PDA

View Full Version : Obama slams ‘Defund the police’ in online interview: ‘You lost a big audience the minute you say it’

Teh One Who Knocks
12-02-2020, 11:40 AM
By Dom Calicchio | Fox News

https://i.imgur.com/Sh8H6Cpl.jpg

Former President Barack Obama had some harsh criticism for the “Defund the police” movement in an online interview scheduled to be released in three parts this week.

“You lost a big audience the minute you say it,” Obama said of the anti-police effort, adding that “snappy” slogans may draw attention but it “makes it a lot less likely that you’re actually going to get the changes you want done.”

Obama made the remarks in a conversation with Peter Hamby, host of Snapchat’s “Good Luck America.” Part 1 of the three-part Obama interview is scheduled to be posted at 6 a.m. ET Wednesday, with the other parts set for release Thursday and Friday, Axios reported.

In the interview, Obama accused anti-police activists of trying to please one another – rather than push for policy changes that might appeal to a broader range of the public.

“The key is deciding, do you want to actually get something done, or do you want to feel good among the people you already agree with?” Obama told Hamby, according to Axios.

Obama’s former vice president, Joe Biden, alienated “defund the police” activists in the Democratic Party when he said during his presidential run that he didn’t support the effort – even though he claimed to support banning chokeholds and creating a national police oversight committee.

Police department policies and behaviors have drawn intense scrutiny nationwide following the May 25 death of George Floyd in Minneapolis – as well as protests and rioting in multiple cities.

Progressive lawmakers such as Reps. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., and Ilhan Omar, D-Minn., have voiced support for the defund movement. Both initially opposed Biden’s campaign for the Democratic presidential nomination, backing Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., instead.

But moderate Democrats including House Majority Whip James Clyburn, D-S.C., have called the defund effort left-wing “foolishness,” and Rep. Tim Ryan, D-Ohio, alleged it “hurt a lot of our candidates” in the Nov. 3 elections.

Also in the Snapchat interview, Obama accused the Democratic Party leadership of sticking too long with “the same old folks” rather than making “room for new voices.”

He pointed to the party’s virtual convention in August, where rising star Ocasio-Cortez was given only a brief speaking role despite her wide popularity in the party.

Obama has been making numerous media appearances in recent weeks, all coinciding with the release last month of his memoir, “A Promised Land.”

lost in melb.
12-02-2020, 12:33 PM
First sensible thing he has said in a while. Not that anyone should care anymore...

Muddy
12-02-2020, 02:03 PM
First sensible thing he has said in a while. Not that anyone should care anymore...

Yeah, he has really popped up out of the woodwork here lately..

Griffin
12-02-2020, 02:05 PM
He's just pandering his book to the liberal minions.

Muddy
12-02-2020, 02:07 PM
He had one called 'Dreams of my father' or something.. I wonder if he will ever pay tribute to the white side of his family that actually took care of him and kept him on the right track..?

FBD
12-02-2020, 02:08 PM
Yeah, he has really popped up out of the woodwork here lately..

So when did this interview actually take place :razz:

FBD
12-02-2020, 02:09 PM
He had one called 'Dreams of my father' or something.. I wonder if he will ever pay tribute to the white side of his family that actually took care of him and kept him on the right track..?

you mean the cia side, as opposed to the fkn wacko cult that mohammed subud was running :lol:

Muddy
12-02-2020, 02:12 PM
you mean the cia side, as opposed to the fkn wacko cult that mohammed subud was running :lol:

Yes, that's exactly what I meant.. :)

Griffin
12-02-2020, 02:15 PM

He already has his third autobiography ready. First was Pre-President, 2nd as President( how he filled 800 pages with accomplishments I have no idea), and the 3rd will be post Pres.

Teh One Who Knocks
12-02-2020, 02:16 PM
He already has his third autobiography ready. First was Pre-President, 2nd as President( how he filled 800 pages with accomplishments I have no idea), and the 3rd will be post Pres.

And this one he's peddling now is only part one :facepalm:

Muddy
12-02-2020, 02:17 PM
The man loves to hear himself speak..

Griffin
12-02-2020, 02:21 PM
And this one he's peddling now is only part one :facepalm:

He should be pushing this one.

https://i5.walmartimages.com/asr/3a799775-eecc-401c-b186-a030669ab76c.eb651381cc8576152af2d0b5fedb7fd6.jpeg ?odnWidth=1000&odnHeight=1000&odnBg=ffffff

FBD
12-02-2020, 02:30 PM
i wonder if he'll write from gitmo :lol:

lost in melb.
12-02-2020, 02:36 PM

You mean not the black father who abandoned him :shhh:

lost in melb.
12-02-2020, 02:36 PM
i wonder if he'll write from gitmo :lol:

:beatdown: :beatdown: :beatdown:

FBD
12-02-2020, 02:45 PM
Chapter 3,
I have no air conditioning and its hot here. really hot

:razz:

Teh One Who Knocks
12-02-2020, 02:46 PM
Chapter 3,
I have no air conditioning and its hot here. really hot

:razz:

Okay, now that made me literately LOL :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
12-02-2020, 03:18 PM
https://i.imgur.com/RtseYQ9.png

Here you go, better hurry :tup:

FBD
12-02-2020, 03:22 PM
does it come with a free membership to his pizza & hot dog club for that price?

Teh One Who Knocks
12-02-2020, 04:36 PM
does it come with a free membership to his pizza & hot dog club for that price?

Review: Barack Obama’s memoir is a masterful lament over the fragility of hope (https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/books/story/2020-11-16/a-promised-land-by-barack-obama-review) via the LA Times

See how far you can make it through the "review" before you start throwing up in your mouth.

Griffin
12-02-2020, 05:00 PM
:hand: no thanks
I don't like to puke

PorkChopSandwiches
12-02-2020, 05:07 PM
The centerfold in the middle of the book shows the entirety on Mikes peen

Griffin
12-02-2020, 05:08 PM
:lol:

FBD
12-02-2020, 06:22 PM