PDA

View Full Version : McD's manager punches customer with service dog, autistic kids

Teh One Who Knocks
07-22-2011, 09:32 PM
By Elise Hitchcock - The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

A Marietta McDonald's manager is accused of punching a mother who brought a service dog and her autistic children into the restaurant.

A Cobb County warrant charges Tiffany Denise Allen with simple battery, simple assault fear and disorderly conduct.

According to the warrant, Jennifer Schwenker entered the Marietta McDonald's located at 1291 Bells Ferry Road with her children and service dog on July 12.

Allen, off-duty at the time, became irate that the dog was in the restaurant, the warrant says.

Schwenker explained to Allen the dog's purpose and told the manager the dog was legally allowed to be inside the establishment.

Allen continued to berate Schwenker, following her around the restaurant and even into a bathroom. During the incident, one of Schwenker's twins disappeared. The mother threw her cup to the ground and ran outside to look for her child, the warrant says.

Allen believed the cup was thrown at her and followed the mother into the parking lot, where she is accused of hitting her in the face.

Surveillance video shows several McDonald's employees holding Allen back, according to the warrant.

The warrant for Allen's arrest was signed July 15. She is not listed as having been in custody at the Cobb County jail.

An owner of the McDonald's, who did not want to be named, declined an interview but did say Allen no longer works at the restaurant.

Hal-9000
07-22-2011, 11:23 PM
ok that's it.

So many of these disturbing stories occur at McDonalds that I'm officially declaring that all Mickey D locations are crazy magnets.

wtf?

Griffin
07-22-2011, 11:44 PM
Lets SEE! The woman needs a service dog but was able to "run outside to look for her child" ?

I smell bullshit.

JoeyB
07-23-2011, 05:00 AM
I smell bullshit.

Damn it Hal! Pull up your pants, you're upsetting the other forum users.

Deepsepia
07-23-2011, 05:14 AM
Yeah the "service animal" for not so legit purposes is a huge imposition on everyone else. When the "service dog" decides to pee in the Mickey d's then the manager is seriously fucked. I don't blame him for not wanting the dog in the restaurant. Service dogs for the blind are exquisitely trained, everyone knows that. . . "service dogs for the autistic"? Who the hell knows?

http://picload.org/image/lwldpa/firefoxscreensna.jpg

JoeyB
07-23-2011, 05:31 AM
Also, I am opposed to the unnecessary use of animals as aids to people. There are a few exceptions where they serve a legitimate purpose, but an animal should only ever be used in this fashion in extreme circumstances where the person is otherwise completely unable to function in a public place.

Oh, and having a snake on your person if you suffer seizures is not a proper use of an animal, and also, it's a Darwin award waiting to happen. It's a fucking constrictor asshole! It's not giving you a hug, it's plotting when to best kill your stupid ass.