PDA

View Full Version : China Sinks to a New Low

The Monk
12-01-2020, 02:21 AM
Strained China relations sink to new low

https://i.imgur.com/GYdFaPa.jpg

Australia's relationship with China has sunk to a new low as Beijing refuses to back down over a graphic social media post.

A senior Chinese official inflamed tensions after publishing a doctored image of an Australian soldier holding a bloody knife to the throat of an Afghan child.

The provocative piece of propaganda referenced allegations of war crimes including murder and torture by Australian troops in Afghanistan.

Prime Minister Scott Morrison described the image as repugnant and demanded China apologise and remove the post.

Neither was forthcoming, with the Chinese foreign ministry doubling down and suggesting Australia should do some soul-searching over the actions of its special forces.

Labor has joined the government in condemning the "cheap and offensive" image.

"I think it's very important that we respond in a calm and measured way and make very clear what we believe is acceptable," Labor foreign affairs spokeswoman Penny Wong told the ABC on Tuesday.

"The offensive doctored photograph is not the behaviour of a responsible, mature, international country."

Afghanistan's ministry of foreign affairs released a statement confirming it was investigating the image.

"The Islamic Republic of Afghanistan believes that both Australia and China are key players in building and maintaining international and regional consensus on peace and development in Afghanistan," it said.

"Afghanistan hopes to maintain and strengthen cooperation with the two countries."

The bitter public spat is playing out at the same time as a worsening trade dispute between Australia and China.

China has hit a wide range of Australian exports including coal, timber, grain and seafood with bans and tariffs.

The Australian wine industry has been especially hard hit.

Dianne Tipping from the Export Council of Australia said the trade dispute made it critically important to find other markets.

China is furious with Australia for demanding an investigation into the origins of coronavirus, speaking out about human rights abuses, and clamping down on foreign investment and interference.

They will never apologise as it would mean losing face.

Like their own record is squeaky clean. :?:

Griffin
12-01-2020, 02:40 AM
I think the biggest problem you guys face is you are trying to appease the PC crowd. You were always a strong proud people that didn't take shit and stood up to a fight. The current attacks on your military and the public excepting those views is sad. It's like someone flipped a switch about the turn of the century and brainwashed the whole country.

The Monk
12-01-2020, 07:18 AM
I think the biggest problem you guys face is you are trying to appease the PC crowd. You were always a strong proud people that didn't take shit and stood up to a fight. The current attacks on your military and the public excepting those views is sad. It's like someone flipped a switch about the turn of the century and brainwashed the whole country.

Sadly I think what you are saying is true.... The PC brigade are becoming far too influential.

Teh One Who Knocks
12-01-2020, 11:21 AM
http://www.tehfalloutshelter.com/showthread.php?106468-China-refuses-to-apologise-over-repugnant-tweet-targeting-Aussie-soldiers