Teh One Who Knocks
12-02-2020, 07:07 PM
By Herb Scribner - Deseret News

https://i.imgur.com/tTdfvNJ.png

The mysterious Utah monolith that had recently disappeared. But it looks like another has popped up across the world in Romania, according to multiple reports.

What’s going on?

A team of biologists in a helicopter above the Utah wilderness noticed a mysterious monolith about one week ago. The 10- to 12-feet steel monolith went missing on Friday, though.

Hundreds of tourists visited the location over the last week, according to the Deseret News. It wasn’t until Saturday when people noticed the monolith was missing.

Now, reports have surfaced that a monolith has popped up in Romania. The Daily Mail, LAD Bible and Euro Weekly all reported on the discovery Monday morning.

Of course, only international news outlets have reported about the outlet at this time. We’ll see what happens when other news outlets, like CNN or the New York Times, look into it.
It’s now in Romania?

One side of the monolith faces Mount Ceahlau, which is locally called the Holy Mountain.

Neamt Culture and Heritage official Rocsana Josanu told Euro Weekly an investigation into the monolith has begun.

“We have started looking into the strange appearance of the monolith. It is on private property, but we still don’t know who the monolith’s owner is yet. It is in a protected area on an archaeological site. Before installing something there, they needed permission from our institution, one that must then be approved by the Ministry of Culture.”

FBD
12-02-2020, 07:24 PM
:lol: I forgot to mention that yeah it showed up in Romania, but the joke was that the gypsies had already stolen it :dance:

Teh One Who Knocks
12-03-2020, 12:21 PM
Jennifer Bisset - c|net

https://i.imgur.com/6xQorGU.png

Late last month, a 2001 Odyssey-like monolith appeared in the Utah desert. Not long after, another identical-looking structure appeared in Romania. They've both since vanished (men were photographed dismantling the Utah monolith). Now, yet another monolith has been discovered, this time in California.

"There is currently a monolith at the top of Pine Mountain in Atascadero!" tweeted Connor Allen on Wednesday afternoon, with a trio of pictures capturing the strange new monolith at the top of Pine Mountain in Atascadero, California.
According to local newspaper The Atascadero News, the monument appeared on the mountain on Wednesday morning. Hikers naturally flocked to take in the shiny metal object.

No one, not a marketing company or NASA or artists or pranksters or a movie studio or aliens, has come clean as the culprit behind the strange appearances. What we do know is that the Utah structure appeared to be made from stainless steel, standing at between 10 and 12 feet high, according to Department of Public Safety pilot Bret Hutchings, who spotted the first monolith in the middle of the Utah desert while surveying the area.

The Utah obelisk, first brought to the internet's attention on Nov. 19, was also apparently installed illegally, without cooperation with the Bureau of Land Management (The City of Atascadero was reportedly made aware of its object). Unlike the Utah structure, the Atascadero obelisk, which appears to be welded together at each corner and slightly slimmer, can apparently be knocked over with a firm push, according to The Atascadero News.

Reddit users have found it difficult to make headway into tracing the structures' origins, since the Utah and Romania monoliths both vanished days after their discoveries. It seems likely the same will happen to the California resident. In Utah's case, Colorado adventure photographer Ross Bernards was visiting its structure when he says he saw four men arrive and dismantle it.

When will this all become clear? Watch this space.

Teh One Who Knocks
12-04-2020, 05:28 PM
By Paul Seaburn - Mysterious Universe

The monolith mania gripping the world and turning December into 2020’s strangest month may have finally ended – and perhaps not a moment too soon. Just as the monolith discovered on a mountaintop in California was hauled away by a group with questionable motives and a fourth was reported in France, an artist has come forward to admit they’re his … and put his remaining stock up for sale. Who had THAT on their 2020 bingo card?

“I am not able to say much because of legalities of the original installation. I can say we are well known for stunts of this nature and at this time we are offering authentic art objects through monoliths-as-a-service. I cannot issue additional images at this time but I can promise more on this in the coming days and weeks.”

Before we find out who is offering “monoliths-as-a-service” and claiming bragging rights on making the mania, let’s take a look at the last (possibly forever) two found. The Anomalien published what appears to be the only photograph (see it here (https://anomalien.com/two-more-mysterious-monoliths-appeared-on-earth-last-night/)) and report of what it says is a monolith “discovered in France in the Gallic forest.” Searches on the location and the photo don’t find any more reports. The bigger news involves the third monolith discovered just days ago on Pine Mountain in Atascadero, California. Soon after it was found and photographed by many, Atascadero News reports that it was knocked down and hauled away by a group of young men from Orange County who, according to the video they posted, removed the “alien obelisk” in the name of “Christ is king” because “We don’t want illegal aliens from Mexico, or outer space.” They also left a wooden cross in its place. Deputy City Manager Terrie Banish said his department would remove anything that was a safety hazard and “the City does not have any plans to investigate this further.”

“We are the global creative community behind the most headline-worthy art stunts in the world … We are pleased to offer a small group of collectors the opportunity to purchase an authentic alien monolith from the studio of “The Most Famous Artist”.”

That brings us to the group actually taking credit for the monoliths. The Most Famous Artist (TMFA) is Matty Mo, a Santa Fe, New Mexico, artist whose website says he’s “known for creating headlines, murals, and artworks” including the White Flag on the Brooklyn Bridge, the Hollyweed Sign and other works of performance art. While Mo shows photos of the Utah and California monoliths on his website and implies ownership of the others in an interview with Mashable, the real proof is the photo of one on a loading dock wrapped and ready for delivery.

CIWt8IlFZ2b

“Asking $45k. Includes documentation and signed TMFA 🤓”

Is this the end of the monoliths? Probably not, although $45,000 seems like steep price to pay to join in a project/prank that has already been exposed. Matty Mo seems to be putting a coda on this one and looking for his next “trick.”

“What better way to end this f*cked up year than let the world briefly think aliens made contact only to be disappointed that it’s just The Most Famous Artist playing tricks again?”

Perhaps not THE Most Famous Artist, but certainly the most famous in December 2020 … so far.

FBD
12-04-2020, 06:29 PM
Unlike the Utah structure, the Atascadero obelisk, which appears to be welded together at each corner and slightly slimmer, can apparently be knocked over with a firm push, according to The Atascadero News.
some christians knocked it over and put up a wooden cross :lol:

and the other one that showed up in europe (forgot where already) already has piss stains on it :lol:

lost in melb.
12-06-2020, 02:08 AM
Does 45k include installation?